Community
Wiki Posts
Search

X-Ray T2R

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2006, 01:08 AM
Tech Addict

The Cyclone S is a much lower spec kit than the T2R. For a start on the Xray you get aluminium bulkheads, proper universal spring steel driveshafts, and pretty much all the bits off the T2. The Cyclone S is a very much down-graded Cyclone.

Having said all this, it doesn't mean that the Cyclone S won't be quick...
Old 08-17-2006, 02:29 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by RAL
I sent email to rc america asking about a release date and they never responded.
What else is new. I get tired of asking my LHS have you gotten anything from RC America? I am interested in the T2R, but a lot of people have dropped out of TC racing, probably because you need an X Ray to be competitive, yet the support is non existant if you are not sponsered.
Old 08-17-2006, 06:28 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Skill
The Cyclone S is a much lower spec kit than the T2R. For a start on the Xray you get aluminium bulkheads, proper universal spring steel driveshafts, and pretty much all the bits off the T2. The Cyclone S is a very much down-graded Cyclone.

Having said all this, it doesn't mean that the Cyclone S won't be quick...

Yes the T2R does seem to have a more upgrades. But if the cost is around $200 it would be a steal at that price. Even the Cyclone S at $150 seems really good... What I really like is that with the cost of high end touring cars being close to or over $400, the companies (Tamiya, Xray, Hot Bodies) have identified that people cannot always afford that. So with them producing similar kits for about 40-50 percent of the cost of a full blown car is a move in the right direction!!
Old 08-17-2006, 10:05 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

That $157 Cyclone S even come with the ANDY MOORE body.........wow, what is going on with the RC world now....

Compare to the $400 (T2) and the $450 (Cyclone) big brother kits......$160 and $200 are a excellent alternative for those who want to get a taste of XRAY or Hot Body that cannot afford (or willing) to spend $400 or $450...

For club racing, racing outdoor....probably stock or 19T motor........I don't think the down graded version is 10 second slower then the loaded version...I don't even think they are a lot slower when running with Brushless / Li-po or MOD motor when compare to the loaded version....however, for indoor carpet, I think there are quite a different.
Old 08-17-2006, 10:46 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rookie Solara
That $157 Cyclone S even come with the ANDY MOORE body.........wow, what is going on with the RC world now....

Compare to the $400 (T2) and the $450 (Cyclone) big brother kits......$160 and $200 are a excellent alternative for those who want to get a taste of XRAY or Hot Body that cannot afford (or willing) to spend $400 or $450...

For club racing, racing outdoor....probably stock or 19T motor........I don't think the down graded version is 10 second slower then the loaded version...I don't even think they are a lot slower when running with Brushless / Li-po or MOD motor when compare to the loaded version....however, for indoor carpet, I think there are quite a different.

Ya its good times for anyone looking for a cheap second ride or someone getting in for the first time.

Its about time high end stuff started to drop in price the T2r represents 90% of the T2 maybe even 95% if you consider a T2 racer running with max flex mode for a certain track compared to a T2r with some added anti-flex posts i would guess lap times would be the same give equal driver and equal gear.

Notice how 12th scale designs have platued years ago but the prices stay high for what you get when compared to a touring car? Most 12th are in the 250+ price range dont include tires or body..... Now with touring car being undeniably the king of rc racing and designs starting to all look very similar perhaps there are no more large leaps in design left and we can start to see price wars instead of chassis release date wars. Wouldnt it be cool to be choosing between 5 top cars and all of them cutting prices to get you to buy??? I know im dreaming but if the hobby grows we may see it,
Old 08-17-2006, 12:02 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bxpitbull
Turn signal...do you guys fabricate parts for other vehicles. I really would like some outdrives in metal (the way you guys did it for the Xray) made for the Pro 4. I know they will probably be in the neighborhood of $50, so if you guys can do it, I will buy two!
Got your phone message, Let me look into it and I'll get back with you.

