R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   LRP V7.1 Help!!! (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/11773-lrp-v7-1-help.html)

lee82gx 01-11-2003 06:40 AM

LRP V7.1 Help!!!

My V7.1 that i just got from a friend is sorta wrecked.under full throttle(recognised or as shown by the LED of the ESC) there is barely half power to the motor.i think it's only like half throttle for any other ESC using same battery and motor.same goes for braking.Is it gone/dead?or is there something i dont know to amend it?i have done the setup properly.

ijnek 01-11-2003 07:13 AM

current limiter???...
not veri sure,but might b a gd time 2 get in touch with ur friend again...

lee82gx 01-11-2003 07:20 AM

'Friend' has been getting a lot of 'in touching' by me!
current limiter is at 65A which is the recommendation for touring cars.Also tried all the presets.also tried without a current limiter.
Actually im not too 'duh' so when i have problems with stuff 90% they are broken.Unless there is some special thing that i missed out.but dammit.
This is the second Lrp speedo in my hands which broke..thru no fault of mine.

Cole Trickle 01-11-2003 10:50 AM

65 amps is prety much limiting. Try taking out the "chip" for current limiting and then drive. (Or use the 120 amps in position 4, to avoid dirt in the speedo).

The brake can be adjusted too. Do you have the manual? Otherwise, you can download it here: LRP 7.1 manual

I believe this will solve your problems. I've never had a problem with LRP speedos, including the 7.1.

Good luck.

lee82gx 01-11-2003 05:26 PM

Cole Trickle

i have tried all those to no effect.:cry:
any other suggestions ?i need help:cry: :cry:

lee82gx 01-12-2003 03:39 AM

help......still.......needed......please.......... .........

Cole Trickle 01-12-2003 03:58 AM

Okay, you aint telling much about what you've tried to fix the problem, so here's all the posibilities that came to mind....

Check your wiring.

Which connectors are you using? Tamiya style? If so, get rid of them...

What about the motor? Do it need a comm cut / new brushes?

Gearing? Maybe it's way too high?

TX setting? Throttle EPA might be wrong....

What about the ESC setup, have you gone all the way with the setup procedure?

Drivetrain, if you remove the pinon, are the drivetrain then working smooth?

Are your batteries charged properly and in a good condition?

lee82gx 01-12-2003 04:15 AM

Wiring is good.using wires and alligator clips.have more than triple checked each time i test.
Motor is ok.tried different motors:couldnt reach full throttle of all of them.
Im running the motor without pinion.
Throttle EPA is at full.
Gone all the way with setup:The speedo recognises the full throttle.LED is showing full throttle.
Batteries are full charged.Another point being the ESC was replaced by another and everything runs perfect.

Cole Trickle 01-12-2003 04:19 AM

Originally posted by lee82gx
Another point being the ESC was replaced by another and everything runs perfect.
Sad to say, but it's time for checking out how good the LRP warrenty are. Where I live, it's good.

lee82gx 01-12-2003 04:30 AM

talking about warranty , this might be a good time to bring this up.
Where i live there is no such thing as repair:the national distributor ONLY exchanges the any LRP product that is broken.BEFORE the WOW!'s the user has to pay USD20 for it and hope the stuff u want is in stock or in the next shipment.next shipment is 1 month.
And since i bought this used speedo from another country i am charged USD45 for the exchange and i'll have to wait 2 months:flaming: :flaming: :flaming: :mad: :mad: .since the next shipment has NO v7.1 in it.and NO i cant make the ship or plane turn around to germany and pick up a V7.1.
Is it this pathetic in where u live?

Cole Trickle 01-12-2003 05:11 AM

No.

I havent heard of someone, that have tried the new life-time warranty.

But under the old circumstances, it worked this way: Under warrenty, take it to your LHS and get a new one. After the warrenty, you'll just take it to the LHS and get a new one for half the price. Usually, they got them stock around here.

Some companies like KO Propo, their support around here are really, really bad. Best case: you only have to wait one month for stuff, that's not stock. And HPI-europe support seems to have gone bad too. A half a year, just to get a rear belt....

Dont you know some electrician guy? Usually it's just the FET's that are gone, and that's a relative simple operation. Sometimes even cheap. I know a guy, who have replaced the FET's in an LRP Sport. Now he's ESC got better specs than a 7.1......

lee82gx 01-12-2003 05:57 AM

well in any case i just threw the ESC to my LHS and now im $45 poorer.dammit.
after this exchange the ESC will be under full warranty($20 per pop) maybe then i'll try testing the ESC and stuff.The thing is im not that experienced with electronics altho i can change and test a component or 2.And the V7.1 is microchip controlled with very packed circuitry.
THIS has made me lose all confidence in buying electronics without actually testing them 1st.Everybody pls be careful....let my loss be ur gain.;)

imataquito 01-12-2003 11:23 PM

get a good esc.... dump the lrp ...
think keyence ... :D
:blush:

lee82gx 01-12-2003 11:27 PM

hi imataquito
i also want keyence but haih......what if it also burns?cannot exchange or claim warranty leh....... i think im stuck with LRP for the time being until someone in malaysia is officially distributing something else...
:cry: :cry: :cry:
And to think the IPC's are the most bulletproof from LRP.