Wiki Posts
Search

Corally SP12X

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2006, 01:16 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by vdh design
How easy is it to tape the cells in?
It seems as though there is'nt much room between the chassis and motor pod.

Looks great!

Taping the cells in is not the easiest thing in the world as the cells are very very close to the radio tray.

My suggestion is to put tape on the back cell first (centrally)and pull the cell into place carefully using the tape, then wrap the tape around under the radio tray and flat across the chassis.

hope that helps...
(just editted cos I realised you have got your car)!!
Old 09-19-2006, 02:35 AM
Tech Rookie

Cheers!
They initial pics didn't show much room, but there is enough for aleast two strips of tape.
This will certainly be a new challenge after relying on the 12m battery holder for so long.
Old 09-19-2006, 08:11 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default 12X on Asphalt

Dear Jeff Brown/Corally techs: Which 12X kit will work best for me on asphalt? It seems the US SPec was made for carpet racing and you have left us asphalt racers hanging...please tell me the 12X kits will also do great on asphalt as well, and which one do you recommend- need to order one today!
Old 09-19-2006, 08:07 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

either car you choose will make a great car on both surfaces. It just depends on which tires you want to run, the standard wheels, or the corally. Ill be running my 12x on both pavement and carpet.
Old 09-23-2006, 10:33 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

I bet you guys are driving poor ole Beardmore crazy.

Originally Posted by vdh design
...Oh, yeah, I have mine too.
Old 09-27-2006, 08:43 PM
Z
Tech Master

Originally Posted by jpeck
I bet you guys are driving poor ole Beardmore crazy.
Do you have yours yet?

Z
Old 09-28-2006, 04:08 AM
TWISTED

Got mine and would put a horn on a Jelly fish

Old 09-28-2006, 06:36 PM
Tech Addict

Hi all,

I just got my US Spec edition and was wondering if anyone else has had problems with the wheel hubs and fitting jaco or parma rear wheels? Specifically the rear left hub.

Tony
Old 09-29-2006, 07:52 AM
Tech Master

What is the problem?? I have been running GRP/TRC yellow wheels on mine with no real problems at all.
Old 09-29-2006, 02:31 PM
Tech Rookie

We have experienced the same problem here in Sweden.

We have tried both Jaco and BSR-tires and they won’t fit. I have heard that Calandras tires should be ok but haven’t seen it myself yet.

The head of the three screws that are used to mount the tire are to close to the center of the hub and that won’t work.

Anyone who doesn’t have this problem or have a solution to it?

I hope there is a good solution to this one; otherwise I will regret that I sold my Corally tires.
Old 09-29-2006, 02:42 PM
Tech Master

I'm not 100% sure what you mean? Do you mean that the head of the screw is too big and touches the wheel??

I don't have any Jaco wheels, so can't check for myself. I have a friend that i know has some, i may be able to try tomorrow. However, like i say i have been running TRC/GRP wheels with no problems. I know people that have been running Parma's with no problem, and i believe David ran Parma at the worlds. I think some of the other Corally guys at the worlds ran CRC, so i guess they are ok.
Old 09-29-2006, 10:16 PM
Tech Addict

The problem I'm finding is the holes on the wheels dont line up with the screw holes on the hub, if I take the hub off the axle it's easier to fit the wheels, but then when I put the hub back on the axel and tighten it if deforms the wheel.

The diff side one wasnt as bad but I still had to widen the holes on the wheels a little bit so I could screw them into the hub.

Tony
Old 09-29-2006, 11:15 PM
Tech Rookie

Since I was driving the SP12M before and used the Corally type wheels I have almost no experience in using the USA-style wheels.

On other cars, for example Yokomo, Associated and so on, will the GRP, Jaco, CRC, Parma tires all fit?

Maybe there is a small difference between the CRC and the Jaco tires?
Old 09-29-2006, 11:37 PM
Tech Addict

The Parma wheels I tried were taken straight off my rc12l4 which they fitted perfectly without any modifications to the wheels.

I havent tried the jaco's on the rc12l4 yet.

Tony
Old 09-30-2006, 02:18 AM
Tech Master

Well i have only taken wheels from the packet and fitted them to the car. I think there are a couple of things to look for that might be causing the problems.

The Screws are 3mm diameter, where as Associated etc use 4.40 which i have just measured at 2.75mm. This means that it is more critical that the holes in the wheels are perfect - which i suspect they may not be. I did wonder if i would need to open the holes up in the wheels. So far i haven't had to with mine.

Also, have a look at the screws. I think the ends might be a little burred. Mine looked like they had been "shortened" from their origional diameter, and teh end wasn't a perfect finish. This doesn't help, and i haven't taken the burrs off of mine yet, but it is something that i must do.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.