Wiki Posts
Search

just treat me as newbie

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2006, 01:38 PM
Tech Apprentice

Talking just treat me as newbie

I have a TT01 but it's in bad shape.
I was a fool. I ran it almost everywhere!
drifting into the wrong places and crashing really badly.
(what a shame... I don't even want to mention this car...)

No, that's not my point.
I ran my car today and found my friend also has a TT01 that is in better shape.
He told he to buy a new car. (I beat him is skill and he beats me in speed because he has a 23T motor.)

I think I will run on the tennis court and smoother areas.

so , I want to own:
TA-05 with maybe some upgrades
brushless motor and ESC
Li battery. (I saw a guy running his 1/18 buggy with only stock chassic, parts, and Li battery, and a motor. the speed can throw the car off.)
A charger... I think I broke one yesterday, and now it doesn't charge.
I like drifting. I mean half drift and half grip. so I will need some tires.
Spektrum stuff (not really needed, but it's still cool)

and sometime I am reading stuff in the forum, I have no ideas what you guys are talking about. the terms and stuff. besides, english is my second lanugage.
Old 07-04-2006, 03:11 PM
Tech Apprentice

I guess I can still dream
Old 07-04-2006, 05:20 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I'd keep the TT-01 and just fix whatever is broken then get a better motor. The TT-01 is good for parking lots and places due to sealed diffs. My TA-05 gets rocks in the diff all the time and it does damage.
Old 07-04-2006, 05:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

If your going to drift I think you will need a slow motor (19 to 24 turn motor), so in a brushless motor setup the equivilant would be a Novak 4300 Brushless motor. Some good LiPo batterys are the Team Orion and FMA ones. You will also need a LiPo compatible charger, I think Team Orion, FMA, DuraTrax and Much More Racing make LiPo chargers. As for your car, you should either fix it or do a total re-build and clean up (checking and cleaning worn parts). You will not need the Spektrum radio. You could probally use the radio you have now.
Old 07-04-2006, 06:21 PM
Tech Master

take it from some one who has a ta05.. the car is a great car if you know how to work on it but for a new driver like yourself i would skip the ta05 and stay with the tt-01 until you familerize your self with the rc world, good luck with it
Old 07-04-2006, 08:58 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by KarpetRacer93
If your going to drift I think you will need a slow motor (19 to 24 turn motor), so in a brushless motor setup the equivilant would be a Novak 4300 Brushless motor. Some good LiPo batterys are the Team Orion and FMA ones. You will also need a LiPo compatible charger, I think Team Orion, FMA, DuraTrax and Much More Racing make LiPo chargers. As for your car, you should either fix it or do a total re-build and clean up (checking and cleaning worn parts). You will not need the Spektrum radio. You could probally use the radio you have now.
I have that very stock motor, so it's slow. slow. slow. 19 T will be cool. so how about the brushless? just the Novak 4300 w/ the esc will work?

the tub chassic is started to melt as it is supposed to happen. (I meant it started going soft.) that's not a real problem. The screws are falling off, I lost many of them. (that's why I want a tougher chassis like at least TA05 so it will hold the screws better even I keep screwing on them)
Old 07-05-2006, 05:16 AM
Tech Addict

You could probably buy a new chassis for less than $15 and you can helicoil all the screws if need be. Then you would be screwing the blots into metal instead of plastic. Of course, with a new chassis, th screw holes in it will be new, Just things like the diffs etc will need to be helicoiled.
Old 07-05-2006, 05:42 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Have you tried putting a little loctite on the screws. Also if they are falling off, you might be overtightening them and stripping the thread.

Especially with plastic kits make sure you dont over tighten the screws.
Old 07-05-2006, 01:18 PM
Tech Apprentice

i guess I overtightened the screws

so what is loctite
and what does helicoil all the screws mean?

thanks
Old 07-05-2006, 06:55 PM
Tech Addict

Loctite is a liquid (that turns hard) that you put on the threads on the screws. When it hardens, it locks the screw so that it can't shake loose but it doesn't hold it too tight that you can never unscrew the screws. There are different strengths though. I'd recommend a medium strength at the most.

a helicoil is used when the threads of whatever you are trying to screw the screw into are stripped. What you do is drill out the original hole, cut a new thread that is bigger than the original and then you screw the helicoil into it. The inside of the helicoil is threaded to the same thread as the original screw that was in the hole so that you don't need to buy bigger screws.

My Local hobby shop sells a helicoil kit that has the right drill bit, tap(for cutting the bigger thread) and helicoils all together.

This is a link to a site that shows you a picture. I hope you can picture in your mind how it is suppose to work.

http://www.emhart.com/products/helicoil.asp
Old 07-05-2006, 07:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (97%+)

The ss4300 system by novak would be a good choice. If you are going to use lipo then you will need to invest around $175 into a good charger and power suply. As far as the car is concerned. Replace the worn out parts. Then when you put the screwns in use model glue on the screws b4 u put them in. This will keep them locked in. Don't use loctite on plastic, it will strip it out. super glue won't ruin it.
Old 07-05-2006, 07:29 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

you wanna go fast buy some good ball bearings. I'm sure yours are shot, it doesn't seem like you clean them ( or even have them) If your still hitting a lot of things you should practice more before you jump to a brushless. With that said, that doesn't mean that you can't get a faster motor... try a 17-15T it's a HUGE improvement over the stock silver can. I think the brushless would be over kill and beyond for you right now. (nothing personal)

Jay
Old 07-06-2006, 01:32 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by pyro18t
I think the brushless would be over kill and beyond for you right now. (nothing personal)

Jay
I have bearings. I use spray the wd 40 on them. and wipe the stuff before that.

yes, i understand that prefectlly. I saw some fast cars and that was all I need. when gets destroy if they crash or something like that.

so I was thinking what to get first (buget... -_-)
give me the prices too. and where to buy it, thanks.
LiPO barreries and charger (ICE is the cheapest one, right?)
brushless system
TA05 (I think this should be last so i can put the brushless on this)
hpi d box (the drifting thing. it's not really needed, but it's fun)

O, if I get the hpi stage d tires, can I still turn normally? gripping at a high speed but not drifting?

what wires do I need (the sizes) I want to shorten the brushless ones (they get in the way) and the batteries to the esc too. and an iron too... but that's later on.

thanks
Old 07-06-2006, 05:13 PM
Tech Apprentice

by the way, if I switch the LiPO charges to the opposite, what will happen?
the + to the - and the - to the +
charging and attaching to the car and run it.

I have feeling that i will do that by accident or by purpose.
please tell me, thanks
Old 07-07-2006, 11:30 AM
Tech Rookie

by the way, if I switch the LiPO charges to the opposite, what will happen?
the + to the - and the - to the +
charging and attaching to the car and run it.

I have feeling that i will do that by accident or by purpose.
please tell me, thanks
so i am planing to buy these: which is first? last?
DuraTrax - IntelliPeak ICE
HPI Racing - D Box
Tamiya - TA05 Chassis
Team Novak - GTB Brush/Brushless ESC
Team Novak - SS13.5 Brushless Motor
Team Orion - Platinum Edition 4800mAh Li-Po Battery

NOTE: I am nekmiyevo2, but I keep forgetting the user names and passwords

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.