Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
What do you think of more than 10 cars per race? >

What do you think of more than 10 cars per race?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What do you think of more than 10 cars per race?

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2006, 07:40 AM
Tech Adept

Default better

the end result is we would all benefit from this by becomming better at our craft....the fast guys would actually get faster, and so would the slow guys...if this is all taken constructively.
Old 07-21-2006, 07:53 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Im in if they start cars all at once, like in formula 1. Then it would be very fun entering the first turn.
Old 07-21-2006, 07:58 AM
Tech Adept

Default hu huh

Originally Posted by KarpetRacer93
Im in if they start cars all at once, like in formula 1. Then it would be very fun entering the first turn.
yesssssssssss.
Old 07-21-2006, 08:07 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by KarpetRacer93
Grid-style (F1) starts are the norm for electric racing, aren't they? Or are you talking about nitro racing and rolling starts (which is usually for qualifying only anyway)?
Old 07-21-2006, 08:19 AM
Tech Elite

Funny thing is most of the guys that race cant handle being in a 10 car race much alone their own car. Guys be careful what you wish for! I personally dont think it would be fun for racing. How Many of you guys can have a clean run on a track with 8 cars? be honest!
Do you think ego's wont start a smashem up derby! If it is bad with 10, what do you think 20 will do!
Old 07-21-2006, 08:37 AM
Tech Adept

Default my .02

Originally Posted by speedxl
Funny thing is most of the guys that race cant handle being in a 10 car race much alone their own car. Guys be careful what you wish for! I personally dont think it would be fun for racing. How Many of you guys can have a clean run on a track with 8 cars? be honest!
Do you think ego's wont start a smashem up derby! If it is bad with 10, what do you think 20 will do!
here's my .02, the opportunity for most of us at our local tracks, dont often allow for 10 or even 8 car races, given the oportunity over time, evryone would would improve, if our hobby isnt evolving into new and possibly more exciting things, whats it doing? it seems to me that in alot of places especially where carpet or asphault racing are concerned, we have reached a point where we need to start considering new ideas or soon we may all be racing in our basements or driveways, just my .02
Old 07-21-2006, 08:52 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by santinuchi
here's my .02, the opportunity for most of us at our local tracks, dont often allow for 10 or even 8 car races, given the oportunity over time, evryone would would improve, if our hobby isnt evolving into new and possibly more exciting things, whats it doing? it seems to me that in alot of places especially where carpet or asphault racing are concerned, we have reached a point where we need to start considering new ideas or soon we may all be racing in our basements or driveways, just my .02
It wont be on account of this. People keep associating the lack of intrest on everything from equipment to, cars, batteries, Technology, and style of cars. People arent picking up hobbies like this anymore. They rather mountain bike, extreeme games, and internet gaming. Kids have more electronics choices. Also their parents arent as active in their lives as most of us had growing up. Times change. Also the current state of affairs in the world has people on hold from spending money. In the 80's there was plenty of wealth with less choices not so now. Maybe this is the reason for a decline in new people. They just rather spend their money elswhere!
Its up to the diehard racing fanatic to save this.
Old 07-21-2006, 09:16 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default re

What about ALMS, Grand AM.....LeMans.....all have 2 or 3 classes of cars with a big speed difference. They have been running that way for years. I race nitro onroad....I say more the merrier. Of course this can't happen at some tracks....but if the trackl is big enough....I say go for it.
Old 07-21-2006, 09:18 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by SRAD
What about ALMS, Grand AM.....LeMans.....all have 2 or 3 classes of cars with a big speed difference. They have been running that way for years. I race nitro onroad....I say more the merrier. Of course this can't happen at some tracks....but if the trackl is big enough....I say go for it.
with nitro and over ten people............ that could become a mess in the first turn, iv seen it happen where they run 14 people mains and 4-6 cars go out on the first turn
Old 07-21-2006, 09:30 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Running more than ten cars in a race is pretty much you are asking for trouble at my local track we stick with just ten cars per heat. We tried running more ten cars once and it didn't work. And are track is pretty good size. It's just most of us in the heat of racing wouldn't give way a lot of times. and it only takes one car to make a mistake and the car behind will to the same. No matter how good of a driver you are. Like me I always run "ONE-WAY" on my car if there is a colission in front of me there is no way I can avoid it.

So I think running only ten car per race is just about right on my opinion.
Old 07-21-2006, 09:33 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SRAD
Running a full size race car is different.
Old 07-21-2006, 10:02 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Definately supercross style as many cars as the counter can handle. It would definately be rough in the first turn but fun. I also like the f1 Idea same start grid style.
Old 07-21-2006, 01:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by vtl1180ny
Now you're talking!!!!!
Yep, and a penalty box for the punting...
Old 07-21-2006, 01:49 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by BigDogRacing
RC Scoring Pro only allows 10 cars per race, but if you upgrade to the pro version, you are able to run 20 cars. We have the 20 car version and we've been running more than 10 per heat in some classes.

At this year's Beat the Heat Race in Memphis we'll be running up to 20 cars per heat in many of the electric classes because the track is so big (nitro size). We'll have to see about mod sedan tho... not sure how well a crowded track will be with a 7x1 and 4200's on a 200' back straight... :O Talk about fun!!!!!!
This is why I'm running this race, working with people that are not afraid to try something new.... I'm looking forward to this.
Old 07-21-2006, 01:54 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by A-Ko
Forget 20 drivers... I would like to see 20 marshals . ..
Me.... I would like to see 2 turn marshals for the heats... 4 for the main. Getting turn marshaled should be a penalty, and if you are the victim, then the person that did it should head to the penalty box and one lap taken away... If you cut them off... your fault....

The only reason of for the hack driving is becase we are allowing it. Make it cost and it will stop, or the person will bet pissed and leave the hobby, either way you win back good fun racing...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.