Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
wich 19 turns motor and why >

wich 19 turns motor and why

wich 19 turns motor and why

Old 05-29-2006, 08:17 AM
Tech Regular

Default wich 19 and 12 turns motor and why

hey guys in the weekend i ran a 19 turns v2 motor and i really liked running 19 turns so i am switching to that from 27 turns. but what motor would you recomend what are good and bad things about the different motors´. price and the way they aré builded dosnt matter to me.

but i am also interrested in starting running 12 turns but wich one should i get a orion ore a team ceckpoint from teambrood and shoul di get a 12x1, 12x2 ore 12x3 and i why i am running outdoor

Rasmus

Last edited by Rasmus TbEvo IV; 05-29-2006 at 11:01 AM. Reason: need info on another motor to
Old 05-29-2006, 08:22 AM
Tech Regular

i was thinking about the team brood v2 but i have been told that the high velocity tuned camilion and the team checkpoint should be better maybe a team brood tuned checkpoint

RASMUS
Old 05-29-2006, 08:44 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Rasmus TbEvo IV
i was thinking about the team brood v2 but i have been told that the high velocity tuned camilion and the team checkpoint should be better maybe a team brood tuned checkpoint

RASMUS
I'd probably go for the Checkpoint Money 19T, if mod then Pro Cobalt.
Old 05-29-2006, 09:07 AM
Tech Regular

how about the handwound quad magnet from teambrood
Old 05-29-2006, 10:15 AM
Tech Elite

The new Komodo Dragon 19t motor seems to be at least as good or better than anything out there right now.

I personally have had great results with the Reedy Quad mag 19t.

Either from team Br00d is a great choice.

Let them know what style of racing you are doing, and they will tune to motor specifically to that application.
Old 05-29-2006, 12:50 PM
Tech Apprentice

At the end of the day they are all the same, it is just down to ur brush and spring setup
Old 05-29-2006, 01:00 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by buzz06
At the end of the day they are all the same, it is just down to ur brush and spring setup
don't forget the gearing !
Old 05-29-2006, 01:13 PM
Tech Regular

the trinity 9teen is baddd, in a good way
Old 05-29-2006, 01:21 PM
Tech Adept

It also depends on where you are racing and what applications. If your track follows ROAR rules then you probably wouldnt want to buy the quad magnet or the new Checkpoint...neither are ROAR legal.

If you are just racing in unorganized racing with no rules then I think any of the 19T motors will be fine for you.

We personally feel "if you follow the ROAR guidelines" our new Komodo is the best 19T out there.

Good Luck
Ernie
Old 05-29-2006, 09:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

I've raced 19 turn 4 cell 1/12 scale for the last year. I have also tunned motors for a lot of racers in this area (100+), which has given me a good reading on the motors as I have dyno'd them before and after working on them.

Most can be made to work well based on the brushes, springs that can be changed. Out of the package, the Checkpoint is good, but so far the Komodo Dragon has been better. The only down side to the checkpoint is the lack of brushes and springs.

As to the Reedy Quad Magnet - get the Fantom motor, these have been great. I have also gotten the Atlas based motor to work as well as the Komodo. For a true Modified, I have several Epics that are balistic.

So Roar approved - Komodo, For true modified Epic. IMO
Old 05-30-2006, 04:43 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Drew_Cat
don't forget the gearing !
True!
Old 05-30-2006, 09:11 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rasmus TbEvo IV
hey guys in the weekend i ran a 19 turns v2 motor and i really liked running 19 turns so i am switching to that from 27 turns. but what motor would you recomend what are good and bad things about the different motors´. price and the way they aré builded dosnt matter to me.

but i am also interrested in starting running 12 turns but wich one should i get a orion ore a team ceckpoint from teambrood and shoul di get a 12x1, 12x2 ore 12x3 and i why i am running outdoor

Rasmus
I have been running the Checkpoint 19T motor recently, it is very fast. I purchased it because I like the idea of the lower maintence (with the Infinity brushes I get between 25 to 30 runs without cutting the comm), what I have found out is with the Atlas brushes installed the motor is faster than the Infinity brush (only for 2-3 runs though). So I will practice with the infinity brushes, and race time I will run the atlas brushes. I have had no problem with being pulled down the straight by other cars. I have used the Quad Mag and the C2 and like the Checkpoint much better. I have not tried the Komodo yet, will have to give that one a try also. Good Luck.
Old 05-30-2006, 09:15 AM
Tech Adept

Default Tsquare

I am sure the Checkpoint is a great motor but all 19T are not the same. If one group of manufacturer's are building to the limitations of the ROAR rules and one is not...I think it is very difficult to compare 19T'ers. You are comparing apples to oranges...

I guess what I am saying is the only fair way to compare would be ROAR approved 19T and outlaw 19T

Guess just depends what rules your club runs under.
Old 05-30-2006, 09:26 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

I've got one of all of the 19t motors and the Komodo is by far the fastest out of all of them. At least at my track, your mileage may vary.
Old 05-30-2006, 09:30 AM
Tech Regular

I would'nt trade for my Cobalts. No way no how. Where I run we don't observe the ROAR rule so they are legal. If your track dosen't then they're worth their weight in gold. JM.02

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.