X-Ray T2R

Old 10-24-2006, 04:38 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

just traded my RDX for one of these T2R's All i can say is good buy torqs screws!! Hello metric allen heads!! Woohoo! I pulled my diffs out front and rear just for the fun of it!! The RDX was great on the track but even the simplest of chores like changing rear toe in was a bulkhead removing task. The T2 line is what race care refinement is all about. MAke it fast on the track and the pits..

Looking forward to its first run next week. Ill be on rubber carpet stock. My FK04 oneway has been transplanted into this car

Who runs on carpet with rubber? Do u find u need to stiffen up the car?
Old 10-24-2006, 05:45 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by VoneS3Kid
Mine..without rollbars weighed in at 1526 grams with body shell Its a bit over weight but should be alright, certinaly performs well!Look at my Nitro kyosho VoneSIII, it weighs 1780, heaviest car on the track, so why are they national champion?? It just goes to show that weight doesnt really matter, it does but heavy cars seem to sit a lot flatter on the track, i find anyway..just my 2 cents
cheerz!
Which tires, motor and body did you have on the car at 1526g?

Weight makes a difference on any vehicle. Although a superior package that is heavier, may generate more consistency and faster average lap times.

The difference can be quite noticeable in lap times when running a stock motor powered electric TC. The keys to weight reduction are keep it light up high, on the sides, in front of the front axle and behind the rear axle.
Old 10-31-2006, 12:56 AM
Tech Adept

ahh.. lets see. Sorex 36's with sorex dish rim, Mazda 6 body and Axiom 27t Modified motor.
I have just noticed how much weight can actually make a difference.. well there ya go! I chucked a bit of weight in the back of my mini and now it is a bullet, hehe
Old 10-31-2006, 07:47 AM

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Talking

Who runs on carpet with rubber? Do u find u need to stiffen up the car?
I found my car was actually 1 oz under weight with body, transponder and everything ready to go. Quick fix was to throw four body clips on the wing. This was running without the top deck posts though, so they probably make up the difference.

As far as running the car on carpet with rubber, once the groove is up and traction is medium to high I'm finding the car has way too much natural traction. During the last 2 day at the end of the second day I had my arm roll centers high, my camber link roll centers high, and I was running stiffer springs than on my BMI chassis foam car, and it still wanted to traction roll at the end of the straight. It was managable (and fast!) but I could not pitch it through the corners without worrying about it hooking and coming over on itself, which it did several times. I ran some real fast laps, only to be punctuated by 10 seconds of rolling over which took me a lap off pace. It was still a A-Main ride, but I spent a lot of time on two wheels around corners. I also did borrow some chassis posts and added those, everything helped a little but the car was still on edge.

I could have probably solved the problem by going up in tire, but Sorex 28R was the spec tire and I could not change it. A 30 or 32 would have helped though - but I'll be racing on spec tires all winter so I just need to stiffen the car.

I took my old T2 carbon chassis and swapped it last night, going to go race it tomorrow and see the difference..it will be much better.
Old 10-31-2006, 08:54 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Thats what im afraid of. i was traction rolling with my rdx on rubber carpet with a oneway, this flexy t2r maybe giving too much grip. have to try it tomorrow night and know for sure.... Ill post back what i end up doing..
Ill start with cs27frt and cs22 rear, i have rp30/24 to try as well
Old 10-31-2006, 09:05 AM
Tech Apprentice

The T2R is anything but heavy. My car with Lipo is 47oz. ready to run. It's 4oz. UNDER the weight minimum.

This is my first tourer so i have nothing to compare it too, but I really like it. The only thing I have done thus far is replace the plastic out drive diffs with the T2 aluminum ones, I also have a CRC top deck on order. I figure with the chasis being composite it could use some stiffining.

When the 007 conversion comes out for it I'll probably upgrade...

Thumbs up for a very affordable ride.
Old 10-31-2006, 10:15 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

http://www.precisionrc.com/nv/car/pr...156&cat_id=199

has a few in stock, I just got mine, shipping is pricey but I was happy to get one. Now lets see if I cam keep myself from upgrading it to 2007 spec once the kit is available.
Old 10-31-2006, 02:12 PM
Tech Regular

does anyone know if the composite outdrives can be directly replaced with hudy steel outdrives, my outdrives are starting to show signs of wear. I like the diffs, they are super smoooooth and I dont really want to replace the whole diff if I dont have to ...

Pete

Last edited by PeteB; 10-31-2006 at 02:24 PM.
Old 10-31-2006, 02:19 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by PeteB
does anyone know if the composite outdrives can be directly replaced with hudy steel outdrives, my outdrives are starting to show signs of wear. I like the diffs, they are super smoooooth and I dont really want to replace them if I dont have to ...

Pete
No, you cannot. The composite diff outdrives use a different kind of thrust bearing, diff screw, and diff washer (ring).

Even still, the steel diffs have not been available for quite a while, and I don't think the outdrives were ever available seperately. For the new XRAY aluminum diffs ('007 spec), it appears the outdrives will be available seperately. Regardless, however, any of the metal outdrives will not be a direct swap with the composite ones.
Old 10-31-2006, 02:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)

About a month ago stormerhobbies had the spring steel diff out. That part hasn't seen the day of light for almost a good 2 years. It's not cheap ($55!) but worth it if you run mod. It would be cheaper to get the pastic outdrives and just run them until they wear. Or spring for it now and either get the new Xray diff off the 007 or the lighten factory diffs if you can.
Old 10-31-2006, 02:29 PM
Tech Regular

thanks for that.

can I get composite replacements for the outdrives, or do I need to buy complete new diffs, or is it an option to get "T2 diffs" with the steel outdrives - will they fit (I presume so, but i have to ask)

I wish Nexus would ship xray parts to Australia...
Old 10-31-2006, 02:31 PM
Tech Adept

Hello Pete,

You can not use the steel outdrives with the T2R diff, but you can purchase the diff halves separtely. (#305016)

Ralph Burch
Old 10-31-2006, 02:33 PM
Tech Regular

will the 007 diffs fit?
Old 10-31-2006, 02:36 PM
Tech Adept

The complete diff will, but not the individual pieces.

Ralph
Old 10-31-2006, 10:58 PM
Shop Owner

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I have some in stock

Nick

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.