Search

F1 in Stock Car Country.

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2006, 12:30 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default F1 in Stock Car Country.

New F1 Series heating up in the South.

So here we will try to pull them to post the things that go on here for all of you to check out.

From some of the people that run the fastest Pan cars in this country and maybe in the world and that they run a dirt racing series that makes people think twice about all out F1 racing.

Well in the south they only know one thing and that is to go fast.

So we hope to follow there series as it un-folds here at RCTech.

We also hope to get your support for F1 racing here in the USA.

Last edited by Marty Peterson; 05-25-2006 at 01:26 PM.
Old 05-24-2006, 02:27 PM
X2
Tech Regular

Sounds good, go for it.
What chassis are currently available for it?
Old 05-24-2006, 02:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Thanks Marty! And fast we will go! This is the first time ever for a series like this and a first for F1 in the south. Lots of tracks, lots of racers and more support coming in all the time. This series will start in a couple of weeks and we've already had two warmups for it. The gang can't wait and I will keep everyone posted here for the latest results, info, questions and highlights. If you have a car now is the time to dig it out or go get one! All of this builds up to the final race which will be different than normal and the first of it's kind anywhere in the world. Start you're engines, Formula 1 is Back!
Old 05-24-2006, 02:42 PM
Tech Master

mxrich tell them about the chassis all of you are running.
Old 05-24-2006, 08:01 PM
Tech Elite

I'll do my best. I have an F201, as nice as it is and I like it a lot but it is a toy next to the MLP frame. Much stiffer with very high quality graphite that lets the suspension do the job it was designed to do. You notice small adjustments but the good thing is when it's set it stays consistent all day. Not being a top-notch driver even I can feel a diiference in stability and higher speed in the turns. The aluminum parts add to the strength of the car and the lap times have dropped way down from the stocker. Even the full option 201 cannot run in this league. If you want to have fun and chase down touring cars to ruin their day this is how you do it. Also much more room for electonics and cooling which is a pain on the stock car. Like I said, I'm no expert or engineer but laptimes do not lie. Want to know the best part? This has to be the best looking r/c car ever, every part of it looks like an art piece. OK Marty, you have to do the technical stuff. I'm just a guy that drove the car on raceday and went away VERY impressed. (Note) This is not a paid advertisement but he can buy lunch when he comes down here to race, I'll do the tip.
Old 05-24-2006, 08:05 PM
Tech Elite

Silly me, That is the 201 SCF PRO II frame we use, very nice.
Old 05-24-2006, 08:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

mxrich look at the setup of mine that Marty has posted on the MLP site. It will give you a good baseline for the car. The pushrod length is a huge adjustment on the car when you find the sweetspot write it down and then make sure you hold that setting and adjust ride height with the shock spacers. You will find that the car really is consistent like you said allowing you to adjust small things like rear toe to free the car up in qualifying. Compared to the 201 the MLP chassis is a world away. I also switched to Ride tires exclusive and adjust compound to grip level. We have a indoor track and as consistent as grip is we still have to adjust as the layout grooves in.
Old 05-24-2006, 09:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

any pictures of the kit?
Old 05-24-2006, 10:05 PM
Tech Master

Thanks Guy's but I do not want this to be a MLP Thing as much as I do a Racing in the South post ok I tip my hat to you both and all of you that have had a chance to run our car.

Yes find the sweet spot as they say with the push rods (Roll Center) and only Change ride height with the shocks!

But they also have Hyperdrive cars Corally cars Tamiya Cars RC Indy cars Cross cars you name it they will run it if it is a F1 car Built buy us or Hyperdrive or CRC anyone even if you build one your self I guess.

This event looks to be picking up speed and they are even talking about a year after year event and the first points race is up and coming.

So they welcome any Manufacturer to bring your cars bring your drivers and put it into a feild and see how well they do.

And There will also be a mid year F1 Manufacturer Challenge For every Manufacturer that makes a F1 car to send your cars your drives and see who to grab the Bragging rights for the year!
Old 05-25-2006, 06:29 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 95 (100%+)

Like it...any better pics of the chassis or drivetrain? rear suspension?

Blake
Old 05-25-2006, 07:02 AM
Tech Elite

I guess I'm on the mental illness side . Yes, the series is picking up steam here and looks to get larger as we make the tour. As far as I can tell every current and former builder is represented here except for the Kyosho car. No doubt one will show at some point. One thing that was not mentioned is that this is a team event. Two cars on each team whatever the brand running for the points. You do not have to be on a team to race though since it is all for fun. The neat thing is that with the two classes 4-cell F2 and 6-cell F1 evryone has a better chance at the points since one car can race both classes, just change batteries. What a deal! Lot's of info on battlefieldraceway.com just check the forums.
Old 05-25-2006, 07:02 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Difuser
mxrich look at the setup of mine that Marty has posted on the MLP site. It will give you a good baseline for the car. The pushrod length is a huge adjustment on the car when you find the sweetspot write it down and then make sure you hold that setting and adjust ride height with the shock spacers. You will find that the car really is consistent like you said allowing you to adjust small things like rear toe to free the car up in qualifying. Compared to the 201 the MLP chassis is a world away. I also switched to Ride tires exclusive and adjust compound to grip level. We have a indoor track and as consistent as grip is we still have to adjust as the layout grooves in.
I know marty said thanks already and make it about the south, but difuser and i both ran the chassis at our track and finished one - two in the points and took home the manufactors championship. I will be ordering a 2006 car soon.
thanks again marty for the great chassis.
Old 05-25-2006, 01:24 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by dr_hfuhuhurr
Like it...any better pics of the chassis or drivetrain? rear suspension?

Blake
Not yet but I will post some when I get time ok
Old 05-25-2006, 03:43 PM
Tech Elite

Don't applaude...just throw money!
Old 05-25-2006, 03:55 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by mxrich
Don't applaude...just throw money!
Ok Where is the line for that !!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.