Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

2006 Worlds - Italy

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2006, 10:38 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by SCIDA
Remember Greg you are not a racer either. Why are you dragging people through the mud?

Unfortunately people like you that get drunk and can't even wake up the next day to get to the track make others look bad. Sponsors are for promoting the Sport/Hobbie not going to Europe or other places to get trashed. It is not a right it should be looked at as a privilege.

I didn't say anyone was drunk, was just asking. It is just too bad when people can't control themselves at a Hobby race.
WOW!!!! How old is this guy?

Well Steve I am still a racer for a little while longer at least until after the hot rod shootout and mod off road nats that is.

And how am I suppose to move on and leave the mistakes I have made in the past behind when there is a Troll like you always there throwing it my face for whatever reason you feel like you have too.

Isnt the word SCIDA just another slang word for that little piece of skin between your..................

never mind.............I am stuping to your level again.................sorry everyone...........................

Last edited by Hodapp; 07-10-2006 at 11:10 AM.
Old 07-10-2006, 10:42 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

Now that is funny Greg
Old 07-10-2006, 10:53 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SCIDA
Remember Greg you are not a racer either.
Old 07-10-2006, 11:03 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 107 (99%+)

SCIDA,go away !!!!!!!!!!!

Grow up and find something else to do, you do not need to bash drivers on the forums. Obviously you dont race or have a clue anymore, maybe Alzheimers has set in.
Old 07-10-2006, 11:18 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Glad to see a European, Asian, and an American on the podium. Looks like RC Car Racing is well represented globally.
Old 07-10-2006, 11:26 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Apex
Glad to see a European, Asian, and an American on the podium. Looks like RC Car Racing is well represented globally.
I agree 100% with that!
Old 07-10-2006, 11:26 AM
Tech Elite

Congratulations Andy Moore! Couldnt happen to a nicer guy! Enjoy your World Championship!

Also This Scida guy! It gets old reading the forums of these big races and see nothing but people writting crap about the event, people , or prototype parts of anyone at the event with out being there! You seem like an old gosipping woman.

Do you know Scida in spanish translates to " Aides " !
Old 07-10-2006, 11:31 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Oh and congra"T"ulations to Jon Orr for being top American at the Worlds.
Old 07-10-2006, 11:37 AM
Tech Rookie

Ok Steve! I didn't want to say anything but you really need to cut this out. I really love that you love me and Peak so much but your comments are completely over shadowing our complete and utter domination of the World. If you do not stop with this none sense I will never give you another reach around. Dad has spoken!
Old 07-10-2006, 11:54 AM
Tech Regular

ROFL!!!!!!
Old 07-10-2006, 11:54 AM
Tech Adept

Yesterday I returned from Collegno. After sleeping for approximatelly 20 hours, I logged on to rctech to read other peoples thoughts about the event, and share mine.

Taking part in the 2006 1/10 WC was my best rc experience by far! I didn't care so much about racing and qualifying in a good position, as watching the top drivers performing in a "perfect" way, like Andy said right after winning the title. The show is fantastic and everyone who cares about rc should take part in such an event once in his life. Videos can never really tell all that happend and get you in the game.

The best part is that you pit right next to the best drivers and teams in the world, you get to know in person all the people you've been reading about in magazines and on the net, and you watch the best action in the track. Then, you are surprised to see how friendly and helpfull most of them are, even under the pressure of the event. By the way, Burito (Reto) if you're reading this, thanks a lot for your help and for the 5Star beast you gave me!

Taking part in such an event is like taking part in a Formula 1 race, pitting next to Schumacher and Alonso, racing against them, driving cars that are 80% similar to theirs (at least) and getting to know them in person.

In the track, I'm a Hotbodies fun, so I'm happy that 3 Cyclones (more than any other brand) got in the A-main and one of them got the title! Andy performed great throughout the event and he deserved the title. However, Masami was at least as good, but he was very anxious, I guess, as he took some risky decisions in the first 2 runs of the A-main, and he got a very unfair stop-and-go penalty by the BRCA referee. Now, that's strange, to have a BRCA referee in the mains, when one of the top drivers is British... Masami was the fastest driver in the track, but, usually, this is not enough to win a race.

