Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
New Improved Personal Transponder (i-PT) >

New Improved Personal Transponder (i-PT)

New Improved Personal Transponder (i-PT)

Old 10-31-2006, 09:39 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Terry,
All the I-PT's worked flawlessly this weekend.....
Lots of people where asking so you should be seeing some more orders soon...
Thanks again for a great product..
-Shookie <><
Old 10-31-2006, 11:56 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Terry, I got my I-PT, I will be trying it out later this week. Thanks again, Joe Cude.
Old 10-31-2006, 01:00 PM
Tech Master

So really what needs to be said to everyone is "DO NOT BUY A SECOND HAND IPT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Because i can see it now... two people turn up with a ipt. who do you let race??? none of them? I suppose once it reaches that stage then they should contact whoever sold them the ipt and say "you signed a peice of paper saying you would never sell this item" And ask for their money back.

As long as it gets out there to everyone that you should never buy a second hand ipt then it would be ok. BUT you just know an ipt for $10 on ebay will tempt somebody to take the risk of it clashing....
Old 10-31-2006, 01:24 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 261 (100%+)

I've been thinking about this quite a bit since I saw this thread a couple weeks back. My initial reaction was to propose our club ban the use of anything other than AMB transponders (which KILLS me because I DO hate supporting "The Man"). Upon further reflection I've decided to propose (as we'll be affected LONG after SoCal, Cleveland, etc) for our club is what I'd do if I were writing the rules for ROAR...it comes down to prioritization.

First Priority: ALWAYS the actual AMB transponder that has the ID #. Not the current owner's fault the cheap so-and-so who had it cloned sold it on.

Second Priority: The racer who's name ISN'T on the iPT (provided there's only one) if they're there AND the person who's name is on it is also entered. Again, not necesarily the second owner's fault the cheap so-and-so didn't abide by the agreement he signed with the cloners

Third Priority: The racer who's name IS on the iPT.

If more than one racer enters a single iPT number that doesn't have their name on/in it, then they get to sort it out between themselves. But they'd best be sharp-ish about it because their heat is up in 2 minutes whether it's sorted or not.

I'd be at least a BIT more comfortable about this if the original PT was rendered inoperable when it was cloned.

Scottrik
Old 10-31-2006, 01:38 PM
Tech Elite

I got mine back, I know that it won't be sold to anyone else. The only way someone else could get my number is if MRT sold the same number to someone else. I don't think they would do this since they are the ones making us sign agreements.
Old 10-31-2006, 02:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Well I don't know if anyone else who these has taken a good look at them, but The name and transponder number are internal, and the I-Pt is sealed in the very simular Epoxy that AMB uses....

To change the name on the I-Pt you would have to destroy the case....
So unless a real shymo had a brain fart the person who had there I-Pt cloned in the first place's Sir Name is imbeded into it...
So there shouldn't ever be a clash as the Person who's name is on it...Is the owner and the other person should be tar'd & feathered...LOL
J/K feathers are hard to remove from tar....LOL

Hope that clearifies it...Cause Really MRT has taken every precaution to avoid the issues you are all thinking might happen...

-Shookie <><
Old 10-31-2006, 02:43 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 261 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mr. Shookie
Hope that clearifies it...Cause Really MRT has taken every precaution to avoid the issues you are all thinking might happen...
...PROVIDED everyone complies with the agreement they sign. My point is that not everybody will. And "might happen" has already happened according to one race-director type person who pm'd me.

What I suggested for prioritizaton rules makes use of the fact(s) you point out that MRT have taken pains to create iPT identities...and using it to protect, first and foremost, the guy who unwittingly bought an AMB transponder that had been cloned, and then the fellow who unwittingly bought a cloned transponder that conflicts with the "legitimate" owner.

You can bury your head in the sand all you want, but I'd rather be prepared for a conflict than have to make something up on the fly when it happens. And what the heck, if I'm wrong and conflict never comes up, what is anyone out from having been prepared. Kinda like putting your seatbelt on before the accident, right? And the person who always comes up "second best" in my scenarios is the guy who either sold-on his cloned AMB or against the agreement with MRT sold one of his iPT's.

Scottrik
Old 10-31-2006, 03:05 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Another option is: MRT could make everyone sign an agreement on the order form that states we cannot sell the iPT's without the original AMD to go with it (working or not). If there is room, you could even print on the iPT's:
"Not for resale unless original AMB is included."
Old 10-31-2006, 03:28 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Old 10-31-2006, 03:29 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

what if I had my AMB cloned, and sold the amb. Then it is not against the policy, but still create potential conflict with the clone

sorry if this was already mentioned, but i didnt have time to read through all the posts :P
Old 11-01-2006, 06:47 AM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by offroader
what if I had my AMB cloned, and sold the amb. Then it is not against the policy, but still create potential conflict with the clone

sorry if this was already mentioned, but i didnt have time to read through all the posts :P

It could create problems but only if you sold it to someone local and ended up in the same heat race at a race one week. Then one would have to change Transponders.

EA
Old 11-01-2006, 06:53 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Terry-PM
Thanks
Old 11-01-2006, 07:30 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by EAMotorsports
It could create problems but only if you sold it to someone local and ended up in the same heat race at a race one week. Then one would have to change Transponders.

EA

The way guys buy and sell (move on, get out of the hobby, pursue other interests), unfortunately the potential is there.
Old 11-02-2006, 06:36 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Hi everyone, in reply to the question from Scottrik all I can do is repeat what I have said before a few times:

Originally Posted by Terry_S
If/when there are two PT ID's the same in a race the AMB should get priority. For there ever to be two the same (ie the AMB and a cloned i-PT) the owner of the original AMB PT would have done something to cause the problem, unless his original had been stolen. All i-PT clones have the owners name embedded inside so it should be obvious if someone else is using it.
We've done everything we can, if there is a problem any time the above suggestions should sort it out.. the original AMB PT should always take priority.

Re PM's, apologies I've been away over the weekend still catching up on mail etc. Will be replying later this evening (UK time). Thanks for your patience
Old 11-02-2006, 02:14 PM
Tech Elite

Terry, I have a question. When the $65 offer is up, how much will it be for another one if you already have our info? Thanks again, Joe Cude.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.