Mamba Max....

Old 10-04-2006, 01:54 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by iamscottym
I'm curious, how does cc claim to have timing advance, if their motor is sensorless?
Timing is independent of sensors. It's just when you fire which winding for each rotation.

The lrp timing moves the sensors so the controller sees the rotor as being ahead of where it is, advancing the timing.

Sensorless controllers do it all in software, so there is no need to have the timing on the motor. Novak or lrp could also do this, but it'd require some more smarts in the controller.
Old 10-04-2006, 09:38 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

How about running sensored brushless motors like the Reedy, LRP, and Novak motors? I emailed CC about a month ago and they replied they they are looking into the software so their system can run sensored motors. I think that will be a great idea since im really eyeing up the Novak 13.5 stock equivelent motor for stock racing but really want the Mamba Max controller. If CC can run sensored motors I believe this will be the system to beat!
Old 10-04-2006, 11:34 PM
Tech Master

You still need to know position & how fast the rotor is spinning as to when and for how long you fire the windings so you need either back emf (sensorless) or sensored.
Originally Posted by ljohnson
Timing is independent of sensors. It's just when you fire which winding for each rotation.
Old 10-04-2006, 11:38 PM
Tech Master

http://forums.radiocontrolzone.com/s...d.php?t=223182
Apparantly they are working on the software to make the mamba max work better with sensored motors (novak). What you buy today can be still newer then whats on the shelves next month thats to the USB upgrades

Originally Posted by rcdougie
How about running sensored brushless motors like the Reedy, LRP, and Novak motors? I emailed CC about a month ago and they replied they they are looking into the software so their system can run sensored motors. I think that will be a great idea since im really eyeing up the Novak 13.5 stock equivelent motor for stock racing but really want the Mamba Max controller. If CC can run sensored motors I believe this will be the system to beat!
Old 10-05-2006, 06:50 AM
Tech Apprentice

It is allready possible to run anny motor on cc esc. !!!

but you`ll never get to run a cc motor on sensor esc.

if you wish to install de novak motor you just don`t use the sensor ....
the esc. will use the 3 wires and thats all ...
Old 10-05-2006, 06:54 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Got mine yesterday...

I was a little off on the ESC size...its a bit bigger than what I thought...
About 1.5 times the size of the Spektrum reciever...But it fit pretty well into my T2...I have the 4300 motor in it now as I am running with 19T's this weekend..
I heard guys saying they had to remove material from their chassis's well on the T2 it was no problem in fact with the little longer shaft sticking out of the motor it was even better for pinion location..(T2 owners know about what I speak LOL)
I did put the 5700 in my T1M a 12th scale Touring Car and Yes I have to mill out the chassis to make it fit because of the longer motor can..

So far so good...
Just waiting to get some track time this weekend...
Will let you all know what I think...
-Shookie <><
Old 10-05-2006, 07:51 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Thanks duhh and au.........That is the beauty of this system!
Old 10-05-2006, 09:04 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I think the best feature is the ability to be run hard without having a themal shutdown.....i have pushed mine very very hard and none so far
Old 10-05-2006, 09:49 AM
Tech Apprentice

Any word if CC is seeking ROAR approval? The new list of approvals is supposed to be coming out soon, just wondering if the Max systems will be on there. I'm liking this system more and more as I look at it (except for the green color) but if it isn't Roar approved that may push me in the direction of Novak. Thanks.
Old 10-05-2006, 11:04 PM
Tech Master

Duhh,
Yes it runs but apparantly it does not play nice. Thats why its being worked on.

Shookie,
If a larger ESC means no thermals then thats what I'll take. don't forget there is a lot packed into the baby, USB port and all
Old 10-06-2006, 04:32 AM
Tech Elite

For those who wanted to see a picture of wiring...Here are a few of my T2...

Sorry if they are a little dark, I took them last night right before bed...
Enjoy,
-Shookie <><

FYI, The deans connector is only temporary as I am installing bullet connectors next week when my order arrives, Also I shortened the ESC wires to where the bullets are almost touching the ESC board (just left enough wire to solder it to the board).
Old 10-06-2006, 06:19 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Has anyone put a wattmeter on a Mamba Max? If it draws over 60A I need to think about going back to Neu 5.5mm bullets. I didn't really want to think that way - it was nice coming back to Deans Ultras when I sold my plane stuff and bought car stuff.
Old 10-06-2006, 07:38 AM
Tech Apprentice

wow your wiring is verry clean !!

Old 10-06-2006, 07:51 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by duhh
wow your wiring is verry clean !!
Well you have look fast to be fast...LOL...J/K
By the way why are you using a humungous capasitor?
I run mine without a capasitor it runs fine. Any particular reasoning behind that 15000UF monstrosity.... ???????

Really just want to know....
-Shookie <><
Old 10-06-2006, 08:10 AM
Tech Apprentice

he he he I added it before even driving it ... I thought it would be cool to be able to accellerate just that bit extra
But my motor gets way hot even with the lightest gearing possible on our carpet track .. and I at the end of the straight it will eassily spin all 4 wheels !!!

so i`ll think i remove it because it cause a uge amount of current trough the motor effery time I accellerate

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.