Wiki Posts
Search

Helios vs JR

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2006, 12:01 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sharkonwheels
I know Nomadio has a deler demo program (I think $250 for a dealer to buy a not-for-resale unit). I wonder if the other makers have a similar program?

I REALLY think the dealers who have a track should be doing this
Anyone can buy this radio(Nomadio)through Towerhobbies. The most expensive place to buy rc products.
Old 05-20-2006, 12:37 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

The $250 dealer demo on a Nomadio is only direct through Nomadio, not Tower.
Old 05-20-2006, 01:09 AM
Ike
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I'm currently using a XS3 and have considered the purchase of a Z1. The thing I can't figure out is why I'd want to do it. Will it help me turn better laptimes, are there really that many extra features that make it worth it? It doesn't really seem like it. If anyone can enlighten me I'd appreciate it.
Old 05-20-2006, 05:55 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ike
I'm currently using a XS3 and have considered the purchase of a Z1. The thing I can't figure out is why I'd want to do it. Will it help me turn better laptimes, are there really that many extra features that make it worth it? It doesn't really seem like it. If anyone can enlighten me I'd appreciate it.
If you decide you want to go Spektrum you will be able to. You don't have that option with your current radio. That is why I got rid of my XS3 a while ago and do not regret it.
Old 05-20-2006, 06:05 AM
Tech Regular

Spektrum is why I am doing it too. That and the helios just "feels" better to me. I know its just a mental thing but it just felt like I would be faster using it lol. Confidence counts!

I am going with the Helios Tx only purchase then getting a Spektrum right away also. Still come out same price or cheaper than the Helios with modules, receivers, and servos. Then will use the XS3 as a backup.
Old 08-01-2006, 09:32 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Does the Z-1 have the emergency steering feature? That's my favorite feature on the XS3. Would hate to be without it.