Originally Posted by Johnny9s
I just bought 2 packs of carbon 3200's. The first pack is awsome but the second pack seems to be faulty. I hook it up to my Orion Avionics charger and it says cell overvoltage and won't charge. It was like this out of the package. The staff from the shop I bought it from were at the track and witnessed this happen.
Does anyone know who I can contact as the shop said I have to talk to Orion directly.
You should all TO USA and speak with Cliff or Traci. They will help you with your problem or tell you how to send the batteryback for exchange.
As far as weight goes, be sure to weigh your left side electronics and ballast your right side to equal the left. My testing shows that an IB4200 pack weighs quite a bit more than most electronics. So you don't have to add as much weight and by adding so much that you equalize the weight of the packs, you will still have an unbalanced car.
So in order, the best way to balance your chassis with LiPo is to:
1. Move your personal transponder to the battery side if is not already there
2. Weigh your left side electronics
3. Weigh your PT and LiPo battery
4. Ballast your battery so that your left and right sides match
5. Ballast your chassis equally so that you meet the minimum car weight