R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   Any new CEFX news??? (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/119359-any-new-cefx-news.html)

wingman2 06-26-2006 11:11 AM

Any new CEFX news???

Hi all, does anyone know of any new CEFX news? Nothing seems to get updated on their own website so maybe someone could give me some info on here? I am aware of the new chassis with holes for the Associated front end but did anything ever get released with regards to the Trinity type front end or was that for team drivers only? Any news, that would be great.

All the best,

Chris.

Stampede 06-26-2006 02:03 PM

I'm pretty sure they were using the Trinity front end to test out different geometries on account of the adjustability. From what I heard, which may be the last you heard, the Assoc. front end was going to be the choice.

rogtsaamokin 06-26-2006 02:29 PM

Josh, was suppose to design his own Molded frontend that was to be released in the fall, for both chassis I had thought, word from CEFX is a few new releases before Cleveland
Rogtsaamokin :sneaky:

Josh Cyrul 06-27-2006 07:20 PM

We are releasing 3 new chassis to allow people to use the Asc front end. They come in 3 different widths at the front. Standard = Asc, Medium = .050 wider, Wide = .100 wider. This should give our users a full line of options.... I'll update more after the WC!!!

wingman2 06-29-2006 03:37 AM

Thanks for the reply. Will you be offering a chassis with the trinity style front end on? Thanks also to your wife who sent me a good reply to my home e-mail. Good luck in Italy!

HappyHippo 10-09-2006 08:16 AM

Any news on the EVO 2 chassis

smyka 10-09-2006 10:17 AM

hey josh how is the oval chassies comming ? or dont you want anyone to beat you at the birds with your own car :) :) by the way tought break at the 1/8 nats

Josh Cyrul 10-09-2006 11:40 AM

Hey Mark,

The Nats was a joke.....

The Oval chassis are coming allong. I cut the graphite the other day for the prototype/preproduction 1/10 car - That will be tested for sure this weekend. Hopefully, we'll be cutting the proto/preproduction 1/12 oval car this week so we can run it either this weekend or next. Hopefully we'll have both cars out in November-December!!

Also, we are making the new 1/12 kits that include the new Evo2 Medium chassis with an AE front end. The Evo2 Medium chassis is now avaliable and we should have the Evo2 Standard and Wide Chassis in stock by the end of the week.

Also, we will have new front end braces to match the new chassis very soon.

Add into that we now have a Tamiya 415 MSX and Marc R. Edition Top decks avaliable. Before I left for the 1/8 Nats, I finished up a new HB Cyclone Carpet Top Deck and Rear Deck. They turned out really good and are quite stiffer than anything else out there!!

More new stuff coming soon.... I just have to finish it all up!!

Ramyuras 10-09-2006 12:25 PM

Where can i get the new chassis?

huskerfreak 10-09-2006 03:26 PM

Originally Posted by Ramyuras
Where can i get the new chassis?

http://cefxraceway.net/

xtrememadness 10-09-2006 04:38 PM

hey josh, the c12 looks sweet. when will the reinhard top deck be available and will it be good for carpet. i will be running my msx in cleveland and want to try the top deck. thanx.

Ramyuras 10-09-2006 05:58 PM

Huskerfreak, thanx for the info my next Q is i notice there is a few different chassis standard med and wide what is the use for the different size?

dodgeguy 10-09-2006 06:26 PM

Josh, what time do sign ups end for the race this weekend? I am going to stop and race on my way to Auburn Hills for a week of work. What tires for TC are the norm?

Thanks,
Kevin

reilly 10-09-2006 07:26 PM

DodgeGuy: TC Tires Parma Cyan front, Magenta Rear
Jaco Dbl Pink/ Org Front, Dbl Pink Rear

Ramyuras: the different width chassis change how hard your car steers,
It's one of those things that you only get from CEFX :sneaky:

Hope that helps, Josh can explain further when he gets a chance.
James

Josh Cyrul 10-10-2006 02:38 PM

xtrememadness - We are working on getting all the new graphite products up on the web site. I've just got back from the 1/8 Nats so I am trying to catch up and get Angel all the part #'s, pricing info and pictures so she can get them up on the site - www.cefxraceway.net

ram - The standard chassis is the same front width as the Asc. The medium is .050 wider and the wide is .100 wider. Generally, we run the standard for asphalt and modified carpet low grip. We use the medium for higher grip tracks in all classes. The wide chassis we use for stock and maybe 19t at the really high bite races (IIC last year, Snowbirds, Nats).

dodgeguy - Saturday is oval this weekend, Sunday is road course. Sunday, doors open at 9am with racing starting at noon. This weekend is our "Bon Voyage to Summer" race. We'll have goodies for everyone who comes in the door including lunch!!