Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mamba Max....

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2007, 05:04 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

mate, give mooony's & my wire setup a go, u never know...

Try fiddeling with the throttle curve, also are you using drag brake, because too much can also cause cogging.

Have you hardwired the motor to the esc, or are you still using bullet connectors?

have a tamper with the motors timing on the can, your vortex should have come with instructions that show you how to do it, etc...
Old 10-20-2007, 06:44 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default Answers!

ESC is wired exactly like yours an moony.

Throttle curve has been adjusted up.

20% drag brake only

ESC and motor are hardwired.

Have not touched timing on the can.

All this was done before I went to the track this morning!

Originally Posted by Drift Demon
mate, give mooony's & my wire setup a go, u never know...

Try fiddeling with the throttle curve, also are you using drag brake, because too much can also cause cogging.

Have you hardwired the motor to the esc, or are you still using bullet connectors?

have a tamper with the motors timing on the can, your vortex should have come with instructions that show you how to do it, etc...
Old 11-18-2007, 02:52 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Hi guys i have manage to come up with another problem with my mamba system again first my ESC went got it repaired from castle mind you i live in barbados.
At club racing today placed my car on the start/finish line throttle it from the driver stand and the motor is getting on like i have a rock in the drive train take out the motor and it has a tight spot while turning the shaft like something inside rubbing or touching.
Anyone shared this experience.
Old 11-18-2007, 04:34 PM
Tech Regular

what motor is it? if there's a tight spot in the motor, your bearings might need an oil or they might be buggered!
Old 11-18-2007, 05:04 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

7700 motor.
Old 11-25-2007, 06:39 AM
Tech Regular

I race a XXX-T on carpet with foams powered by a 7700 system with Ni-mh packs. This is the settings I used last winter for racing, and I was wondering what others have liked.
Brake amount: 50%
Punch Control: 40%
Start power: Low
Cutoff Voltage: No Cutoff
Drag Brake: 20%
Motor Timing: Normal
Throttle Curve: It is straight at a 3:2 until around 80 than I have pulled it very to a steep curve to 100. This gives me a lot more control at the begining, but when I need the speed I can get on the throttle.

Brake curve: It is a concave line with the center around 60 (I need to mess with this. My brakes lock very easy which causes the truck to slide)

Please let me know if you are a 10th scale carpet stadium driver with settings that work for you. I would like to try some new setups
Old 11-25-2007, 06:58 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)

Originally Posted by barber
Hi guys i have manage to come up with another problem with my mamba system again first my ESC went got it repaired from castle mind you i live in barbados.
At club racing today placed my car on the start/finish line throttle it from the driver stand and the motor is getting on like i have a rock in the drive train take out the motor and it has a tight spot while turning the shaft like something inside rubbing or touching.
Anyone shared this experience.
must be damaged, either the rotor fell apart, a wind fell in, or some sort of debris (sand, dirt, etc). i would suggest opening the motor and checking it out. if the rotor has a chunk missing, theres your sign.

hope that helps!
Old 11-25-2007, 09:28 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

When will the software update that allows the MM to run sensored motors perfectly going to be released? Its been a yr now since I've been waiting...any real updates, progress, anything?

In the meantime, I am runnin my MM w/ Orion 10.5 Vortex BL motor, and the only issue I'm having is with the brakes...for some reason the brakes are retarded- there's a lag from when hit brakes on radio to the car actually braking...I have tried different throttle curves, and brake settings and now I have something that works, but it makes an ugly noise when braking...it just doesnt sound as smooth and quite braking like a GTB or LRP Sphere...anyone running the MM with Orion 10.5 BL motor, would you please suggest something that's work really well?
Old 12-06-2007, 08:07 PM
Tech Regular

Default ESC NOT Working

Today I turned my mamba max esc on to make a few practice laps and the green and red leds turned on. It never made the signature tones upon startup. Now the esc is "frozen" and does not work. When I hook it up to the computer it seems like it can retreve the info from the esc, but I can not load any to the esc. An error message pops up.

When I first bought my Mamba, I had a very similar problem and Castle Creations sent me a new one(of course missing two race weekends) then I had to send my old one in.

Please help I have a race on Saturday
Old 12-06-2007, 09:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Default b

I have a few questions about a mamba system. I have a 5700 system and the motor is getting scratchy*, I assume its getting dirty, is there a way to clean it or oil it? The other Q I have is am I able to use a 7700 motor with 6 cell NiMh packs, I heard from someone that this motor is for use with LiPo only. Thanks for any help.
Old 12-06-2007, 09:26 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by trdsupra88
The other Q I have is am I able to use a 7700 motor with 6 cell NiMh packs, I heard from someone that this motor is for use with LiPo only. Thanks for any help.
That person has no idea what he is talking about.
Old 12-06-2007, 10:07 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

They might be saying that the easiest way to get the peak performance is Lipo. You can put 10 sub C cells in a pack and hook it up, but it is heavy and at that price, you should just bump up to a 2S Lipo.

Ironically enough, LiPo "seems" more safe nowadays. The sub C cells are getting so dangerously fragile as they pump up the mAh. Of course, when people buy LiPo, you respect it. People tend to bash Nickel based cells because they seem so sturdy until they blow up after driving into the tree. I swear, the tree came out of nowhere...

*ahem*

You can hook up anything to it. Just the ESC is CAPABLE of handling all that power.
Old 12-06-2007, 10:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Default b

Alright, thanks
Old 12-06-2007, 10:29 PM
Tech Master

I was running 3900 in my Mini with no issue and increased power to a 2s LiPo. Only issue I have is LiPo is lighter and for street driving have to really watch it.
Old 12-06-2007, 10:30 PM
Tech Master

oops Mini w/7700 Mamba, 8kv motor

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.