Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
trinity DPD  digital pro discharger! >

trinity DPD digital pro discharger!

trinity DPD digital pro discharger!

Old 08-09-2006, 09:05 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Hey guys, I got one of these and I am running into one problem with it so far....and it is one that is a bit annoying....

I keep getting battery errors since I run a saddle pack config my assumption is that it is not making good contact on the center cells....I have never had this problem with a similiar Integy tray using the same clamping mechanism, any ideas???
Old 08-09-2006, 09:23 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by TigeRyan
Hey guys, I got one of these and I am running into one problem with it so far....and it is one that is a bit annoying....

I keep getting battery errors since I run a saddle pack config my assumption is that it is not making good contact on the center cells....I have never had this problem with a similiar Integy tray using the same clamping mechanism, any ideas???

ryan may i ask, where did you get it from?
Old 08-09-2006, 09:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Used mine on a few packs yesterday. Seems to work well so far. The fans are a little weird as they stop running after the first cell hits the set point voltage... the unit continues the discharge but with out the fans running.
Old 08-09-2006, 10:38 PM
Tech Regular

Grab your dremal and flatten out the spot when the contacts are. Thats your best bet i think.

Should have mine tomorrow to play with.
Old 08-10-2006, 07:50 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

www.teambrood.com has them in stock....

Later EddieO
Old 08-10-2006, 05:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Hey John Ceci ygpm I got ya info on your discharger that may help you Please what ever you dont break out out your dremel just get in contact with me before you do any deremeling LOL...
Old 08-10-2006, 07:17 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by mike ivy
Hey John Ceci ygpm I got ya info on your discharger that may help you Please what ever you dont break out out your dremel just get in contact with me before you do any deremeling LOL...
Let me clarify myself, I was saying to dremal the solder joint on the battery not on the DPD unit. The main problem that I see him having is the wire on the cells that are connected by a wire for saddle packs is not flat enough to allow solid contact.
Old 08-10-2006, 10:28 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

trinity related question, but i thought not start another thread in case it's all rumor/misprint. i was looking at another site, rcinfos, and it showed groskamp using a "trinity brushelss" to finish fourth at the euros. i'm assuming this is a rebaged controller/motor combo. does anyone have any info (links preferrably) about this?

thx in advance.
Old 08-11-2006, 06:43 AM
Tech Adept

Has anyone tried to discharge a full-charged pack?
What numbers you've got?
Old 08-11-2006, 02:49 PM
Tech Adept

Location: Coming Soon " The Further adventures of NeedleDick Nicholas"
Default Trinity Brushless

GEE-Dub,
Jilles was not running a brushless. He was running a Epic Shock Motor. The website has a typo.

Sarquis
Old 08-13-2006, 08:38 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Talking

Just a quick FYI. I had problem with a couple of 6 cell batteries the discharger only read 4 because the initial voltage it read was 5volts so I guess that's why.
So anyway I scratched the contact area of the batteries and sure enough it read 6 cells. The solder wasn't dirty but it seemed very dull finish so once I made better contact all was good!
Very happy so far with the discharger!!
Old 08-13-2006, 10:20 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

I regularly clean the contacts on my packs with motor spray to get good contact with such dischargers. Works every time.
Old 08-13-2006, 05:29 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by onroaddude
Has anyone tried to discharge a full-charged pack?
What numbers you've got?
Year old practice pack disharged in Pulse Discharge Mode:

Seconds:406
Average Voltage:7.21
Resistance:14.6
Capacity:3430

Hope this helps
Old 08-13-2006, 06:18 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Hey guys, I have cleaned my contacts, I even disassembled a pack to try that and have yet to get my DPD to discharge a pack....quite frustrated with the unit so far....It seems like the prongs are making good contact, I mean do all 4 of them need to be touching the cell or just one of the 4??? Would really like to get this thing to work but so far it is a flop...my Integy with the same clamping mechanism always worked perfectly
Old 08-13-2006, 06:24 PM
Tech Regular

Hey guys, I have cleaned my contacts, I even disassembled a pack to try that and have yet to get my DPD to discharge a pack....quite frustrated with the unit so far....It seems like the prongs are making good contact, I mean do all 4 of them need to be touching the cell or just one of the 4??? Would really like to get this thing to work but so far it is a flop...my Integy with the same clamping mechanism always worked perfectly

Can you post a pic of the orientation of your cells in the unit...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.