R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 07-29-2006, 11:56 PM   #16
Tech Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bxpitbull
People, unless you have something in writing, don't go posting rumors and innuendo.
But isn't that what you just did?
combustible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 10:05 AM   #17
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

BTW, if you are new to running mod TC you should know that the car will need more attention (i.e., diff rebuilds, new gears, tire wear, etc...). Modified motors put down so much stress on the drivetrain that everything on the car tends to wear out faster. This is not as much of an issue in stock or even spec. for that fact because the motors do not put down as much power. The fact that you will have to give your Pro 4 the added attention does not reflect on the quality of the car kit as much as it does the ability of the driver. If you take any high end car kit and run a hot modified motor, you will have the same gripe every time. My advice is just be patient and take your time wrenching on your car. However, if that is too much of a chore maybe you should consider running stock or 19t.

Loren
llamont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 12:50 PM   #18
Tech Regular

no pro5 no new version of the r40. hot bodies will do the race cars, and hpi the novelty cars/trucks.

that's the facts.
treky11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 04:24 PM   #19
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tpg racer
Hey man wats ur prob now??? We're just talking bout the future of the Pro series.

Just heard sum rumours bout the Pro5 so we have to confirm it with others.

If ur so damn smart, give us the prove that the Pro5 is not comin out.

We are here cause we don know bout the car, thats why we ask in the 1st place.
Um, dummy, IF YOU CAN READ, I AM SUPPORTING THE FACT THAT IT IS COMING OUT! I WAS MAKING REFERENCE TO PEOPLE THAT SAY THAT HOT BODIES WILL DO ALL OF HPI'S ON-ROAD! YOU ARE MY PHUCKING PROBLEM!
bxpitbull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 04:28 PM   #20
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Warner
And of course you yourself do have your this in writing, am I correct?? LoL!!!

I'm thinking somebodys last name is Ron, and his first name is Mo.
Again, I didnt say there wasnt a Pro 5 in the future. When I phoned HPI in reference to an issue I had with their ball diffs, I asked him about hop-ups, considering the TC4 has metal ring gears and outdrives. Dude told me that they were ironing out details and werent sure if they would pour the resources into this vehicle and would they wait until they went into testing for their Pro 5. I dont need to prove to you clowns anything. What I was speaking on was people saying they (HPI) will NOT being doing anything. And unless any of you "people" work for HPI, your guess, speculation, theories are as good as mine. So jump off my nuts and drive on!
Old 07-30-2006, 04:30 PM   #21
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by llamont
It seems as if the Cyclone will be the hot car for the HPI Hot Bodies camp. As far as the quality of the Pro 4 kit is concerned, it is rock solid. In fact the Pro 4 is a great car. I have seen some very talented racers run the Velocity 4.5 with no complaints. One car developed a mechanical issue after the driver hit a dot flipping the car on it's lid followed by a 15ft. slide into the wall. But that was pure driver error. The big beef with the Pro 4 is that it is a shaft driven design. The current trend seems to be in favor of the belt driven sedans.

llamont
Any idea of how they are setting their rear diff? Mine is stiff, but not tight when I set it. Two minutes into a pack, the front is doing most of the pulling and the rear takes an ample amount of RPM's to engage. I didnt have this problem when I ran my TC3. Anything constructive you can offer will be appreciated. Unlike these other internet tough guys....
Old 07-30-2006, 04:34 PM   #22
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by llamont
BTW, if you are new to running mod TC you should know that the car will need more attention (i.e., diff rebuilds, new gears, tire wear, etc...). Modified motors put down so much stress on the drivetrain that everything on the car tends to wear out faster. This is not as much of an issue in stock or even spec. for that fact because the motors do not put down as much power. The fact that you will have to give your Pro 4 the added attention does not reflect on the quality of the car kit as much as it does the ability of the driver. If you take any high end car kit and run a hot modified motor, you will have the same gripe every time. My advice is just be patient and take your time wrenching on your car. However, if that is too much of a chore maybe you should consider running stock or 19t.

