Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
XRAY T1 Evo 2: Building Advice, or setup advice >

XRAY T1 Evo 2: Building Advice, or setup advice

XRAY T1 Evo 2: Building Advice, or setup advice

Old 01-01-2003, 12:10 AM
Tech Regular

Default XRAY T1 Evo 2: Building Advice, or setup advice

hey just purchased an xray t1 evo2, and i was wondering if anyone has advice on building my new weapon, or if there are bad setup issues...how have they been fixed? i normally run on rubber tyres (sorex or HPI). How is the car on foams? might be entering an event where foams will b the go.

Also, i have a trinity p2k stock, how would you gear the car? in 48p

thanks
Old 01-01-2003, 12:48 AM
Tech Adept

Hey

where u from in sydney?

the car handles very well with foams

on a big track with p2k 31-34/90 and 29/87 on a small track
Old 01-01-2003, 01:07 AM
Tech Regular

hey i talk to you on MSN.. [email protected]

this is what i got instead of ur ta04

Rob Storey
Topkart Comer Australia
www.topkartcomer.com.au
Old 01-01-2003, 02:33 AM
Tech Adept

oh hey man wassup??

so u going with xray are ya??
Old 01-01-2003, 04:01 AM
Tech Regular

yeah have gone xraY, but also have ft tc3..... japanese friend is sendin me one as a thankyou for lookin after him.. swoit

Rob Storey
Topkart Comer Australia
Old 01-01-2003, 08:39 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

make sure when your threading on the shock bottoms you first thread it with an m3 screw, they will go on much easier this way.

also the only problem i found was that you need to shave down the wheelbase clips slightly to fit. only do a little at a time and recheck.

also use a little bit of lock tite on the hinge pin mount screws.
Old 01-01-2003, 10:18 AM
Tech Elite

Default Re: XRAY T1 Evo 2: Building Advice, or setup advice

Originally posted by Carbon_Fibre3
hey just purchased an xray t1 evo2, and i was wondering if anyone has advice on building my new weapon, or if there are bad setup issues...how have they been fixed? i normally run on rubber tyres (sorex or HPI). How is the car on foams? might be entering an event where foams will b the go.

Also, i have a trinity p2k stock, how would you gear the car? in 48p

thanks
There are several setups on the website, for both carpet and asphalt. Good luck.
Old 01-02-2003, 04:10 AM
Tech Adept

Hey Carbon..

Where do you race in Sydney? I should be able to help you no probs. I drive for X-ray, Sorex, Kawahara and LRP so theres no one better to ask. I can give you a hand trackside sometime. Best baseline set-up. Build the car as per manual. Get yourself the new spring set. The rear 2mm bar and the roll centre bridge. Also the One-way diff. These are a huge tuning aids. J
The cars fine box stock but these definitely help. Harry Hawke runs the car nearly box stock and hes flying! Do you run Mod or Stock? Which track is important. I have docu'd setups for most tracks. If you need a quick set-up for foam, I run. Losi 25wt oil front and rear. 2 open in the front 4 open rear. The stock white springs are fine. The new blues or new purples are my choice. Play around with 8 and 10degs castor. 40f and 40rs are fine. Zac project make super foamies, the next best are Ufra. Dont bother with the other brands.
You might know me, if you see me at the track just ask me, I should be around.

Wombat
Old 01-02-2003, 06:04 AM
Tech Regular

hey, thanks for the offer, i'll be sure to take you up on it. I race at castle hill at the moment. However want to run summer nats, and after i get my lisence... will race anywhere that time permits (also race go karts very competitvely so time can become limited) . I will be racing this car in stock with a p2k motor, (have mvp, and core also). Thanks for the tips on hop ups. i will oreder them as soon as i get enough $$ (in a month at the most).

do you find the control on shock oil weights varies between manufactureers? ie. associated 25w compared to losi 25w?

thanks

Rob Storey
Topkart Comer Australia
Old 01-03-2003, 01:44 AM
Tech Adept

Howdy,
I dont make it to Castle Hill too often anymore, Actually I dont get to club meets too often at all lately. If you are running at the Hill, you dont need to run silly compound tyres like all the other goofs are running ie: 20 22rs etc. Just run Sorex 28 with either B firm insert or if its cold the new C type inserts. In summer months stay with the 28s and run an A med insert. Dont be a girl and not use a oneway. They all seem to have a fear of oneways there. Something about not knowing how to setup and brake straight. Just learn how to use it properly. I might make it up there some time when racing starts again. You'll normally find me at the big meets.

And yeah, shock oil changes from manufacturer to next. Losi is the best I feel. Good luck with it all. I'll see you round on the forum. We all normally cruz the Aussie forums.

CYA
Wombat