Wiki Posts
Search

novak millenium "not pro"

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2006, 07:34 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default novak millenium "not pro"

my friend owns novak mill.. ver 1.2 something..

and he's having trouble with charging NIMH batts.. coz in nicd it has a higher charging amps selection but in NIMH it has only 1.5amps..

why is that??

it means that if he charges it in NIMH mode it only charges at 1.5amps??

can i charge it into NICD mode??

need reply asap.. we'll be having a race soon...
Old 05-18-2006, 07:58 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 136 (100%+)

nimh mode on that charger is just for transmitter packs thats why it will only go up to 1.5 amps. You can charge any other pack with the charger, you just need adjust the delta peak value.
Old 05-18-2006, 08:00 AM
Tech Regular

nimah mode is for receiver packs. i think the nicad linear was the mode for charging nimah. the other nicad mode is for the older nicad batteries only. you must use the linear version for nimah. peak at .03 first and go up from there. if the battery gets too hot then peak lower. if you get alot of false peaks then save the charger for the smaller batteries and get a new charger.
Old 05-18-2006, 06:55 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by baih
nimah mode is for receiver packs. i think the nicad linear was the mode for charging nimah. the other nicad mode is for the older nicad batteries only. you must use the linear version for nimah. peak at .03 first and go up from there. if the battery gets too hot then peak lower. if you get alot of false peaks then save the charger for the smaller batteries and get a new charger.
Correct, & to elaborate a bit in a way that you'll see on the Millenium's display screen, you'll want to charge NiMh race packs at 5-6 amps using the NiCd Linear charge mode, turn OFF any trickle charge, & set the voltage threshold to about 5mV to start & keep an eye on the packs the first few times you charge them(so you'll know if that gets 'em too hot, or if they're false peaking, but keep in mind with the original Millenium, you can only go down to 4mV per cell on the threshold, but that's most likely as low as you'll need to go, & if they don't get hot or false peak alot, then go up a bit on it & continue to monitor them till you find the setting that your packs like).....
Old 05-18-2006, 10:12 PM
tc4
Tech Addict

With the NIMH charging mode for charging AA's can you charge NI-CD AA's with that mode?

Thanks
Old 05-19-2006, 11:42 AM
Tech Fanatic

Does Novak have a new charger coming out anytime soon?
Old 05-19-2006, 12:24 PM
Tech Regular

just a rumor
Old 05-19-2006, 01:01 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by tc4
With the NIMH charging mode for charging AA's can you charge NI-CD AA's with that mode?

Thanks
Yes, but you can also do it with the NiCd Linear mode(I've tried both ways, can't tell much difference if any). For AA's to 2/3 A cells, I don't charge any higher than 2 amps(& AA's I generally do at 1 amp), so either mode will work.....
Old 05-19-2006, 02:44 PM
Tech Master

THANKS alot guys..
my friends charger version is 1.2 and according to noval mill manual if your charger ver is 1.2 or higher you cant go down beyond 4mv peak detect. vice versa.. higher will be the settings.. so i guess ill start from 4mv.. thanx alot guys..