Loren
If we were talking diff rebuilds after a couple of runs, that would be one thing. I have been running for almost ten years and this is the ONLY car I have had these problems with. I am well in tuned with maintennance, diff re-builds blah blah blah. I didnt have this problem with my RS4, Pro 2's, TC3 or my nitro RS4 3. I have been run more than my share of vehicles and this is the first top of the line kit that I have purchased that has given me this type of problem. I would even expect something like this from any of my nitro monsters, but this is the ONLY vehicle this has happened with. So, while your observation may be spot on for someone new to this, for me it is not applicable.
Old 07-30-2006, 04:37 PM   #23
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by combustible
But isn't that what you just did?

Not at all. I am speaking on support of, others going by what they heard from this guy and that guy that heard it from this other guy. Six months ago, there was talk of a split of HPI/Hot Bodies because of the managerial disputes. Of course no one is gonna have anything in writing, but clearly, if any of you people want to get technical, we can.
Old 07-31-2006, 03:04 AM   #24
Tech Fanatic

Rumors, heh! Stories, heh! A racer craves not these things.

These threads are always chuckle-producing.
Old 07-31-2006, 03:37 AM   #25
Tech Champion

Pro5? Its going to get funny when they get to 10...

The wife stops me being sane and the r/c stops me from going insane....
tc3team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 07:00 AM   #26
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by XrayFK
Damn dude, what's your problem? Do you race at all on a track? If the answer is no, then stop complaining. The Pro4 is in fact a "high end car" designed for racing, if you want the bash and abuse the crap out of something get a monster truck. Hara's Pro4 stays together just fine because he knows how to drive and maintain a car. If you want speed you have to pay for it.
Hmmm...where should I begin....Yes, I race on a track. No, I did not say the Pro 4 isn't a high end car. No, I dont bash it and abuse it. Yes, I have SEVERAL monster trucks that I beat the crap out of that don't break. No, I didnt say the car doesnt stay together and isnt maintained. I specifically mentioned the diffs not being able to withstand the torque. Yes, I know how to provide maintennance to a vehicle (the three hours a night I spend wrenching and tweaking on any number of my vehicles and the lack of sleep can attest to that). Maybe, something got lost in translation. Maybe, many other people I have spoken to about this have told me that HPI diffs are like butter (19T, mild mods), maybe I have seen it on other web boards that their have been problems with the diffs and the having to resort to other means in order to stay in the race. Maybe just maybe. And, speaking of paying for it, I have probably been in this and spent WAY more hours and have owned and THEN SOLD more vehicles than you can possibly fathom, so MAYBE you should fall back and hold your miscallaneous comments. I realize Hara is a God, heck he is the reason I bought the Atsushi Hara vehicle. That being said, could it be he is using something other than the HPI ball diffs?????????
Old 07-31-2006, 07:03 AM   #27
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Warner
And of course you yourself do have your this in writing, am I correct?? LoL!!!

I'm thinking somebodys last name is Ron, and his first name is Mo.
That was childish and quite corny. But, what can you expect from a person that thinks an "it-chi-bu-shi" is a japanese car. DUNCE!
Old 07-31-2006, 07:06 AM   #28
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to PitNamedGordie Send a message via Yahoo to PitNamedGordie

Ok all the flaming aside...

Will Hot Bodies be producing a shaft driven car... to have a belt and shaft offering? Several companies are producung both like Tamiya and Yokomo...
PitNamedGordie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 08:31 AM   #29
Tech Master

Thats a good question? Don't forget Kyosho, they too have jumped into the fray offering a shaft version of their belt car...or a belt version of their shaft car...
Here's a question, why are there companies out there that offer the same exact products under different labels? Hot Bodies/HPI, Team Orion/Peak, Trinity/Epic, Chevy/GMC blah blah blah......
Old 07-31-2006, 08:51 AM   #30
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bxpitbull
Here's a question, why are there companies out there that offer the same exact products under different labels? Hot Bodies/HPI, Team Orion/Peak, Trinity/Epic, Chevy/GMC blah blah blah......
Because they can't decide which one has a cooler logo, so they just make different companies so that everyone is happy.
XrayFK is offline   Reply With Quote