Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

2006 Worlds - Italy

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2006, 06:32 AM
Tech Regular

Don't forget about Paul Lemieux, Hupo Hönigl, & Todd Hodge in 12th. They will all be fast.
Old 06-22-2006, 08:30 AM
Tech Master

Here is the link for the Official Site of the Worlds!
http://www.afmodels.com/drivers.htm
Old 06-22-2006, 09:44 AM
MSB
Tech Adept

Toniv,

Your name is not on the drivers list. Is there any particulary reason you don´t go to this one?
Old 06-22-2006, 10:19 AM
Tech Adept

Andy we know wy you started this topic because your getting exctied you mite go...and why not !! hell i would be

I hope Olly J, Andy Moore and Grangier does well. But deep down i think its Hara or Rehinhard, love to see if they still got "Beef"
Old 06-22-2006, 11:48 AM
Tech Regular

Barry's hand will heal in a strange way that will give him super human driving abilities.
Old 06-22-2006, 11:50 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MSB
Toniv,

Your name is not on the drivers list. Is there any particulary reason you don´t go to this one?
It is simply a matter of cost. I can afford to go to one big event this year and I decided to go to the IIC in Las Vegas instead. I had a lot of fun there last year . Add to that the, in my opinion, low grip tires used at the Worlds this year and my choice was pretty easy. I'll miss the competition though. A worlds is allways special and Italy is a great country to go have it in.
Old 06-22-2006, 11:56 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SoCalMitch
Barry's hand will heal in a strange way that will give him super human driving abilities.
Wow...Barry and Seaball should form a club.
Old 06-22-2006, 12:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

If the track is carpet....do not count out Chris Tosolini in 12th....carpet seems to be his fortay.

Jeff
Old 06-22-2006, 12:38 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by V12
Are you with Tamiya now? Maybe I did miss something but wasn´t at the forum very much lately.
I´m pretty sure Marc is the man to beat at the moment and he is even stronger than at the last worlds. So my bet for WC TC is Marc and yes regarding the Tamiyas and replicas you could be right also.

Billy Easton or Paul Lemieux will be the only American in the A-Main.
Hara and Masami will be also strong and my pick for Top 4 and watch out for Ronald Völker. Since the Worlds warmup race he is in top positions at all races and I say there will be 2 Germans in the A-Main.

Yes it´s true Masami isn´t running 1/12 at the worlds. He is concentrating on TC this time as this is the only WC title he didn´t catch until now. From what I heard from the last test sessions in Italy Masami was running so much packs at the track like no one other. Also he seems extremly fast running brushless power.
No! Not with Tamiya. Just my simple opinion. Good luck to all!
Old 06-22-2006, 12:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Is 1/12 and sedan being held in two separate venues?

Its hard to go against Blackstock in Cyrul for 1/12 carpet at least for the U.S.A

For sedan i'm just hoping we get good covarage and picks of the new products that will hopefully make it to the market.

Last but not least Why does the U.S.A stuggle in on road considering how dominant they seem to be in off road?
Old 06-22-2006, 12:52 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Francis M.
Is 1/12 and sedan being held in two separate venues?

Its hard to go against Blackstock in Cyrul for 1/12 carpet at least for the U.S.A

For sedan i'm just hoping we get good covarage and picks of the new products that will hopefully make it to the market.

Last but not least Why does the U.S.A stuggle in on road considering how dominant they seem to be in off road?

The US doesn't struggle. When you compare on country versus the world it looks that way, but there are abotu 5 dominant drivers in the world. If you compare Germany to the world or the UK, you get 2 good drivers from each country.

We really don't have as many good on-road tracks as some other countries, but we have really good drivers. Toso, Lemieux, Howart, MF, and a bunch of others can do really well anywhere. Rhienard and Hara are really on a roll right now and will be hard to beat.
Old 06-22-2006, 01:44 PM
Tech Regular

As much as I'd like it to be a close thing, I think its going to be Marc from Hara, then the race will be for 3rd between Teemu, Moore, Jilles, Easton and possibly a few others.

In 12th if David races a proper car then he's got every chance of winning it. Otherwise Toso, Cyrul, Blackstock, Simo or Sakke, again possibly Moore too.
Old 06-22-2006, 02:49 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jeff Brown
He won it in 1988 in Baarn, Holland.

He finished 2nd in 1992 in Grand Rapids, Michigan. He is the only person to win 2 out of 3 A-mains and LOOSE the World Title. They used total overall time from the 2 A-mains to determine the winner. I do not know why.

Yes, I know too much about racing.

Jeff

Yeah, I lost a New Zealand National Title by 0.4sec in 2004 in Touring Mod because we use the overall time system.

But in saying that I have won titles because of using points that I never would have won by using the time system.
Old 06-22-2006, 03:21 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by fatbear
Yeah, I lost a New Zealand National Title by 0.4sec in 2004 in Touring Mod because we use the overall time system.
You should hurried up a bit
Old 06-22-2006, 03:39 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

The situation in 1992 was a little different. Massami was the fastest but due to conflicting communications from the organisers he thought the championship was decided on points. Both the points system and the two fastest times system had been communicated at during the event, so even I was not sure watching the finals which method would be used...

In the third final it was clear Massami had a big edge over Tony Neisinger so he decided to put on a bit of a show in the first half of the race. These guys going side by side at speed through a very tight double chicane multiple times. After a couple of minutes of that Massami decided enough was enough, pulled away and won the final. He had won the first as well and was convinced he had won it. However the end result was decided on the times instead. In the second final Massami had made a mistake at the second corner which meant Tony had a clear 8 minute run which as a result was off course fast. Had Massami known he would have pulled away from the start in the third and would probably have had a better time.

Having said all that, Tony Neisinger drove excellent throughout the event and was, in my opinion, a very deserving winner. It was just a shame the confusion put a shadow over the performance of both these drivers. At the time they were truly in a separate class to the rest of the field.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.