R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   Toolbox / Trackbox / Pitbox? (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/116514-toolbox-trackbox-pitbox.html)

Jon3 06-03-2006 08:23 PM

Toolbox / Trackbox / Pitbox?

What are you guys using from Toolbox/Trackbox these days?

I'm getting back into this after a long time. I used to use a big grey Plano Phantom Pro tacklebox that had a bunch of drawers, with a drawer cover that slid under the drawers.

These days it looks like most of the tackle boxes have been turned into those clear plastic parts sorting bins. That isn't real convenient for grabbing a tool one handed tho.

buzz06 06-04-2006 05:00 AM

I just use 2 toolboxes filled with boxes and clear plastic sorting bins. They both have a lift out tray each too. ;)

Tsquare 06-04-2006 07:51 AM

Originally Posted by Jon3

I'm getting back into this after a long time. I used to use a big grey Plano Phantom Pro tacklebox that had a bunch of drawers, with a drawer cover that slid under the drawers.

These days it looks like most of the tackle boxes have been turned into those clear plastic parts sorting bins. That isn't real convenient for grabbing a tool one handed tho.

I use the Team Magic bags. They are very well designed, have built in storage compartments for tools and other items, and are compact. I have used mine for almost three years. It allows me to store everything I need for a weekend of racing in a very organized fashion. The one draw back is they are expensive, but I have found it to be worth the extra money. Good Luck. :)

v0rtex 06-04-2006 04:18 PM

Originally Posted by Jon3

I dont use a toolbox at all anymore.

I pack all my tools into plastic cases the same as the draws in many fishing tackle boxes that are also often used as RC toolboxes - and pack those along with all my other gear into a large wheely suitcase. Sure beats the hell out of carrying a heavy toolbox then another crate full of support gear (you know the stuff, lathe, chargers, other packs, spares, tire warmers - the list goes on).

The other plus is when I choose to go to race via plane I dont need to buy anything else to do it :)

For me, it doesnt solve the issue of hauling cars though. I guess something like the speedmind bag is the go there, it looks pretty slick :)

pinggoy 06-04-2006 05:11 PM

i just buy tool boxes at walmart for 9$ , buy 2 or 3 and your set to go..no need to buy those 50$ to 120$ bags....
be practical :nod: :nod: :nod:
i rather buy good upgrades on my car...

v0rtex 06-04-2006 05:15 PM

Originally Posted by pinggoy
i just buy tool boxes at walmart for 9$ , buy 2 or 3 and your set to go..no need to buy those 50$ to 120$ bags....

i rather buy good upgrades on my car...

I'd rather roll my bag to the pit than spend money on a chiropractor after having to pick it up and carry it :p remember how heavy all the support gear is :) not light!

pinggoy 06-04-2006 05:18 PM

i know im gonna be shot by that post..... :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile:

HotrodHopkins 06-05-2006 06:37 AM

i use plano tackle boxes, a trinity maxx hauler bag for my 1/10 cars, and a stanley rolling box for my micro.

JakeE 06-05-2006 08:14 AM

This box is pretty popular at my track. Room for bigger tools up top and smaller tools fit in the drawers.