Wiki Posts
Search

New X10P4 Touring Car From MLP

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2006, 02:47 PM
Super Moderator

Location: Singapore ̡͌ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡V
Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)

Red, Gold, Green and Silver looks nice....Gun Metal Gray would look pretty cool too...
Old 06-08-2006, 02:57 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by gijoe64
Do Orange or Green !!!!!!! Kyosho is red and sliver is boring

Hi Joe...I think It's only recently that Kyosho used Red on their cars..i've often associate Red as Alex Racing colours..Alex Racing did offer their cars in other colours but i remember Red being their main colour...Red is cool...

Last edited by Funkymojo; 06-08-2006 at 05:30 PM.
Old 06-08-2006, 03:00 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Lets just go with what ever I do ok.
Old 06-08-2006, 03:05 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Marty Peterson
Marty, any way you can incorporate the battery trays that Kyosho uses on the TF-5? it allows for forward and backward placement of the battery pack. if that screws up testing too much....just use the Yokomo BD battery tray. no movement options.

both trays saves everyone the hassle of having to file the CF for the battery slots.
Old 06-08-2006, 03:06 PM
Super Moderator

Yup...it's your call... By the way, will you be making any batt holders for saddle pack configuration?
Old 06-08-2006, 03:08 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Hebiki
Marty, any way you can incorporate the battery trays that Kyosho uses on the TF-5? it allows for forward and backward placement of the battery pack. if that screws up testing too much....just use the Yokomo BD battery tray. no movement options.

both trays saves everyone the hassle of having to file the CF for the battery slots.

Got a pic of it?????
Old 06-08-2006, 03:23 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Funkymojo
Yup...it's your call... By the way, will you be making any batt holders for saddle pack configuration?

Like this ? well if we can find one with 6 cells side by side and one in a 4 cell side by side then yes I will make them to fit the Chassis.

Plastic parts are injection molding and they molds cost 1000.00's so if you find what I need to make this happen the email me I will put it into the Chassis or if anyone would want to offer to make them for me at a fair price! because molds are real high the part may only cost .13 cents each but the molds are high. this is why you would need to make 10000.00 to make them work at a lower cost.

So if any of you have lets say 10,000.00 US Dollars Laying around you can donate it to MLP and we will buy a Injection Molding Machine and keep the price of our cars down!

Or if you have one just run me a few parts and donate the to MLP it is a tax write off

Last edited by Marty Peterson; 08-03-2008 at 12:48 PM.
Old 06-08-2006, 03:26 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Got a pic of it?????

kyosho tray:

for the yokomo one.. here's the image:
Old 06-08-2006, 03:29 PM
Tech Master

yes then I will use the Yokomo parts for one side and the Kyosho for the other or all Yokomo J/K
I will order both and go from there but yes we can use these!
well ok looks good but now we will need to stop work on the Chassis till these come in ordering Now!

Thanks Hebiki they look good!!!!
Old 06-08-2006, 03:36 PM
Tech Master

Man that is great I will add them to the Chassis but did you see the price on the cars 400 to 500 man I think I went kinda lowballed my self LOL
Old 06-08-2006, 03:48 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

(P.S. - Need an engineer? I have design and Pro-E modeling experience. j/k )
Yes I do will you work for free or beer and BBQ or R/C cars
Hey, everyman has his price, right? I could probably be bought for free RC stuff. j/k

Marty, I look forward to meeting you when you make it out to IRP, and would love to discuss the car with you. I've got some questions and ideas (though I would take those with a grain of salt, since all I've done is compare pictures you your car with what I've seen on other cars I've never driven! ).

With regards to the color, like you said its your car, do what you want. Go with your company colors like you mentioned eariler. My entirely unsolicited opinion would be go with red (black second and silver third). Then again, I might be biased...
Attached Thumbnails New X10P4 Touring Car From MLP-jrxs.jpg  
Old 06-08-2006, 03:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (93%+)

Hey marty i have a few questions that i have thought of from looking at the pictures

#1 In the above pictures you show a front motor mounted car, but the motor is on the wrong side of the bulkheads to run a regular motor. Would people buying the car have to run reverse wound motors.

#2 You keep showing pictures of a left turn only configuration, but wouldnt the batteries be on the left side of the car for that to work?

#3 Are the steering bellcranks only mounted to the chassis? Do they mount to any type of top brace?

#4 what kind of ackerman settings are you able to adjust with the steering linkage, because it apears in the photos you have negative ackerman. Which is completely opposite of any car on the market.

Other than those observations the car looks very good. Hope you can fill me in on my questions. And again i am very excited to hopefully se it on the rug at irp very soon.
Old 06-08-2006, 03:57 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Juan Valdez
Hey, everyman has his price, right? I could probably be bought for free RC stuff. j/k

Marty, I look forward to meeting you when you make it out to IRP, and would love to discuss the car with you. I've got some questions and ideas (though I would take those with a grain of salt, since all I've done is compare pictures you your car with what I've seen on other cars I've never driven! ).

With regards to the color, like you said its your car, do what you want. Go with your company colors like you mentioned eariler. My entirely unsolicited opinion would be go with red (black second and silver third). Then again, I might be biased...
I to look forward to going to IRP and seeing everyone and what they think of the Car and all Ideas that you or any of them might have.

I still think what we did with the chassis layout and motor setup is the key!
Old 06-08-2006, 04:25 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by wallstreet
Hey marty i have a few questions that i have thought of from looking at the pictures

#1 In the above pictures you show a front motor mounted car, but the motor is on the wrong side of the bulkheads to run a regular motor. Would people buying the car have to run reverse wound motors.

#2 You keep showing pictures of a left turn only configuration, but wouldnt the batteries be on the left side of the car for that to work?

#3 Are the steering bellcranks only mounted to the chassis? Do they mount to any type of top brace?

#4 what kind of ackerman settings are you able to adjust with the steering linkage, because it apears in the photos you have negative ackerman. Which is completely opposite of any car on the market.

Other than those observations the car looks very good. Hope you can fill me in on my questions. And again i am very excited to hopefully se it on the rug at irp very soon.
#1 yes it is wrong this is why the Final car will have a new motor mount so it will just flip! and stay on the same side. and the servo move to the right

#2 No it is not as LTO (Left turn only) just when I tell people side by side they tell me LTO and this is what people tell me they call it when making solts (same as LTO)

#3 Steering we are working on it yes for each steering setup we make we make a New Upper Chassis plate!

#4 Steering is not set yet we keep changing it from one to a nother and at this time the links are for an PRO4 and we have the Tamiya 415 streeing in the car! ok so when it is done and we have what we will use I will post all the sepces ok
Old 06-08-2006, 04:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (93%+)

Sounds good. But again dont think people are attacking you on the thread we are just asking some i think " good questions". The more people check it out the better the finished product might be

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.