Community
Wiki Posts
Search

drift tires

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2006, 06:41 PM
Tech Initiate

Default drift tires

Some one told me that you can use pvc pipe for drifting tires if you glue them on the rim well what are the advantages/disadvantages to using these? and will a stock associated tc3 be googd for drifting? i bought one from ebay and im getting started in racing and i want to get in to drifting

also i still havent even received the car yet hopin for monday

thanks all information is aprtiated

Cody
Old 06-22-2006, 07:07 PM
Tech Apprentice

if you can find any, which im sure you can, use ABS tubing instead of PVC tubing. PVC is poisonous when heated up and also doesn't give enough grip. ABS tubing(which looks exactly like pvc. infact it can be found in the pvc piping area and you might actually mistaken it for pvc. it'll say what it is) is not poisonous and gives almost the perfect amount of grip an many surfaces.
Any chassis will drift as long as its 4wd, and im sure a stock TC3 will do just fine. bring a spare rim with you to the hardware store to see how well the fit is with the tubing. chances are 2" will be perfect. for me, it fit on snugly and i didn't need any glue at all, just abit of force to get it on all the way. before you buy any upgrades/hopups, get good at drifting first. go through 2 sets of ABS and then think about upgrading your car. you have to have a good foundation(your skill) before you try to build up on it.
Old 06-23-2006, 09:58 AM
Tech Regular

yeah, get the black stuff, so it looks like real tires, and post on the offical drift thread with any questions
Old 06-23-2006, 12:49 PM
Tech Fanatic

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by supradude
Some one told me that you can use pvc pipe for drifting tires if you glue them on the rim well what are the advantages/disadvantages to using these? and will a stock associated tc3 be googd for drifting? i bought one from ebay and im getting started in racing and i want to get in to drifting

also i still havent even received the car yet hopin for monday

thanks all information is aprtiated

Cody

always go abs or if possible get a little more grip wth some other kind of material that you find out

stock tc3 chassis is perfect..get a decent set-up and then practise till your good to find out what you need and what you dont want to get your car just right for drifting
Old 06-23-2006, 02:59 PM
Tech Initiate

thanks i appreciate it and sorry next time ill put it on the drift thread.
but you said to have the correct setup well what would that be?

thanks for everything cody
Old 06-24-2006, 03:50 PM
Tech Addict

Active
Attached Thumbnails drift tires-dsc01023.jpg   drift tires-dsc01026.jpg   drift tires-dsc01031.jpg   drift tires-dsc01025.jpg