Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
New Protoform body: DNA1: For Racing Only >

New Protoform body: DNA1: For Racing Only

New Protoform body: DNA1: For Racing Only

Old 09-10-2006, 02:53 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Dale,

Why are a lot of these missing the wing mounting hardware?
Old 09-12-2006, 11:51 PM
Tech Addict

Default DNA1

or8ital:
I wish I knew what happened regarding the missing wing mount hardware. I informed the Proline packaging dept. regarding this apparent problem. I think we just plain messed up. Sorry for any aggravation we may have cost the guys that got these mis-packaged bodies. (monday mornings and friday afternoons can be rough - I guess )

Regarding the new DNA1 body with rubber tires - " no worries" as soon as I return home from Australia (I'm here for the IFMAR Gas Sedan WORLDS) I'll be finishing an "all purpose" type DNA1 body for use with rubber tires on carpet and/or asphalt.

Dale Epp - PROTOform Race Bodies
Old 09-13-2006, 12:31 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default race report

at the recent vegas warm up at a local seattle area track, myself and travis schreven tested the DNA1 back to back with the P.A.

.... DNA is 3 tenths faster per lap....
Old 09-13-2006, 01:41 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by daleepp
or8ital:
I wish I knew what happened regarding the missing wing mount hardware. I informed the Proline packaging dept. regarding this apparent problem. I think we just plain messed up. Sorry for any aggravation we may have cost the guys that got these mis-packaged bodies. (monday mornings and friday afternoons can be rough - I guess )

Regarding the new DNA1 body with rubber tires - " no worries" as soon as I return home from Australia (I'm here for the IFMAR Gas Sedan WORLDS) I'll be finishing an "all purpose" type DNA1 body for use with rubber tires on carpet and/or asphalt.

Dale Epp - PROTOform Race Bodies
Any possibilities of a 200mm version as well??? This would give the Nitro drivers a breath a fresh air when it comes to same old Stratus and Mazda 6... And if it handles the same way it looks....

RC_Alan
Old 09-13-2006, 08:07 AM
Tech Adept

Dale,

Congrats on your new pro driver...baby Bennett that is! Man, your getting old grandpa!

Call me if you have time between sun tanning. Got more feedback for you.
Old 09-13-2006, 11:22 AM
Tech Regular

I gotta dissent and say I hate to see bodies like these come out. Can anyone say NASCAR? It doesn't even need to be a real car anymore. Just sorta kinda maybe look a little like one. Or a few. Or not.

No offense to you, Dale. You're just taking advantage of the rules as they stand. It's ROAR that is ripping the heart of RC apart.
Old 09-13-2006, 11:25 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Well Sammy, thats why is America, if you dont like it , dont run it.
Old 09-13-2006, 11:29 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by ICEMAN
Well Sammy, thats why is America, if you dont like it , dont run it.
Yep! And if nobody makes what you like? Make it yourself!
Old 09-13-2006, 11:33 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I hear Ya, thats what i'm talking about, you GO!!!!
Old 09-13-2006, 11:54 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SammyXp
No offense to you, Dale. You're just taking advantage of the rules as they stand. It's ROAR that is ripping the heart of RC apart.
I'm sorry, but it's racers that are ripping the heart of RC apart. Why is Dale making this body? Because it's what racers want.

The problem with RC, especially in touring car:

$400 for a T2 (fill in your own car, price is only off 10%)
$120 for the BMI carpet chassis
$75 for ceramic bearings
$150 for a top shelf speed control
$100 for a digital servo
$200 for 3 six cell packs of the latest and greatest high voltage cells out there.

Over a thousand dollars, just in the car, to run in stock!!!
Old 09-13-2006, 12:01 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by jiml
I'm sorry, but it's racers that are ripping the heart of RC apart. Why is Dale making this body? Because it's what racers want.
This is true, to an extent. We, as the customer, help dictate where the industry goes through our purchase decisions.

Seems like most of you guys like the DNA1, as well you should - it's a sharp looking sorta-car-thing. I just wish ROAR would listen to the rest of us that would like to see more scale realism preserved. No need for scale realism when it's not even a scale reproduction, huh?
Old 09-13-2006, 12:21 PM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SammyXp
This is true, to an extent. We, as the customer, help dictate where the industry goes through our purchase decisions.

Seems like most of you guys like the DNA1, as well you should - it's a sharp looking sorta-car-thing. I just wish ROAR would listen to the rest of us that would like to see more scale realism preserved. No need for scale realism when it's not even a scale reproduction, huh?
Roar changed the rules to HELP the racers and manufactures. Do you have any CLUE how much those companies want just to use the name Dodge, Chevy, Alpha etc? Thats one of the MAIN Reason's bodies are so damn expensive now!! They think companies like Protoform, Parma, Murdock, etc are making millions of of RC car bodies and they want their cutt of it!!

Ive spoke with Dale about it several times and its ablsoutly rediculous what kinda of hoops they have to go through when dealing with real car manufactures......I wouldnt do it either if I was him and hope Roar NEVER goes back to that!!

EA
Old 09-13-2006, 12:30 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by EAMotorsports
Roar changed the rules to HELP the racers and manufactures. Do you have any CLUE how much those companies want just to use the name Dodge, Chevy, Alpha etc? Thats one of the MAIN Reason's bodies are so damn expensive now!! They think companies like Protoform, Parma, Murdock, etc are making millions of of RC car bodies and they want their cutt of it!!

Ive spoke with Dale about it several times and its ablsoutly rediculous what kinda of hoops they have to go through when dealing with real car manufactures......I wouldnt do it either if I was him and hope Roar NEVER goes back to that!!

EA
This body has no big name associated with it as far as car manufactures goe's, but it still cost the same amount in all the hobby stores, why is that? that being said, i really like this body!
Old 09-13-2006, 12:34 PM
Tech Regular

Granted. So long as the cost savings of not having a registered mark are passed on to help racers on tight budgets (aren't we all?), then I can support that. But are they really any cheaper?
Old 09-13-2006, 12:36 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jiml

The problem with RC, especially in touring car:

$400 for a T2 (fill in your own car, price is only off 10%)
$120 for the BMI carpet chassis
$75 for ceramic bearings
$150 for a top shelf speed control
$100 for a digital servo
$200 for 3 six cell packs of the latest and greatest high voltage cells out there.

Over a thousand dollars, just in the car, to run in stock!!!

That sounds like the makings of its own thread!!! I couldnt agree more!!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.