Electric 2wd 1/10 Touring Car

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Electric 2wd 1/10 Touring Car

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2006, 10:59 PM
Tech Apprentice

strange, independent suspension should help xrays planted better than rigid (live) axle pan car on cornering, did you set the rear arm with antisquat or else?
No antisquat or antiroll. Last week, my car totally planted on the track. but no afternoon rain. Track totally dry. I'm using the same set-up with last week. The tyre even weared. No coning.

I think my highest speed close to 60mph. Even still accelarate before enter the U turn. That the best part for 2wd system. Alot of drag brake has been set-up to enter U turn. Throttle: -60 exp. Brake: +20 exp. Higher drag brake (good to slowdown) but having problem at high speed corner. Difficult to find sweet spot at the throttle. Sucking battery faster. Problem mainly during entering U turn at the end of straight and high speed corner.

Next testing, lesser drag brake only using finger to slowdown to enter the U turn. Hopefully my finger smooth enough.

FYI. My U-Force75 + Shadow + 3800 intellect in 4WD touring give me top speed 51mph (recorded during local club race). 7th qualified. By using the same system, I think, 2WD give me close 60mph.
Old 07-27-2006, 01:54 AM
Tech Apprentice

Faiz,

Outdoor track (asphalt), medium to tight I prefer 4wd but for high speed track, 2wd is my first of choice.
Old 07-27-2006, 09:24 AM
Tech Elite

With the size of the rear tires on a Pro10 car, he'll have a lot of potential for rear traction compared to you with a much smaller rear tire. . .could have something to do with it.
Old 07-28-2006, 01:57 AM
Tech Apprentice

With the size of the rear tires on a Pro10 car, he'll have a lot of potential for rear traction compared to you with a much smaller rear tire. . .could have something to do with it.
Agreed, but at my place (Far East), no support at all from LHS for Pro 10 class. Tire is the main problem. I have the same thinking wider is better for high speed track.

Any complete video clips for Pro 10 Race to be down load?
Old 07-31-2006, 07:40 PM
Tech Regular

will give some feedback soon
Attached Thumbnails Electric 2wd 1/10 Touring Car-dscf10426892_288.jpg   Electric 2wd 1/10 Touring Car-dscf10436892_178.jpg   Electric 2wd 1/10 Touring Car-dscf10476892_812.jpg  
Old 01-24-2007, 01:21 AM
Tech Apprentice

Dear guys,

Some update from me. My converted 2wd T1Evo 2 get more stable after adding some drop. 4 at rear arm and 5 at front arm. with the right damping the car so planted to the ground. Front 37shore back 35 shore.

With -25% for steering forward and return servo (M8 controller). Right hight 6mm.
Old 01-24-2007, 07:41 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by UFShadow
Dear guys,

Some update from me. My converted 2wd T1Evo 2 get more stable after adding some drop. 4 at rear arm and 5 at front arm. with the right damping the car so planted to the ground. Front 37shore back 35 shore.

With -25% for steering forward and return servo (M8 controller). Right hight 6mm.
Can you please post a picture of the car. I have been following this thread and the pantoura thread where the guy made a three link rear suspension.

I see and have said this for a couple years, the 2 wd cars are going to be the next generation racers.

Although I dont think they will all be Direct drive, but modified awd tourers ala 2wd. It would be nice to see pancars comeback. Like I said it may not be the origional cars but some modern version.
Old 01-24-2007, 09:05 AM
Tech Regular

you may want to look at mlpmotorsports.com Marty peterson has a couple of contermporary designs. It has a pod rear end but a modern front suspension. One with laydown shocks.

He can make the car to whatever specs you want.

later wn
Old 01-27-2007, 08:40 PM
Tech Regular

Rubber tyres on carpet with 4 cell this little thing is a rocket for under $100 great budget racer!
Attached Thumbnails Electric 2wd 1/10 Touring Car-hpim0179-1.jpg  
Old 01-27-2007, 10:53 PM
Tech Master

this is sooooooo queeeeer!!!!!!!

too many classes already!!!!!!!! why combine touring and pan car....

It would be cool to see 10th pan cars back in the game.....but 2wd touring....

you gotta be kiddn me!!!!!
Old 01-28-2007, 08:30 PM
Tech Apprentice

Can you please post a picture of the car.
Sorry Speedxl, Don't have the pic. It just T1xray with no front belt, diff and drive shaft. Others, same as T1xray touring.