-E
Old 08-17-2006, 03:41 PM
Tech Apprentice

I emailed rcamerica and they said they dont know when the t2r will be availible at this time. Xray has not sent them any yet but to check back in a week or so.
Old 08-17-2006, 04:36 PM
Tech Adept

At this time, we do not have an exact release date for the T2R. The kits have not yet been shipped to us from XRAY, so there will still be a bit of time before we can ship to our dealers. Hopefully not too long, as we have a lot of people waiting for the cars to get here. A $200 T2 is a pretty sweet deal

If you have not gotten a response to a previous email, something is up We either missed it, or never saw it come through due to junk filters. My guys should respond to any inquiries we receive. We may not be able to answer your emails the same day you send them, but if you don't hear from us within a few days, something has been missed on our part. You can try to send another message or feel free to give us a call at the office. We normally do not respond on most message boards because it is just too difficult to monitor all of the XRAY/HUDY threads with the needed attention; that would be a full time position all on its own. Email or a phone call would be your best solution to have your questions answered. Having said that, we are having some work done on our phone and network systems tomorrow, so you may have to leave a message. But we will call you back next week.

If your LHS is having issues getting pieces you are waiting on, please send me a message at [email protected] or give me a call at the office. I can hopefully find out why there is a wait. I think there are quite a few people who would disagree with the comment regarding support only of team drivers. I know quite a few team guys that don't care for me too much because I hate sending out product for free I always try to take care of the customers who keep our doors open first. If something is on back order that you cannot get, the team drivers probably cannot get them either. Either way, give me a call next week and we can try to help any way we can. We look forward to hearing from you.

Bryan
RC America
Old 08-17-2006, 04:57 PM
Tech Initiate

Default ON-Road T2

When it come to on road Iwas 12thscale only for years, ran some nitro 235 stuff for awhile just never got into tc scene, Then ohhh,...And Then I Purchased a T2 , asphalt w/ rubber car set up is easy, Can take hits pretty well with Out losing tweak easily, Im A Tc Reg now This car is awsome.
Old 08-20-2006, 01:57 AM
RAL
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RC America
At this time, we do not have an exact release date for the T2R. The kits have not yet been shipped to us from XRAY, so there will still be a bit of time before we can ship to our dealers. Hopefully not too long, as we have a lot of people waiting for the cars to get here. A $200 T2 is a pretty sweet deal

If you have not gotten a response to a previous email, something is up We either missed it, or never saw it come through due to junk filters. My guys should respond to any inquiries we receive. We may not be able to answer your emails the same day you send them, but if you don't hear from us within a few days, something has been missed on our part. You can try to send another message or feel free to give us a call at the office. We normally do not respond on most message boards because it is just too difficult to monitor all of the XRAY/HUDY threads with the needed attention; that would be a full time position all on its own. Email or a phone call would be your best solution to have your questions answered. Having said that, we are having some work done on our phone and network systems tomorrow, so you may have to leave a message. But we will call you back next week.

If your LHS is having issues getting pieces you are waiting on, please send me a message at [email protected] or give me a call at the office. I can hopefully find out why there is a wait. I think there are quite a few people who would disagree with the comment regarding support only of team drivers. I know quite a few team guys that don't care for me too much because I hate sending out product for free I always try to take care of the customers who keep our doors open first. If something is on back order that you cannot get, the team drivers probably cannot get them either. Either way, give me a call next week and we can try to help any way we can. We look forward to hearing from you.

Bryan
RC America
So you are confirming that it will be in the $200 dollar range?
Old 08-20-2006, 11:05 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

We are expecting a street price of just under 300$CND up hear in the GREAT WHITE NORTH.

TODAYS CONVERSION 300cnd=266us ...

If it does go for 200US we could be looking at 225cnd but im really not expecting that...
Old 08-20-2006, 01:47 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 208 (100%+)

I can not see the car at $200 usd. $180 for a chassis for the T2?
Old 08-21-2006, 05:15 AM
Tech Elite

FYI...

T2R availability...
Old 08-21-2006, 11:04 AM
Tech Apprentice

This might seem like a dumb question but do you have to seal the edges of the FRP chassis on the t2r?
Old 08-21-2006, 11:46 AM
Tech Addict

It looks like the T2R is already out...Apex Models in the UK have just got some in:

http://www.apexmodels.com/product-se...what=new_items

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.