Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Novak's brushless speedo.

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2003, 06:08 PM
Tech Addict

Default Novak's brushless speedo.

Novak has some new pics of their brushless motor speedo. Several of us have some concerns regarding if the case will keep out the elements. Looks like off road use and new poeple in the hobby could have problems with it. Also, orange and purple. What is everyone elses thoughts? I hope it will hold up.
Old 01-23-2003, 12:41 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Im not sure if it's final.the picture has been circulating for a long time.....
anyway let's wait for it to be released to the masses and then we'll shoot it.
Old 01-23-2003, 08:10 AM
Tech Regular

I don't think that the Novak will be the best in brushless. There are many good companies out there that have been doing it for years. How many pros still use their Novak 410 MXcs which was good at the time just an early version. The novak brushless was supposed to be released 3 years ago. I probably would wait until they get to their Cyclone or G7 standards.

I don't own a brushless I have some friends with them. If you want to buy one look to Germany I hear Lehrner is very good but very pricey. With a side to side comparison with my friends brushless vs my humble 10 turn you can get the same power with about twice as much runtime.

Coop
Old 01-23-2003, 02:27 PM
Tech Addict

Default No, I think its the most recent pic

on the web. I noticed it in Wild Hobbies website and Novaks. I sure like the looks of the last pics. Black motor and full speedo case, it WAS looking sharp.
Old 01-23-2003, 02:33 PM
Tech Elite

it sure looks gd.
i was thinking abt back-ordering,but a read at the Brushless thread seems to brought 2 light a problem with the BL motor.they have to install a separate 6V receiver batt to prevent clogging so tat that motor would work normal from a dead stand to move.i dun like tat.
hoping tat some kind soul would try the novak and mayb post whether novak BL has this problem...this product has been almost 3 years in the making,so if it still has the same problem as other brands of BL system,then i think their 3 years' work is...well,it speaks for itself rite?...
Old 01-23-2003, 05:30 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by ijnek
it sure looks gd.
i was thinking abt back-ordering,

hoping tat some kind soul would try the novak and mayb post whether novak BL has this problem...this product has been almost 3 years in the making,so if it still has the same problem as other brands of BL system,then i think their 3 years' work is...well,it speaks for itself rite?...
ijnek: U R THAT KIND SOUL!just sold ur charger...use it for the BL system !
Old 01-24-2003, 06:01 PM
Tech Elite

hahaha...
the price of the charger is not enough 2 cover...but would b nice for some CNY new clothes...
without the extra receiver batt,i could sure save the xtra weight and space...
any kind souls?...hehee
Old 01-24-2003, 06:16 PM
Tech Elite

i dont think ur car will be over weight cos of the RX pack is quite lite if u use the ones nitro use.
bsides it's a sacrifice between weight versus speed and runtime!
if i had the money i would go for it.
but i spend all my CNY clothes budget on a certain BX 213
Old 01-24-2003, 09:49 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

it sure looks gd.
i was thinking abt back-ordering,but a read at the Brushless thread seems to brought 2 light a problem with the BL motor.they have to install a separate 6V receiver batt to prevent clogging so tat that motor would work normal from a dead stand to move.i dun like tat.
Have no fear!! I tested it out at the chicago hobby show and it had absolutley no cogging (kinda hard to tell do to limited space) and it launched like a rocket and stopped on a dime!

I will be one of the first to get one!
Old 01-25-2003, 04:51 PM
Tech Elite

does it need an extra receiver pack?...hehee...
am i dreaming?...i heard it calling mi...huh???...hehee
Old 01-25-2003, 06:22 PM
Tech Regular

it sure looks gd.
why do you want to prevent your motor from clogging ? let it dance how it wants to dance
Old 01-25-2003, 07:38 PM
Tech Elite

clogging would affect the initial start from a dead stop.imagine parking at the starting line when all other cars have alreadi gone by u.
Old 01-25-2003, 10:23 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

ijnek: The novak is a sensored system so the controller always knows where to send the power (I will spare you the details unless you want them), resulting in increadable acceleration.
Old 01-27-2003, 02:54 AM
Tech Regular

clogging would affect the initial start from a dead stop.imagine parking at the starting line when all other cars have alreadi gone by u.
Oh god, I didn't think I would have to explain that one....

It's called cogging not clogging and I was having a joke....
Old 01-27-2003, 05:25 PM
Tech Elite

sorrie abt my typo-error...
anyway,any of u guys get this BL yet?...tower hobbies listed it as mid-feb...