Community
Wiki Posts
Search

High quality, low drag bearings

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2003, 05:32 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

In any event, I'll let you guys know how my ceramic experiment works out.
what is your experiment result?? Is it a lot different??
Old 02-13-2003, 07:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Hey izzy, the reason why I bought Acer bearings for Evo3 is because the one's in the car now are messed up. One of the metal shields popped off the center shaft bearing and some of my axle bearings seized up.

Dexter, as for the ceramic experiment, I haven't received the bearings yet but I'll post info here as soon as I receive them. Eric from Acer Racing informed me that the ceramic and polymide bearings do not come packed with grease but have been lubed with oil instead. That means no blowing out grease before installing them
Old 02-13-2003, 08:05 PM
Tech Adept

Nachi make excellent bearings ..

has any one else found that small r/cbearings cost shitloads compared to big car and fridge motor bearings
Old 02-13-2003, 10:24 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Dexter, as for the ceramic experiment, I haven't received the bearings yet but I'll post info here as soon as I receive them. Eric from Acer Racing informed me that the ceramic and polymide bearings do not come packed with grease but have been lubed with oil instead. That means no blowing out grease before installing them
RtypeC, I did order the ceramic bearing kits for my car... but haven't receive them yet... that's why I asked... I tried to call Eric but the answering machine is very annoying... I am waiting for the bearing and eager to try them.... let's share some info ....
Old 02-13-2003, 11:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally posted by rtypec
Hey izzy, the reason why I bought Acer bearings for Evo3 is because the one's in the car now are messed up. One of the metal shields popped off the center shaft bearing and some of my axle bearings seized up.
That's exactly what happened to mine...popped out from the center shaft and the rest went to Acer. I just contacted him and he will be replacing my teflons with better ones.
Old 02-14-2003, 06:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I just got finished installing all of the polymide/ceramic bearings in my Evo3 and I must say that the car is smooth and silent. I can't say it was as free as it was originally because prior to installing the new bearings I can blow on the spur and the drivetrain would spin up. Now there is a microscopic amount of resistance. I didn't blow out the acer bearings prior to installation so that can be the culprit. Other than that, I am really satisfied with how the experience turned out. Quick shipping and uber high quality product! Plus the acer racing babe...yowza!

On track performance will have to wait till next Tuesday. Even after racing, I can't say if it makes my car a winner because I've already been winning with this car hehe
Old 02-14-2003, 06:45 PM
Tech Adept

Cool snowbirds....imbak

The snowbirds was an awesome expirience and anyone that races onroad or oval shud have been there for the show even if u didnt race.my acers were super smooooooth and tires and an aggravating speedo kept me out of the mains as well as not enuff practice(never enuff of that).but i blame no one but myself for that one...
Old 02-15-2003, 12:17 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I picked up a set of the Trinity ceramic bearings. After cleaning them out, with no seals they spun very very smooth and for a long time, squeezing the bearing didn't seem to effect it much which means they should be great under high load. However, with one teflon seal installed, the bearing doesn't spin nearly as nicely, not bad but not as good. My question is, is there any place where I could buy just metal shields??? I want to be able to run a shield/seal on each bearing, but the teflon seals added too much drag, and I'd rather just clean the bearings out often than run the teflons.
Old 02-15-2003, 05:38 AM
Tech Adept

Default hey moderator...

Hey Dudes,
Instead of working so hard at finding teflon sheildless bearings just run them for 4 or 5 races and they will free themselves up.
BIG D'S HINT OF THE DAY...IN OFFROAD AND TOURING CARS(ASSOCIATED)FOR I RUN THEM ONLY....TAKE OFF THE SEALS IN THE TRANSMISSION CASE AND LEAVE ONLY THE SEAL TOWARDS THE OUTER PORTION OF THE OUTDRIVES.
Old 12-20-2003, 01:16 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Just wondering if anyone has had any experience with the new (boca) secret weapon bearings.........
Old 12-20-2003, 06:07 AM
N4S
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Niftech ...................... nothing more needs to be said.
Old 12-20-2003, 07:16 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Niftech are ok, but Bruce at rc4less.com has about the best ceramic bearings I've ever owned. When I got them I put all the bearings in a small pactra paint bottle and filled it with spray carburetor cleaner. I let them sit for a day or so then blew them out with an air compressor. They are so free I could balance my tires o9n the car with them!!! EAMotorsports has been running a set since the Snowbirds in his oval car and it's had impacts at 60+ MPH and they are still smooth as silk. Plus they are about the most affordable out there. Not to mention Bruce is a racer and he goes to great lengths to look out for his customers.