Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
New Improved Personal Transponder (i-PT) >

New Improved Personal Transponder (i-PT)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Improved Personal Transponder (i-PT)

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2006, 03:45 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

the only problem with clubs having loaner pt's is that it is very expensive, and the theft or loss rate would seem to be higher than that of a standard transponder.
Old 06-08-2006, 03:50 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Terry_S
taimaster2005, Yeti35 is correct we can only make replacements for existing PT's so first you must have your own AMB PT.
So, are you guys going to ever make any pt's that don't require the AMBpt for those of us that don't own a AMBpt?
Old 06-08-2006, 03:50 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

As I mentioned the website for the i-PT is not complete yet but we do have useful information available there, I guess it will be ok to go 'live' with what we have. There is still details of our offer for replacing broken or damaged PT's with i-PT's and also the full spec sheet for the i-PT to add.

We do have the "Hall of Fame" for the drivers who achieve a track record using an i-PT.. who knows we may even have a prize of some sort for the i-PT track record holders from around the world!!

The website is here: www.rclaps.com
Old 06-08-2006, 03:54 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by taimaster2005
So, are you guys going to ever make any pt's that don't require the AMBpt for those of us that don't own a AMBpt?
taimaster200 if we can we will.. one day!!
Old 06-08-2006, 03:57 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Punched
the only problem with clubs having loaner pt's is that it is very expensive, and the theft or loss rate would seem to be higher than that of a standard transponder.
Hopefully with the clubs name embedded in the case it will make it much harder for them to be stolen, or simply "forgotten" to be returned. Are you suggesting that rc car racers would do such a thing as steal a PT????
Old 06-08-2006, 04:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

terry sent you PM .... this sounds really great and hope to hear back from you soon
Old 06-08-2006, 04:06 PM
Tech Addict

So lemme get this straight..if I send you my PT..you guys "clone" it. Now do I get my original PT back along with your clone? OR do you keep my original PT?
Old 06-08-2006, 04:12 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Terry S. I sent you a P.M......................
Old 06-08-2006, 04:15 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Terry_S
Hi Ed, yes gotta have matching gear!!

Your Custom MX Pro is in the next batch currently in production.. Translucent Light Blue!
[thread hijack]
Awesome whats the eta on it out of interest? wouldn't mind it for halifax, but if not, no biggy, plenty more events to show it off at
[/thread hijack]

Regarding the ipt.... this will work fine with all the systems used at the nationals won't it... if (sorry WHEN) i get one, I'll be putting it in the MSX (it's the matching gear thing), so need to make sure it works fine with thoose systems.

Cheers
Ed
Old 06-08-2006, 04:19 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by rocketron
terry sent you PM .... this sounds really great and hope to hear back from you soon
rocketron got your PM thanks, will reply as soon as I get time. It's time for bed and sleep over here in the UK!
Old 06-08-2006, 04:34 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by WhoMe
So lemme get this straight..if I send you my PT..you guys "clone" it. Now do I get my original PT back along with your clone? OR do you keep my original PT?
WhoMe we can do either it's up to you. The cheapest option is to order an i-PT clone of a broken/damaged PT that you have but you don't use, you get a working transponder (better than the original) for $65 from our limited 'special' offer deal (details are NOT yet on the rclaps website) and yes in this case we do keep your broken/damaged AMB PT, it's a 'trade-in'. If you need more i-PT's you can just order them on-line and we can send them straight out to you because we will have your PT ID# on file already. The alternative is to order an i-PT and also have your AMB PT returned, in this case it will cost more and we will send back your AMB PT along with your i-PT(s) having cloned your ID#, after that you can reorder as I've already mentioned.

We will be offering some sort of discount on 'quantity' orders for those that want a few 'spare' i-PT's at one time and will probably be offering some sort of special price for existing i-PT owners as we won't need to spend any time going through the cloning process when they reorder.
Old 06-08-2006, 04:40 PM
Tech Addict

This sounds like a truely great idea.
Old 06-08-2006, 04:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Terry, it all sounds like a good idea to me I just wish you guys were around about a year ago when I started buyin AMB pt's. I would have then only bought one and had it cloned and still been further ahead money wise then the purchase of 5 different AMB pt's. I could have I guess just used one transponder and moved it from car to car, but I was too lazy to do that and just purchased more. At least your service is there now for those who have yet to buy multiples or were thinking about it and can now have one number for multiple cars.
Old 06-08-2006, 04:44 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by TryHard
[thread hijack]
Awesome whats the eta on it out of interest? wouldn't mind it for halifax, but if not, no biggy, plenty more events to show it off at
[/thread hijack]

Regarding the ipt.... this will work fine with all the systems used at the nationals won't it... if (sorry WHEN) i get one, I'll be putting it in the MSX (it's the matching gear thing), so need to make sure it works fine with thoose systems.

Cheers
Ed
Ed we're still finalising everything, they should be available very soon. You may even see one if you look around at some race meetings here in the UK And yes it will work with the AMBrc system (not the older AMB20 system with black transponders - our MRT T1-10 personal transponders are used for the AMB20 system) the i-PT has been in 'beta' testing for some time now, with NO missed laps.. with the i-PT "every lap counts"
Old 06-08-2006, 04:54 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Yeti35
Terry, it all sounds like a good idea to me I just wish you guys were around about a year ago when I started buyin AMB pt's. I would have then only bought one and had it cloned and still been further ahead money wise then the purchase of 5 different AMB pt's. I could have I guess just used one transponder and moved it from car to car, but I was too lazy to do that and just purchased more. At least your service is there now for those who have yet to buy multiples or were thinking about it and can now have one number for multiple cars.
Sorry Yeti35 I did drop a hint that we were working on an alternative PT last year in the thread named "AMB Personal Transponders... Too Expensive?"
http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthread.php?t=95310
but then at that time we weren't even certain if it was possible to clone PT's (the signal is encoded with strong encryption) ... anyway they are now a reality, the i-PT is here!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.