Futaba 3PM-FS Pro >

Futaba 3PM-FS Pro

Futaba 3PM-FS Pro

Old 07-21-2006, 10:17 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default Futaba 3PM-FS Pro

Hi All,
Just wondering if anyone has any experience with the Futaba 3PM-FS Pro. I've scoured the internet in search of reviews, but found nothing. Is this radio new? I currently own a Futaba 2PL and think it's time to upgrade since I'm racing competitively. I've looked at the Airtronics MX-3s and the JR XS3, but I own three Futaba S9451 servos and I'm not sure how compatible they would be to say Airtronics or JR. I'm also interested in the HRS mode the 3PM can operate on. Is HRS really that much faster with digital servos? Does it do anything to the ESC (like glitch)? Sorry for the long winded message, but I really like to do thorough research when I'm shopping for a big ticket item. Big ticket for me at least!

Thanks!!!!
- JV
Old 07-21-2006, 10:57 PM
Tech Master

I forgot to mention I'll need it for Touring car racing.
Thanks guys!!!
Old 07-24-2006, 09:34 AM
Tech Master

Anyone?

Here's the radio....

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXLZP2&P=7
Old 07-24-2006, 12:03 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I dont have a 3PM-FS, but I have had a regular 3PM. It was a great radio for what I was doing. If you are really trying to upgrade and dont want to have to upgrade again, go ahead and get the 3PKS (if your budget allows of course). After seeing a couple of those in person, they are really nice radios. I would love to get one myself, just cant foot the bill right now.
But the 3PM-FS would probably do fine if all you are doing is club racing.
Old 07-24-2006, 12:56 PM
Tech Elite

the best intermediate radio, hands down. this little guy took me all the way to the pro-19t a-main at the novak race this year. yeah, sure, i got alot of laughs from all the factory kings, but it's an awesome radio for electric.

i ran the regular 3pm. i think it is better because, unlike the synthesized unit, it has the ability to run in hrs mode. $120 radio that supports high speed response. booyah.

- hrs
- expo
- d/r
- subtrims
- it's superlight

it's as solid as a first radio goes. i have upgraded to the pk, but other than the assignable trim buttons, i use no more features than i did with the pm.

- reggie collins -
Old 07-24-2006, 01:20 PM
Tech Master

Thanks for your replies guys.

Seaball,
The 3PM FS Pro does run in HRS mode. It actually uses the same receiver as the 3PKS. Were you able to notice a difference using HRS? I'll be stepping up from an AM radio so maybe it would be more pronounced to me.

Thanks!!!!
Old 07-24-2006, 01:32 PM
Tech Elite

i've never done a comparison between standard and high response time. i doubt i would have been able to tell a few years ago before i went to hrs.

hummm... $220. still a great value, but not quite as nice as the price for my setup some while ago. i hocked the std. receiver for $40 and bought the hrs for $80 maybe, to get to $160 total. i don't really value the synthesis. it's more of a luxury, that i never really use. then again if you don't already have three or four crystals, the synthesis starts to gain more interest.

bottom line, do it.