Moderate basher/racer suggestions?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Moderate basher/racer suggestions?

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2006, 07:25 PM
Tech Adept

Default Moderate basher/racer suggestions?

Hey all, I just got my TripleX-NT and been bashing it for a while and I wanted to go to a track but my nearest hobby shop with a track is about 15 min away Pure Adrenaline Hobby's in Modesto and they only have a on-road track in there parking lot they setup every now and then going this weekend for more info on what and when they race, but I was thinking I'd like to try to get a Car and try my luck there . I'm not really sure whats out there for what I'm looking for maybe I get a TC3 or XXX-S and work my way up I don't know. I'd perfer a RTR the only thing that stops me from getting a Kit is that I don't have much electric experience and I can't solder so the kit option is kinda shot unless it's easy to learn how to solder :P. Any suggestions would help thnx
Old 06-08-2006, 07:52 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 24 (96%+)

why you worry about solder you dont need to sloder the part...its easy to build a kit and much more better in the near future and it also adds on your experience.cuase when you break something you know how to replace it and you can tune your car easily cause you know how and which part its is....

solder is not really a big deal..no experience needed...
Old 06-08-2006, 07:54 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by pinggoy
why you worry about solder you dont need to sloder the part...its easy to build a kit and much more better in the near future and it also adds on your experience.cuase when you break something you know how to replace it and you can tune your car easily cause you know how and which part its is....

solder is not really a big deal..no experience needed...
Don't I have to solder the Motor to the ESC and I want to change the plugs to deans plugs I heard they were alot better
Old 06-08-2006, 08:11 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by MarkieMark231
Don't I have to solder the Motor to the ESC and I want to change the plugs to deans plugs I heard they were alot better

You can also use the Deans plugs to connect your esc to motor. solder the male plugs to the esc and the female to the motor. like that you can change motor just plugging in and out.

Hard wiring is more for the hardcore racer that even the little resistence counts.
Old 06-08-2006, 08:20 PM
Tech Adept

Ok so, so far Soldering is easy and I sould stick with deans plugs. Now what about the cars what should I go with? I did some research should I stay low end with say a TripleX-S or TC3 or should I kinda step it up a little say the Pro4 or T2 something along those lines
Old 06-08-2006, 08:28 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

in deciding what chassis to pick first take into consideration what parts your LHS carries, then check around the track that you are racing at and see what the majority of people are running, this will help you answer questions when they araise. when it comes down to 2 chassis ask lots of questions here and at the track to choose the one that you feel suits your needs. at the end of the day you need to feel comfortable in fixing and setting up your car. everyone in this hobby will gladly answer any question you have
Old 06-08-2006, 10:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 115 (100%+)

The rtr xxx-s is bashable and raceable as well, I miss mine all the time
Old 06-08-2006, 10:34 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I agree with nf_ekt

the xxx-s RTR 2 would be a good racer/basher

the xxx-s is a good durable car
Old 06-08-2006, 11:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 115 (100%+)

xxx-s story: I bought one about 2+ years ago, and so did my friend. I upgraded mine alot, my friend did not (other than different dprings) . Well after a few months my pal gave up on racing whilst I ended up buying a few different cars.... so about a month back I get him to come out and race again with his clapped-out losi, and he finishes 1 spot ahead of me .
It's a spot-on car for alot of reasons, just very easy to learn with.
Old 06-09-2006, 02:59 AM
Tech Addict

i would go the the Tamiya TA-05 its a great car straight out the box but its not RTR
Old 06-09-2006, 06:10 AM
Tech Rookie

where is pure adrenaline hobbys in modesto at?? i would like to check them out.