Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cheap Rc cars

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2006, 07:48 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Look into the losi mini-t RTR. I think they're only around $100, and I'm pretty sure they come with a battery and wall charger, plus a second battery will probably only set you back $15-$20. You can then get a better motor, better batteries, better esc, and sometime a better radio, and you can upgrade the servo. The little trucks also have upgadeable shocks and bearings. I think these would be a good investment for you guys.

Good Luck

Edit- I was wrong on the battery thing, but you can get a set of rechargeable double A's with a charger at walmart or kmart for like 20$. Or you can get a mini-t battery with a wall charger for $35.

Mini-T RTR

Battery

Last edited by D Hunt 3; 07-30-2006 at 07:55 AM. Reason: add to post....
Old 07-30-2006, 07:51 AM
Tech Rookie

lol IM getting my 1st real Rc car some time next week after i get paid. i dont know what ima get tho cuz idont know what my LHS sells.
Old 07-30-2006, 08:42 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

There are no cheap cars.

how about this :

you and your frinds go to Radio shack and get some Xmods or somthing.

They're cheap.
Upgradable.
small (you and your friends can set up a track anywhere)
you may be able to get replacement parts also.

You'll probably still have alot FUN. and not drop alot of $$$

unfortunally 1/10 touring car is just not easily done for under $200
Old 07-30-2006, 10:16 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Xmods can be fun. If you go to Nikko's website, they have 1/12th scale cars that come in 6 different freqencies for racing. The catch is, they are not very fast (compared to hobby quality kits) and if you break any parts you will probably need a new car.

Loren
Old 07-30-2006, 03:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Look at the Tamiyas, the Ta-05 can get you into racing and its $130 on Speed Tech's site, then all you'll need is a charger, battery, radio, and motor. Then take it from there.
Old 07-30-2006, 03:37 PM
Tech Master

RTR Mini-T... $100 with a radio and a 4 cell "AA" pack. Done.

Upgrade as you get money... Things you need to eventually get for the Mini-T are oil filled shocks ($30 from Team Losi), wheel bearings to replace the bushings ($12 from Team Losi) a decent battery ($20-40, various manufacturers), a charger for your new battery ($Varies, make and model vary), and a new servo/esc/reciever unit ($Varies, makes and models vary), and a better motor ($20-30, manufacturer varies).

For $100 the Mini-T is a zillion times better than the crap at department stores.
Old 07-30-2006, 04:02 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Trinity T Spec...good starter kits. You can get a $30 ESC and a $45-$60 am radio that a little less than $200 buck. It come with a Body, motor tires, and battery: BB and fully adjustable.

Good luck
Old 07-30-2006, 05:06 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

If you're just starting out, you don't have to get new equipment. Go to your local tracks and talk to the people who race there. Find out what's being raced and ask around for used equipment for sale. I have several freinds who have 1/12th scale cars who would sell them fifty bucks or less. I'm always buying new batteries to keep up with all the other drivers and usually sell my used packs to the newbies for ten bucks or less. There's alot of stuff out there that is still usable that many people won't mess with anymore, you just have to ask. Also, check ebay for auctions after you've got an idea of what you're looking for. I see TC3s and other cars every day ending for reasonable prices and the hobby shops are still loaded with parts for those things.

If you buy a store bought vehicle, once it breaks, you're screwed. You won't be able to fix it and you will be out of the money you put into it.

Good luck.
Old 07-30-2006, 05:08 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Here's one auction getting ready to end just to prove my point.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Ultimate-TC3-ESC...QQcmdZViewItem

again good luck.
Old 07-30-2006, 06:44 PM
Tech Rookie

thanks every one.

I think i am ganan go to my LHS and just buy a new kit just so i learn where the parts go and stuff and im prolly ganna spend around 200-250$. and i dont have a local track :-/....there MAYBE 1-3 people in my whole city that have a good Rc car. and all of them are older guys that i dont know. lol so ima be on my own till i talk some friends into gettin some...
Old 07-30-2006, 06:51 PM
Tech Regular

Ask your local hobby shop if there are any club races around. I met a few friends who are adults by going to a club race. Some hobby shops even host a race somewhere close to their shop. So if you can go to a club race, you can ask people bout their cars and stuff.
Old 07-30-2006, 06:58 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

What about a Kyosho Mini-Z car/truck. They're pretty trick and can be found new for about $100 RTR or used with mods on ebay.

Just a thought.
Old 07-30-2006, 07:22 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Here is a SWEET RIDE!.

There is a car from K mart for 100 bucks. It is 1:6 scale so on the track you can punt all the other cars out of the way. It has a 9.6 volt battery for killer rip and top end. Sweet aero package to keep them tires glued to the pavement. Awsome vinyl graphics so you'll be turning heads when you race. Air inlets on the hood to keep the electronics cool under the high demands of racing. Sweet chrome rims to complement the killer vinyl and up the bling factor. And last but not least, a euto-tastic stick box radio. Now you can be just like your favorite european drivers! All that for the incredibly low price of 99.99. You can't beat a deal lik that. Buy this car and COMPLETELY OWN at the track!!!!
Old 07-30-2006, 07:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 115 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jimbo Morris
Here is a SWEET RIDE!.

There is a car from K mart for 100 bucks. It is 1:6 scale so on the track you can punt all the other cars out of the way. It has a 9.6 volt battery for killer rip and top end. Sweet aero package to keep them tires glued to the pavement. Awsome vinyl graphics so you'll be turning heads when you race. Air inlets on the hood to keep the electronics cool under the high demands of racing. Sweet chrome rims to complement the killer vinyl and up the bling factor. And last but not least, a euto-tastic stick box radio. Now you can be just like your favorite european drivers! All that for the incredibly low price of 99.99. You can't beat a deal lik that. Buy this car and COMPLETELY OWN at the track!!!!

whats the hot set-up on that one? spool or one-way?
Old 07-30-2006, 08:04 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Dual Spool!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.