R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   How to build a 4 cell saddle pack and how much wire do i need (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/1204-how-build-4-cell-saddle-pack-how-much-wire-do-i-need.html)

Corally Guy 10-30-2001 06:07 PM

How to build a 4 cell saddle pack and how much wire do i need

This is urgent...please respond as soon as u can!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am getting the new Corally 12M with the 4 cell saddle pack configuration....cool huh:confused: ??? Well how do i build a 4 cell saddle pack??:confused:

Last how much wire do i need??? I can find General Silicone Wire cheap...but how much do i need to hook up the esc to the motor, to the battery, wire for the battery, and if i missed any could u please tell me:) :) :) :cool: ;) :D :D :D

Also do i need the Duratrax powerpole connectors for my battery??:confused: :confused:

Thanx all:) :) :) :D :D :D ;) ;) ;) :cool: :cool: :cool: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush:

JB 10-30-2001 07:45 PM

Just buy a few feet of good RC wire, it doesnt hurt to have a little bit left over. Only use enough to go from the points where the wire is soldered otherwise it looses efficiency in the extra lengths. You dont NEED to have connectors for your battery, its possibly to have just a battery bar bent like an L over the battery where you would solder it. However that could be a pain to solder and de solder battery packs every time you want th charge the batterys or put a different pack into the car. I would just suggest using Deans Ultra plugs, they have an extreemly low resistance and unless youre a REALLY good racer i doubt you will notice any sort of difference in power, just down to hundredths of volts.

fatdoggy 10-30-2001 09:47 PM

CUT THE SMILEY'S PLEASE. :mad:

http://www.balakracing.com/stick.htm

FastAggie 10-31-2001 04:57 AM

Over or under

When connecting the two sides of the saddle pack do I go over or under the shock?

If I go over I don't have to disconnect the shock every time the batteries are changed but there is some chance of affecting the movement of the shock while running.

If I go under the shock is disconnect every time the batteries are changed. Then the ball cup has to be replaced periodically since it stretches a little bit every time it is disconnected.

Opinions?

Manticore 10-31-2001 06:31 AM

Re: Over or under

Originally posted by FastAggie
When connecting the two sides of the saddle pack do I go over or under the shock?

If I go over I don't have to disconnect the shock every time the batteries are changed but there is some chance of affecting the movement of the shock while running.

If I go under the shock is disconnect every time the batteries are changed. Then the ball cup has to be replaced periodically since it stretches a little bit every time it is disconnected.

Opinions?

It doesnt matter where the wire go as long as the wire doesnt interfere with the shock.

mr4-malta 10-31-2001 06:43 AM

fastaggie
why dont you put a bullet connector between the wire of the pack so when you take the pack out of the car you disconnect the wire with the bullet type (corally type) (which will split the ack in two) and take it out with no problems
hope this helps!

coolrcdad 10-31-2001 09:17 AM

The bridge wire can be very short and will fit under the shock between the 2 sets of cell pairs. We added connector wires to the bent bars and use Deans plugs. Those wires go over the shock. You have to remove the shock each time but we didn't want to direct solder. Just make sure the esc wires and batt wires are short.

JB 10-31-2001 11:59 AM

Taking the shock on and off would be enough of a pain to do but when you get another car that may use the same configurations and same packs you're building now the connector may be too short. I would just add the extra inch or two for convinience.