New X10P4 Touring Car From MLP

Old 03-12-2007, 07:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Or your anything outdoors.
Old 03-12-2007, 07:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (93%+)

john you shouldnt have a problem seeing the pictures your type was smaller.... and if you cant see from the pics that is an identical car to martys creation. mid motor same chassis cause he said he used the one from that car..... so all he did was make his own chassis at his house ,,,,, bend up some bulkheads to fit the half a$$ holes he drilled....

rc oldman who has since changed his screen name to fred perkins was all over this car when marty started showing pics and stuff and then right after he finally got his car from marty it was on the for sale forum a week later..... for a guy to be so pumped and wanting to promote this car he hadnt seen in person and then want to sell it right away is kinda strange isnt it ?

His answer to my question for selling it so quickly after recieving it was he wanted to go in a different direction. Go in a different direction a week after waiting months for your car ? I think he was scammed as well and was just being nicer than the current customers..... but i could be wrong... But i have noticed he hasnt ever come on here to defend anything or give his insight so i might be correct about it after all
Old 03-12-2007, 07:56 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by John Stranahan
Or your anything outdoors.
?? are you asking if im good at the outdoors??hmm well i spent 6 months in the jungles in Panama back in 1988 when i was in the Marines
Old 03-12-2007, 07:58 PM
Tech Elite

Well you should follow Fred Perkins example. Funny how when people use there real name they are prone to more polite public speech. I would need to look at the car first myself before I bought it.

Your RC car Marcos. I am not in this for a fist fight. Geez.

John
Old 03-12-2007, 08:00 PM
Tech Elite

trust me i am not hiding behind my name
Old 03-12-2007, 08:00 PM
Super Moderator

Well you should follow Fred Perkins example. Funny how when people use there real name they are prone to more polite public speech. I would need to look at the car first myself before I bought it.

Your RC car Marcos. I am not in this for a fist fight. Geez.

John
lol yes i race outdoors
Old 03-12-2007, 08:03 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Attached Images  
Old 03-12-2007, 08:08 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Ntensweapon
well thanks ! now im craving a quater pounder
Old 03-12-2007, 08:09 PM
Tech Elite

you must have got that from his website huh
Old 03-12-2007, 09:46 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wallstreet
john you shouldnt have a problem seeing the pictures your type was smaller.... and if you cant see from the pics that is an identical car to martys creation. mid motor same chassis cause he said he used the one from that car..... so all he did was make his own chassis at his house ,,,,, bend up some bulkheads to fit the half a$$ holes he drilled....

rc oldman who has since changed his screen name to fred perkins was all over this car when marty started showing pics and stuff and then right after he finally got his car from marty it was on the for sale forum a week later..... for a guy to be so pumped and wanting to promote this car he hadnt seen in person and then want to sell it right away is kinda strange isnt it ?

His answer to my question for selling it so quickly after recieving it was he wanted to go in a different direction. Go in a different direction a week after waiting months for your car ? I think he was scammed as well and was just being nicer than the current customers..... but i could be wrong... But i have noticed he hasnt ever come on here to defend anything or give his insight so i might be correct about it after all
Fred goes thru cars like underwear sometimes. Nothing was wrong with his car. I saw it first hand and it was perfect and was dialed on the track. He didn't sell it because it sucked. It was more like the fact that it took so long to get them to customers he didn't want to be associated with that. Also he wanted to go back to Schumacher which has raced for previously for many years.

Freds a great dude and fun to race with. I have seen him with at least 8 different cars in the last 2 years. Hell maybe I missed a few. Hard for me to keep track.
Old 03-12-2007, 11:20 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 315 (100%+)

You don't get it. It’s none of your business. When you buy something it's best to buy by credit card. If the goods are not delivered in 60 days then you call the credit card company and reverse the charges. If you don't follow this practical approach and get screwed, then you file a complaint with the better business bureau or file a claim in small claims court. You don't sit here on the web and try to destroy somebody’s business and reputation completely because of a bad transaction. Yes there are offenses on both sides. Give it a rest. Yes Marcos you are the worst transgressor. Bet you have never even seen the car or do you know the parties involved. Yes post pics if you have them better than all this hate talk.

I am not entangled financially with this product. I just made the cool 1/10 electric prototype. It is faster than a 1/8 scale spec class car at present. Yes with a hacksaw and a Dremel. Ok maybe I touched a few parts with the milling machine.

Noone's flaming Marty by calling him a f.. or suggesting other nasty things about his personal life, we're commenting on the quality of his work which is what this thread is about.

So why does someone all high and mighty decide to defend him??

YOU HERO!
Old 03-13-2007, 02:09 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Marty and others,
Ill post pics up soon
well the chassis isnt straight, most screws are bent because the chassis hasnt been drilled right.
All of the nice blue tamiya bits have been scrubbed with a wire brush, the holes in the topdeck were done with a blunt screw driver.
The shotty motor mount has really messed up holes in them.
Me and Terry had to dremal the topdeck so it wouldnt bannana the chassis and even still it tweaks it mojorly.
I dont know what he did with the diff but it wobbles like ......
Alot more but im bored
so l8er
Jamie
Old 03-13-2007, 02:39 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

And the saga continues.... you could at least edit your avatar.
Old 03-13-2007, 03:36 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

You don't get it. It’s none of your business. When you buy something it's best to buy by credit card. If the goods are not delivered in 60 days then you call the credit card company and reverse the charges. If you don't follow this practical approach and get screwed, then you file a complaint with the better business bureau or file a claim in small claims court. You don't sit here on the web and try to destroy somebody’s business and reputation completely because of a bad transaction. Yes there are offenses on both sides. Give it a rest. Yes Marcos you are the worst transgressor. Bet you have never even seen the car or do you know the parties involved. Yes post pics if you have them better than all this hate talk.

I am not entangled financially with this product. I just made the cool 1/10 electric prototype. It is faster than a 1/8 scale spec class car at present. Yes with a hacksaw and a Dremel. Ok maybe I touched a few parts with the milling machine.
you dont get it, jamie is just a kid and kids dont have credit cards! he spent all his sved up cash and money to buy this so called great winning car which in reality is worse than a tt-01.
Old 03-13-2007, 05:11 AM
Tech Elite

If the car is not up to standards then the logical thing to do is contact the vendor and ask for a return for your money back. Some kids have parents with credit cards. No one but RC-tech is being defended here. This is not the type of conduct that should be on RC-tech. One flame after another. Jokes about the man. Jokes about the mans health. Jokes about the track he has access to. Seriously. Stick to the Product. Post some pics that tell the story. If you can't see anything in the pics then don't bother.

I agree that it is poor business practice: to send out a less than quality car that will be viewed by others.

Prototype Narrow Pan car with 3-link suspension and Panhard Bar.
Attached Thumbnails New X10P4 Touring Car From MLP-3-link-narrow-pan-car-ladder-bar-002-resized.jpg  

Last edited by John Stranahan; 03-13-2007 at 05:42 AM.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.