Wiki Posts
Search

Xray FK04 Setup

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2006, 11:03 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default Xray FK04 Setup

I am looking to set up an FK04 for a "high bite" asphalt track. Does anyone have any setup/gearing information for this car.

Thanks
llamont
Old 06-28-2006, 11:28 AM
Tech Regular

The stock set-up is good for asphalt. If you have really good grip, maybe one step stiffer springs in the front. Make sure to put some tape on at least one side of your saddle packs. I got T-boned last winter and watched my best pack go up in smoke.
Old 06-28-2006, 06:37 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Stampede
Make sure to put some tape on at least one side of your saddle packs. I got T-boned last winter and watched my best pack go up in smoke.
Same thing happened to me exept it blew up one of my good packs and my 400$ gtb novak brushless esc.
Old 06-28-2006, 09:20 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Dang

I raced (my Fk04) on carpet (back in Ohio) for a season with the car. With all of the wrecks I've seen, I must have been fortunate not to watch any of my packs go up in flames. However, I did watch my LRP speedo go up in flames on my TC4. It burned a hole in my chassis. The neat thing is that the fan and intake made the flames exit through the bottom of the car. Although it sucked to watch my car burn, it was neat at the same time.
Old 07-01-2006, 10:54 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

i race a 04 on asphalt. although i wouldnt call our track high bite (more like medium), i use this.

short setup version,

camber all 4, 2 degrees
droop, well... there is none
shocks, 30wt
springs yellow rear, white front
2 peice flexy top deck, stock chassis plate

front top shock mounts, middle hole(stock towers)
rear top shock mounts, 2nd or 3rd from very inside hole(stock tower)

not shure about the toe in. never really mesured it, just set it and forgot it

hope it helps, i use the same car and setup for both 19t and stock, heck the few times i ran it on carpet all i changed was the chassis plate and top deck to the bmi carpet chassis

its the top deck on the right
Old 07-03-2006, 10:49 PM
Tech Regular

speaking of goin up in flames, yesturday at our club races, one guys motor actually caught fire in his car, while waiting on the line for the buzzer..?
Old 07-04-2006, 05:57 PM
Tech Adept

I run an almost identical set-up to jarrodh. The toe in i think I have at 1 degree or so. Not much, but enough to know it's there. If you're not setting it up with a set-up station, your toe in should be just enough that you can just see it with the wheels all attached. (Yes, there was a time that I set my cars up by eye... and i still placed )

Diff should be on the loose side, but not so much that there's any slip between drive and wheels.

The track i race at has med-high bite, although this setup is fine for a very slippery track too (it's been wet out here recently) and when the track temp is exceptionally low. More than anything you just get understeer with this setup on a slippery track. A touch of oversteer on the power.

On the flames issue, i saw a blokes EA Monster Stock also go up in flames about a month and a half ago. Racing at night and all of a sudden there's smoke pouring from under his car. I joined him after the race and he was just at a loss to explain it.
Old 07-05-2006, 04:12 AM
Tech Regular

I always started with 2 degrees toe-in. If I needed more rear bite, I'd go to 2.5 or 3.
Old 07-05-2006, 01:11 PM
Tech Regular

i think my car was set on a station when it was first built, but its now done all by eye, and seat of pants feeling. i have a one way in the front, but had a diff before that, i didnt really have to change any setup to make it work, just added trim so that it would creep, when off the trigar.
the diffs on mine are also loose, compared to others. our club races in the rain aswell its alot of fun just have to avoid the puddles.

set your toe so you can just see, it(1-2 degrees) and if you need more move the top shock mounts inward.

somehow im able to stay in the a-main almost every where i go, with low dollar motors, built and driven by me, a 17 year old, and a body missing hlf of the drivers side, front fenders, and the passenger side is ripping of now. and year and a half old, 3300 mah packs. the shame list goes on. as you can probably tell, im a low budget racer. lol
Old 07-05-2006, 03:13 PM
Tech Addict

Here, you will get a selection of setup for XRAY T1, good or bad selection, dunnt no, no need!

Source

For more have a look to Xray website!
Old 07-07-2006, 07:12 PM
JCB
Tech Addict

great info..