The commentator was... not suitable for commentating the event. The guy had obviously no idea about electric racing and he made some silly comments and jokes. Nobody laughed.

Hara was unlucky throughout the event. He made too many mistakes, I don't know if it was poor driving (hard to believe), interference, bad luck or other problems. However, he gave a great drift show in the B-main and made the crowd go mad. He is a great guy to know, very friendly and fun.

Mark Pavidis was also one of my favorites, he did very well, as he was the top Kyosho driver in the end.

The tires where too expensive (35euros per set) but there was nothing we could do about it.

The prize ceremony in the hotel was the best way to close the event, despite the stupid comments of the commentator and the very poor food and service. It was great because of all the drivers from the different teams and countries who had a lot of fun with each other, made a lot of noise, drunk too much and created a fantastic atmosphere!

Anyway, it was an event worth taking part in. I hope I can do it again, in 8 years, when it's back in Europe!
Old 07-10-2006, 12:01 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by billtc3
Yesterday I returned from Collegno. After sleeping for approximatelly 20 hours, I logged on to rctech to read other peoples thoughts about the event, and share mine.

Taking part in the 2006 1/10 WC was my best rc experience by far! I didn't care so much about racing and qualifying in a good position, as watching the top drivers performing in a "perfect" way, like Andy said right after winning the title. The show is fantastic and everyone who cares about rc should take part in such an event once in his life. Videos can never really tell all that happend and get you in the game.

The best part is that you pit right next to the best drivers and teams in the world, you get to know in person all the people you've been reading about in magazines and on the net, and you watch the best action in the track. Then, you are surprised to see how friendly and helpfull most of them are, even under the pressure of the event. By the way, Burito (Reto) if you're reading this, thanks a lot for your help and for the 5Star beast you gave me!

Taking part in such an event is like taking part in a Formula 1 race, pitting next to Schumacher and Alonso, racing against them, driving cars that are 80% similar to theirs (at least) and getting to know them in person.

In the track, I'm a Hotbodies fun, so I'm happy that 3 Cyclones (more than any other brand) got in the A-main and one of them got the title! Andy performed great throughout the event and he deserved the title. However, Masami was at least as good, but he was very anxious, I guess, as he took some risky decisions in the first 2 runs of the A-main, and he got a very unfair stop-and-go penalty by the BRCA referee. Now, that's strange, to have a BRCA referee in the mains, when one of the top drivers is British... Masami was the fastest driver in the track, but, usually, this is not enough to win a race.

The commentator was... not suitable for commentating the event. The guy had obviously no idea about electric racing and he made some silly comments and jokes. Nobody laughed.

Hara was unlucky throughout the event. He made too many mistakes, I don't know if it was poor driving (hard to believe), interference, bad luck or other problems. However, he gave a great drift show in the B-main and made the crowd go mad. He is a great guy to know, very friendly and fun.

Mark Pavidis was also one of my favorites, he did very well, as he was the top Kyosho driver in the end.

The tires where too expensive (35euros per set) but there was nothing we could do about it.

The prize ceremony in the hotel was the best way to close the event, despite the stupid comments of the commentator and the very poor food and service. It was great because of all the drivers from the different teams and countries who had a lot of fun with each other, made a lot of noise, drunk too much and created a fantastic atmosphere!

Anyway, it was an event worth taking part in. I hope I can do it again, in 8 years, when it's back in Europe!

Thanks for the update on race atmosphere and events.
Old 07-10-2006, 12:05 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Apex
Well Said
Old 07-10-2006, 12:07 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Dick Hogwart
Ok Steve! I didn't want to say anything but you really need to cut this out. I really love that you love me and Peak so much but your comments are completely over shadowing our complete and utter domination of the World. If you do not stop with this none sense I will never give you another reach around. Dad has spoken!
Old 07-10-2006, 12:12 PM
Tech Adept

I can not picture people getting drunk at an R/C race. It seems like a bunch of grown men who travel the globe to race toy cars would act much more mature than that.

Greg, got a scida on your peeta? Whack it off, whack it off.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.