I have been following this thread and the pantoura thread where the guy made a three link rear suspension.
. Actually, what he did is to avoid bouncing on uneven tract, especially asphalt tract. That helps a lot. If you know Mercedes GT car flying and flip over out off the track in LeMans racing that coz by mainly the suspension not absorb the tract surface properly and settle quickly. Toyota GT1 at that time more stable at that race not bouncing like Merc. But F1 car using high profile tyre, so most the vibration from the tract absorb by tyre.

4 adjustable independent suspensions really help my car planted on the tract. No bouncing, even at uneven asphalt tract. Similar to 4wd touring but accelerate like pancar. Lighter and I can play 25% longer than normal touring with same system. No problem to tailing racing spec 4wd touring stock with higher top speed. I did some testing to find the setting.

Basically, when 4wd touring convert to 2wd, the original setting cannot be use. It tends to oversteer during entry, mid and exit out of the corner and cannot go straight on power. So, struggle to control. To overcome this problem, we need more rear traction, less sensitive steering, smooth power delivery not like 4wd. Since its 2wd, observe Schu or Valentino Rossi racing line and follow the style. Smooth racing line to reduce centrifugal force on the car. Don’t attack corner like 4wd touring. Racing line similar to touring if we put front oneway for 4wd during entry only. Use steering to slow down the car during corner entry which is similar to 1/8th onroad gas car during corner entry. -100% brake exponential, if need more brake just increase brake EPA. We need more ABS effect on this car. Pull the trigger smoothly at ½ of the corner. More CG at the back needed that’s similar to F1 car by shifting rear arm close to the motor. To get more stable, higher downforce body shield needed.

Up to now, my best setting as follow: no need drag brake, keep adjust right hight and drop (foam tyre), 37shore front 35shore back, -25% st forward and return, 0 rear toe in, more damping effect for rear, body from brewer (Posche GT 200mm).

I’m really happy with this car and want to share my experience with you all.
Old 11-18-2007, 09:17 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by UFShadow
My suggestion, if we want to convert to 2wd touring. Work from 4wd EP touring. Get the balance car from left to right such as T1 Evo 2, TA04R, HPI Spring, HPI PRO 3, CEN SP1 EP or any car similar lay-out.

Advantage:
1. All suspension setting are available. Just use it. (toe-in, chamber, caster,
drop, right height).
2. Very high rear traction.
3. You got similar speed compare to real pan car with the same power
source.
4. Stable enough during high speed or in the thight section.
5. Tyre? No problem just use gas car tyre. Alot of choice available. Previously, I have SPX3 Pro 10 pan car. But having problem with tyre. Very difficult to get the new one.

What to do:
1. Just thinking how lighten the rear drive train.
2. Maintain the rear suspension and make it simple for front suspention.
3. Use high down force body. GT or lola.
4. Use foam tyre for gas car.
5. Try to think how to widen the rear wheel base. (Wider more stable)

Actually, I'm looking second hand 1/12th pan car (4cells) previously for fun race with my friend at low cost as possible. but don't get the right price plus I'm using big tract (can be use for 1/8), so just convert existing T1 Evo2 to 2wd. Peformence superb.

I believe they should produce pan car this way. I love speed that I got from this car.
Nice to see there are RWD fans here.

I have a TA03R converted to MR drive. It handles better than my F103GT. But the biggest weakness is the mass. It is a pig. Would be good if somebody has an FRP or carbon chassis to sell me.

Has anybody made an MR from TA04? Maybe use two belts to and extra wide rear diff to make the drivetrain stronger.

I am also interested in an M04. Maybe fit it with the long arms suspension to get wider track. Has anybody tried this?

Last edited by hermanchauw; 11-18-2007 at 09:40 PM.
Old 11-19-2007, 01:44 AM
Tech Regular

I just saw this column- here's a pic of my 2wd irs tc. I'm still working on it but so far it's fast and handles well. Don
Attached Thumbnails Electric 2wd 1/10 Touring Car-p1010001.jpg   Electric 2wd 1/10 Touring Car-p1010002.jpg   Electric 2wd 1/10 Touring Car-p1010003.jpg   Electric 2wd 1/10 Touring Car-p1010004.jpg  
Old 11-19-2007, 02:19 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DLS II
I just saw this column- here's a pic of my 2wd irs tc. I'm still working on it but so far it's fast and handles well. Don
Where did you get the material to make the chassis out of?... I relise I am not in the states but if I can get some idea what sort of shops carry it I would be really happy!
Old 11-19-2007, 04:24 AM
Tech Regular

That particular material is .093 G-10. I bought it on line from a model rocketry supply house-it was being sold as fin material. You can also get G-10, in various thickness's from Team Cobra and Parma. I think you can also get G-10 or graphite from Penguin. Don

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.