Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
ACADEMY STR4 PRO2 >

ACADEMY STR4 PRO2

ACADEMY STR4 PRO2

Old 07-10-2006, 05:34 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Thanks for those Dailband - I am new to Academy so haven't got a handle on alll those kind of resources yet. Appreciate your help.
Old 07-10-2006, 06:45 AM
Tech Apprentice

always heavy... happy to see you feel good~
Old 07-10-2006, 07:37 AM
Tech Initiate

Unhappy

that pic you posted is the way it looked when i got it..............the trannys are both out of it right now and i think he used lock tight on the upper plate so i have't been able to get it off.

Old 07-10-2006, 11:36 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default Sorry heavy....

Hey Heavy, sorry about not dropping you those setup sheets, I have been really trying to get in contact with everyone to find out whats up with approval and the new resource / data site for Str-4-Pro II and SV academy rides in Au. I am breaking donw today and making a call. I just dont want to be the guy whos a pest to them ya know?? I am normally up on my game as for helping others in many situations and helping a team member or one who has the car is and will remain a high priority.

I'll drop you a couple and pretty much will be my final on setups for the car. its for carpet however....via email if you like?

Team Academy / MRC / Team1rc.com / Tekin
B'
Old 07-10-2006, 11:51 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default HEY art4tigers?????

HEY Art4tigers???? Yeah I know the way it was setup,,, I was really suprised as when i run spools?? i use wax normally as it can always be reveresed as for the bond. I also drpped Tim a email and made sure your taken care of on your items. He truely one of their intellegent Academy staff.

OH! that track in Athens i was speaking of Art4tigers?? The one guy tried to give me direction via chat but? just got to that Hobby town in athens there, ask to see if they know whats up with the indoor track there. Supposively they are meeting every sat and racing touring right after another racing event of such. I am not sure what that event is but?? the guys are telling me that they are just now getting it up and running with about 10 or so showing up for now. Hope that helps???

B'
Old 07-10-2006, 01:52 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by Team Academy
Hey Heavy, sorry about not dropping you those setup sheets, I have been really trying to get in contact with everyone to find out whats up with approval and the new resource / data site for Str-4-Pro II and SV academy rides in Au. I am breaking donw today and making a call. I just dont want to be the guy whos a pest to them ya know?? I am normally up on my game as for helping others in many situations and helping a team member or one who has the car is and will remain a high priority.

I'll drop you a couple and pretty much will be my final on setups for the car. its for carpet however....via email if you like?

B'
No worries. I actually got one from permormancerc as well now via email so I'm cool for the moment. We don't have a carpet in Brisbane so I race on tarmac sometimes (outdoor tarmac and indoor tarmac both on rubbers) and also outdoor concrete on rubbers, so those are the surfaces I'll be setting up for. At the moment I am racing stock which is the largest and most competitive class around Brisbane.

Also going to be running indoor astroturf offroad soon.

emails are always welcome with any info or details. heavy

Got to get around to writing a new page on my website for Academy as well
Old 07-10-2006, 04:46 PM
Tech Regular

Let me know about new setups and i will add them to the website pages im going to upload soon...We are looking for more setup info for indoor carpet(carpet tiles).
Old 07-10-2006, 07:31 PM
Tech Apprentice

Heavy,,,,,,, I race stock myself. I wanted to see how the car performed stock first and wait to see what the new rles for lipos and brushless will be next year. With the new mamba 1/10 screamer that they have out along with tow other larger companies that helps and pushes the politics through roar and ifmar, rules might change. I prefer lipos for the reason of my battery and motor knowledge. When I race my larger 1/10 car it seems so much slower than my flying 1/28-24th small car. I guess I really built up my eye and hand cordination extreamly well by racing lipo small scale. Just didnt realize it until i got this Academy Str 4 Pro II. I will ahve to say the team1rc.com motrs that brina and them sent me?? I am really impressed and have allot of convidence after running against a couple of major brands last weekend. VERY FAST MOTORS!!!

As for carpet tiles where you at????? We have Ozite layed out rolls here. would that or is that the same surface as there?? I ahve seen mini ozite squares as we used them in small scale actually. My friends live in Ipswitch or Queensland? I think it is close or right at where you race or live. I can have them maybe roll in and take some shots to see what the surface is like. I race on Ozite only here, or atleast for now. Next year I'll hit outside. I want to have two cars setup up. 1 for indoor and the other for out. All setup the same like I do now just with different oil and shocks and tires. My radio I use I can do multiple models.

Indoor non dirt would be nice but As for off road dirt? well?? I dont do off road. I guess I am to much of a clean freak to do off road. All my cars even in the past that i raced outdoors were constantly broke down to reclean almost every race. You hit how many races in a month?? wow! thats alot of re-assembling and so on. Like I said, I guess I am to much of a clean freak<lol>..

Chat later,

P.S. Hey I liked the article Heavy on the Au support site. Very well wrote. Great job!
Old 07-10-2006, 08:35 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

I've just ordered one of the new Novak 13.5 brushless stock motors. Not legal for racing yet but will be great for practice and non championship events etc. Once I get the GTB installed I can give teh car the ocassional run in mod with a 6.5 as well.

I'll have a look at team1rc.com at some stage because I think I need a new stock motor supplier mine seems to have disapeared.

I live near Ipswich but there is no carpet track in Brisbane - the carpet tiles track is in Canberra about 700 miles from here so I won't be racing there anytime soon. Other Academy drivers race there.
Old 07-11-2006, 01:10 AM
Tech Regular

Hey Heavy

Im waiting on a shipment of some Team1Rc motors to arrive in a week and ill send you up a stock motor to test out when they arrive.
Planning on combining Academy and Team1RC for all our drivers.
Ceramic bearings will be here soon too...

These are the best pics of the carpet i can find at the moment.
Im going to take more pics at the Titles this weekend.
Attached Thumbnails ACADEMY STR4 PRO2-epic_20jun06_001.jpg   ACADEMY STR4 PRO2-100_3680.jpg  
Old 07-11-2006, 01:15 AM
Tech Regular

I beleive the brushless stock is gonna be a huge hit and make for a competetive class.
Looking at getting one myself soon.
Old 07-11-2006, 01:35 AM
Tech Rookie

looks like you can run some pretty strait lines on that new track setup for canberra i think there will be some crashin at the titles good thing the str is hard to break. tamia drivers better stay out of my way you know what im sayin performance i think someone may cry cant wait for this one.see you there.
Old 07-11-2006, 01:50 AM
Tech Rookie

Cool

ed can you get me a stock motor a 19 turn a 9 triple and a 6 single please thanks . I heard these motors out perform trinitys and orion i hope so.
Old 07-11-2006, 10:09 AM
Tech Initiate

has anyone ever looked at the similarities between the STR and the HPI PRO 4? wonder if any parts are interchangeable?
Old 07-11-2006, 05:50 PM
Tech Apprentice

Small world then heavy, There probably neighbors<LOL>.. Sorry to hear the track is 700 miles away. WOW! I am like 20 minutes then 30 minutes then 3 hours form all the on road tracks here. I am so lucky for now till something changes and everything closes up as it normally does every 8 years or so here in the states. Its mostly due to politics and smac talk.

The track pictured?? is that the tile carpet track?? looks like a fun track to drive!

Team Academy / MRC / Team1rc.com

OH! those motors i got from Brian at team1rc?? I drove the 27t motor the other day at the track,,,,it was smoken bad and outdid most of the stockers there. Now keep in mind no team cars were there but still!! Their motors will not let you down and you have to check out the dyno sheets they send as well! Very Sweet!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.