Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Finding Correct Gear Ratio >

Finding Correct Gear Ratio

Old 07-26-2006, 07:55 PM
Tech Rookie

How do I find the correct gear ratio for my motor? I've got a Speed Gems Pro 10 Turn double motor with a 61T Spur gear and 19T Pinion, I don't want to overheat and/or not get the full amount of speed out of my car, so what do I do to find the correct gear ratio and how do I know what correct gears to get?

Last edited by Danny_Love; 07-28-2006 at 01:24 PM.
Old 07-26-2006, 08:01 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

What kind of car or truck? Also are you bashing or racing? www.gearchart.com has a great way of finding your gear ratios. Also look up your vehicle under topics and see if anybody has dropped any suggestions.
Old 07-28-2006, 01:01 PM
Tech Rookie

I have a TT-01 Chassis (Skyline GT-R Edition) with a Traxxas XL-10 ESC and a Speed Gems Pro Pyrite 10 Turn Double motor, and I'm running the stock gears. Lately I've been told that using 10 turn requires a different gear set then the stock gears, and that once I get the correct gears I'll actually get a little bit of a speed boost (plus, I don't want to overheat or break anything ). So how do I know what gears to get, how many teeth on each gear, etc.

Thanks much guys, you're very helpful from noobs like me!

Daniel

Last edited by Danny_Love; 07-28-2006 at 01:14 PM.