Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Indi Reactor 30 Question.

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2006, 06:00 PM
Tech Addict

Default Indi Reactor 30 Question.

Ive noticed that on my Reactor thirty..that the fan keep going after the lights go out and the the device *clicks* off. To me the lights going off and the *click* suggests the voltage cutoff has been reached. However the fans continue to run?..this device isnt hooked up to a power supply so Im assuming its further draining a pack thats reached its cutoff? Can somone who has used this device tell me exactly whats going on there.
Old 06-21-2006, 06:03 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 87 (99%+)

u are exactly right when the device clocks off it reaches the voltage cut off.

the fan keeps running because it takes very little power to run it and also because the voltage cutoff is not that low.
Old 06-21-2006, 06:57 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Actually the Thirty is wired wrong from the factory. The fan leads are wired to the battery side of the cutoff device not the load side. It will, after time run the battery to 0 volts. The conversion so the fan is on the load side is easy but I will have to dig mine up and look inside so I will remember what I did.
Old 06-21-2006, 07:56 PM
Tech Apprentice

the fan wont hurt the batts, it only draws out little power.
Old 06-21-2006, 10:07 PM
Tech Addict

Ive disconnected the fan and wired it to my 12volt distributor box. Temporary solution.
Old 06-22-2006, 05:41 AM
Tech Apprentice

do not change the wiring of the fan. because it helps on cooling the reactor after a 30amp linear discharge.

Old 06-22-2006, 06:31 AM
Tech Addict

I wired the fan to my PS. Itl run when ever I flip the switch on my distribution block. It just wont run off the battery. I tested a pack that I left on after the lights went out (Fan running in stock config) and it was below its cut-off. IB3800 cells do NOT like to be dropped below a reasonable cutoff. They espcially dont respond well to being dumped completly.
Old 06-22-2006, 02:36 PM
Tech Apprentice

Whome, whats the voltage reading after the cutoff?
Old 06-22-2006, 04:47 PM
Tech Addict

Its not reading anything..thats how I know the fans are draining the cells. Because the reactor drains the batteries as a pack and not individually like a discharge tray..when I pull the packs off the reactor (as soon as the lights go off) and put them on my smart tray it continues the discharge much like youd expect. When I leave the pack on the Reactor even after the lights go out I notice the Tray just blinks once and shuts off. Oh and thanks for the roll eyes...shhheeesh.
Old 09-17-2006, 10:35 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Anyone know if there is a way to modify the discharge cut-off? Would like to be able to use this with 4-cell packs too.

Old 09-17-2006, 09:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by stumper1
Anyone know if there is a way to modify the discharge cut-off? Would like to be able to use this with 4-cell packs too.

There is an adjustable pot inside that is for the cutoff. I never messed with it but my battery guy has but I never asked him how he made out with it. I know he drilled a hole in the front of it for easier access. I will try to remember to ask him when I get back from LV.
Old 10-02-2006, 07:22 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by stumper1

It is possible to modify the cut off but it won't go low enough to take a 4-cell pack down to 3.6 volts
Old 10-02-2006, 08:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mudpuppy
It is possible to modify the cut off but it won't go low enough to take a 4-cell pack down to 3.6 volts
Thanks for the reply Mud, as it was I forgot to ask you about this!!