Community
Wiki Posts
Search

problem with charging...

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2006, 06:43 PM
Tech Regular

Default problem with charging...

ok heres my problem, i just bought a tc4 a month ago wirh a epic 3000 battery and a tower power ac/dc 400 quick charger....ok that charger, charged my battery in like 30 minutes and i had like 15min of play....some poeple told me that this charger was dangerous and was really a bad charger...soo i went and bought a intellipeak digital pulse charger...ok my problem is this....dont know if the charger is ok or i dont know how to use it...i charge the battery in slow charge and dont know how much time i have to leave it charging..i left it today like 2 hours charging and went out and it gave me like 3 of 4 mines of play...whats happening? how much time does this charger take to charge my battery? do i have to leave it charging more hours?

sorry about this thread but im a newb in RC lol...thanks for the help..
Old 05-22-2006, 07:12 PM
Tech Regular

no one?
Old 05-22-2006, 07:49 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by aquito
no one?
Sounds to me that you're just trickle charging your pack, which would take MANY hours to complete(like 12-16), you need to use a decent amount of charge current(should be a dial on there to turn it up to say 4 amps or so, that'd quicken things), & then once it's set, there may be a Start button there somewhere. Once you hit that, it should get it done in short order...
Old 05-22-2006, 07:59 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Grizzbob
Sounds to me that you're just trickle charging your pack, which would take MANY hours to complete(like 12-16), you need to use a decent amount of charge current(should be a dial on there to turn it up to say 4 amps or so, that'd quicken things), & then once it's set, there may be a Start button there somewhere. Once you hit that, it should get it done in short order...
this is my charger...i have that knob where do i put it? i have it in the middle its like 3.3 i think...the knob says 0.5 to 6.5

Old 05-22-2006, 08:13 PM
Tech Regular

pint the dial strait at the yellow circle(mode select) that should do the trick

if you still want it to charge fsater just turn the dial up
Old 05-22-2006, 09:33 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by aquito
ok heres my problem, i just bought a tc4 a month ago wirh a epic 3000 battery and a tower power ac/dc 400 quick charger....ok that charger, charged my battery in like 30 minutes and i had like 15min of play....some poeple told me that this charger was dangerous and was really a bad charger...soo i went and bought a intellipeak digital pulse charger...ok my problem is this....dont know if the charger is ok or i dont know how to use it...i charge the battery in slow charge and dont know how much time i have to leave it charging..i left it today like 2 hours charging and went out and it gave me like 3 of 4 mines of play...whats happening? how much time does this charger take to charge my battery? do i have to leave it charging more hours?

sorry about this thread but im a newb in RC lol...thanks for the help..
You are trickle charging. Stay away from using this charge method. I believe what you want to do is to press your start button twice and it will go into peak charging mode. I would charge your packs at 5 amps. Lastly, when you are done with peak charging, the charger will go into trickle charge automatically, you do not want to allow your batteries to trickle charge after peak charging, if you can turn this feature off - do so - if you cannot, then be close by when your packs are finished peak charging, so you can remove your battery pack immediatly. Good Luck
Old 05-22-2006, 10:55 PM
Tech Master

Turn the dial and set you peak charge to 4.5 - 5 amps. It would take about 35-45 mins of charging. Depending on the capacity (3300, 3600, 3800, 4200, etc.) of your batteries That should solve your problem.

Old 05-23-2006, 12:53 PM
Super Moderator

Right, & the way you can see just what your charge current is, you use that 3-position switch, put it on output amps, & then the digital display will tell you exactly how many amps are going into the battery. Then, once you're sure you have the charge current you want, you can put the switch back to the output voltage setting & you can then keep an eye on the pack's voltage(so you'll know when it's close to peak, & keep an eye out for anything unusual that might happen).....