Community
Wiki Posts
Search

F1 in Stock Car Country.

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2006, 06:59 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

MLP takes both class series Wins in Cali!

1st Place, F201 Unlimited Class, HobbyLand Speedway - MLP Motorsports, Jonn
Erbmann
1st Place, F201 19-Turn Stock Class, HobbyLand Speedway - MLP Motorsports,
Jonn Erbmann

A magic machine, Marty! Super soft on the rear end, can't catch me comin'
out of the corners!!! In Unlimited, I ran a brushless setup on 11.1v 4200mah
li-po battery, 2nd place went to a brushless F201, 27 seconds behind me. In
19-Turn, I ran 3700mah GP-VMAX RDS-PLUS 6-cells, and finished 8.36 seconds
ahead of 2nd place. Final settings were +2deg.
toe-in rear, rear ride height 3.9mm, front ride height 4.8mm, various camber
settings, etc. This is an awesome car, we're going to have a great season.
I'll call you tomorrow, thanks again. -Jonn Erbmann
Old 05-30-2006, 09:19 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Way to go John and Marty! I'm sure the drivers here will be looking for similar results at every race. The first one is going to be pretty wild on the short course.
Old 05-30-2006, 09:23 AM
Tech Master

Thanks but is Jonn
Old 05-30-2006, 11:47 AM
Tech Elite

It takes two to tango right? Got to have a builder and a driver and in this case it seems you cannot congradulate one without the other. Batman? could be but I thought that was another city. You guys are killing me, Im ready to start making some laps!
Old 06-02-2006, 10:35 AM
Tech Elite

First race, Sunday June 11th at Chattanooga Motorcycles at 11 pm. I just got word from Cleveland Tn. That an owner of an apartment complex wants us to bring the series to his place soon. He was standing there next to the hobbyshop owner and begging for us to have a race on his lot. I asked if he had a electric outlet there to run the computer and he said. YES! I have 114 of them plus mens and womens restrooms, vending machines and swimming pool. Hmm,we might have to schedule more than one race there this year. Let me think...OK!
Old 06-06-2006, 07:15 AM
Tech Elite

After checking out the deal at the new track and hobby shop in Calhoun Ga they will by all means be on the AllStar tour. Too much to list here so get the info from Georgia tracks in the main menu. Lots of thing going on at that new facility.
Old 06-13-2006, 04:43 PM
Tech Elite

Default First series race.

Everybody make a note. Never EVER! schedule a race during the riverbend festival if your track is near Chattanooga TN. I did this two years ago and ended up with 4 racers instead of 40+. Live and learn
Now for those that did make it WOW and seriously WOW. This series is going to be a killer for the whole year. The MLP and Hyperdrive guys have been going back and forth in the pits leading up to this and they put on an incredible race. The team drivers were pushing so hard to win the first event we just new something would happen, and it did. They pretty much went out of control and handed the win to a stock (but full option ) F201 in the main. Lots more to tell but no room. Everyone went super fast for the win and now the no-shows have been calling to see what they missed. That's cool, gotta have family time at some point
More info later and plenty to tell.

Results.
Formula 1
1.Patrick Lowery Tam 201
2.Randy Holbrook Tam 201
3. Brett Mcgee HPI F1
4.Heath Mahar Hyperdrive
5.Jamie Spurgin MLP
6.Gary Williams Tam 102
7.Richard Hall Traxxas X-F1

Touring B
1. Eric Terrill assc.
2. Dexter Gardenhire assc.
3. Brett Mcgee Schumacher
4. Randy Holbrook Tamiya
5 Richard Hall Schumacher

Touring A
1.Chris Cooper Corally
2. Heath Mahar Corally
3. Jimmy Hawkins Barracuda
4. Byron Smart assc.
5. Kevin Wellsted Tamiya

Man, even the 1/12th guys were on the river. No prob, I told everyone if they miss the next on I will draw a circle and make them stand in the corner.
Old 06-17-2006, 09:39 PM
Tech Fanatic

Wow this is a fun series! I managed to steal away with a 2nd place finish in the first race with my stock F201 due to some bad luck on the part of some of the fast guys with the MLP and Hyperdrive chassis and the help of the race director loaning me some tires for the main. I've got an HPI F1 on the way now and am anxious to see how it performs. Everyone needs to take a look at these F1 cars because they are tremendous fun and relatively inexpensive. I just wish there were more manufacturers that made cars and parts for us. Hopefully this thing will continue to grow and the manufacturers will take notice.
Old 06-18-2006, 01:20 AM
Tech Initiate

Please let me know the dates for the Factory Drivers F1 Challenge, I might have to fly out there and have some fun! Just for anyone who's wondering what Team MLP might bring out to play, just know this......82.4mph......
And there's still time for more development..........
It's great to see people committed to bringing back F1, you guys are awesome, thanks for all the compliments to MLP!
Old 06-18-2006, 07:53 AM
Tech Elite

Cool

No brag just fact! What we say about the cars is just mentioning how they perform, they speak for themselves on the track. The best part is the people like GT40 out there having the time of their life racing with us. Yes, we are doing everything we can to promote this series here. And we hope everyone who reads this will do the same in their area next year. That is our goal to make next year twice as big and put other clubs and tracks on the same page for racing. Are you going to be on the MLP factory team at the Challenge? I think MLP will have an A and B team for this one to enter the different cars for the cup. As of now it is MLP, Hyperdrive,Tamiya,Corally, Nikko, and I'm pretty sure R/CIndycars wants some of this also. That's seven teams and fourteen cars going for the builders cup to see who gets to brag for a year on being #1. Can't wait
Old 06-19-2006, 01:08 AM
Tech Initiate

Not trying to brag, just messing around... (A number is just a number!) I really respect all you guys for your passion and commitment to have fun, that's what this hobby is all about. As far as Team MLP Drivers being at the Challenge, hopefully I'll be able to make it out there, it sounds like a great time. (Nikko might want to stay home... ) As of right now, I have not arranged yet for any Team MLP Drivers to be there. What are the exact dates? Good to see some of you running the MLP cars, if I can be of any assitance, let me know. We are also trying to get a 6-track series started in the Northeast, and down here in Southern California. You guys are awesome!!!
Old 06-19-2006, 01:30 AM
Tech Master

Well forgive me if I am worng here but I thought it was a one race deal all of you race your season and then in mid year you have a one race Manufacturers cup or race for the bragging rights for the year!
and the specs were Unlimited for this one race deal.

Right wrong ?????
Old 06-19-2006, 01:59 PM
Tech Elite

That's the deal! Cooper and I will set a date for the Challenge and it will happen at or towards the end of the F1 tour. And your right about the rules...what rules! The only thing now is how each team paints the bodies. Other than that well, we will see.
Old 06-19-2006, 09:59 PM
Tech Master

Here George have Jamie try this Hpi wheels and tires

Last edited by Marty Peterson; 08-03-2008 at 12:47 PM.
Old 06-20-2006, 02:10 PM
Tech Elite

Smile

Hey! Those are the wheels and tires I put on the 4-TEC. I forgot they would fit real racecars. HE'S NOT WORTHY! But I am.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.