Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Corally SP12X

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2008, 09:27 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Sorry for the OT, but where are you guys buying the Hot Bodies shocks? I've been looking for the parts for one for a while and the only online retailer (Stormer) has been out of stock on the Body and the shaft. If you could tell me where to get ahold of those parts i'd appriciate it.

-James
Old 01-23-2008, 06:09 AM
Tech Adept

but where are you guys buying the Hot Bodies shocks?
That would be nice to know. Also, any source for rear axle spacers around 1-2mm thick? The CRC spacers are not perfectly flat when you stack 12 of them together.
Old 01-23-2008, 08:42 AM
Tech Adept

Hey Larry!

How was the trip home from Cleveland?

What is this hype about the HB shock? Is there a distinct advantage over a duroshock? Seems like guys a switching to it in all makes of cars lately...

It is cold as %$&$ in D-town right now... below 0 windchill and snow... I'm sure you don't miss that...

Jeremy
Old 01-23-2008, 08:59 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hey Everyone.... Glad to see the great support for the Corally sp12x on here..

I will be building mine and running it for the first time at the snowbirds.. Look forward to running this car.. When i get back from the snowbirds i will check in here from time to time and try and help out with questions etc...

Mike Blackstock
Old 01-23-2008, 09:25 AM
Tech Addict

mike- what have you been running before the corally, a speedmerchant? i cant remember.
Old 01-23-2008, 10:25 AM
Tech Adept

Hey Larry!

How was the trip home from Cleveland?

What is this hype about the HB shock? Is there a distinct advantage over a duroshock? Seems like guys a switching to it in all makes of cars lately...

It is cold as %$&$ in D-town right now... below 0 windchill and snow... I'm sure you don't miss that...
Hiya Jeremy. Trip was fine, if you like 700 miles of rainy weather. We use the IRS VCS shock, not sure if that is the same as a durashock. The VCS is great, very smooth and consistent, but can develop air in the chamber over a day or 2 of racing. So maintenance is required. Interested in the HB just because its new and maybe? requires less maintenance. Hehe, don't miss the cold even a little.

Ferrarimk13- I'll answer for Mike since he may not see your question. He was running a CEFX, and did very well with it.
Old 01-24-2008, 10:29 PM
Tech Master

Im getting my sp12x ready and just want to make sure Ive caught everything. I can use flanged bearings to stop the bearings from getting pushed through the plastic holders, and it will increase the width, and to adjust the width i need 7mm shims from crc? Or I can use a 7x14x2mm shim in the back of the spacer to keep the bearings from being pushed through? Are the flanged bearings still the same size (1/4x3/8)?

Lastly, im running the crc pro-strut front end on my car and was wondering what is the correct size bearings needed for flanged bearing rims?

thanks
Old 01-25-2008, 05:28 AM
Tech Adept

Im getting my sp12x ready and just want to make sure Ive caught everything. I can use flanged bearings to stop the bearings from getting pushed through the plastic holders, and it will increase the width, and to adjust the width i need 7mm shims from crc? Or I can use a 7x14x2mm shim in the back of the spacer to keep the bearings from being pushed through? Are the flanged bearings still the same size (1/4x3/8)?
The flanged bearings are a good idea, but they are 7mm I.D., not 1/4". The CRC 7mm shims are then used to widen from that point. You can use a shim behind the bearing holder, as described on page 11 of this thread. It takes some cutting of the washer to get it the right size.

Lastly, im running the crc pro-strut front end on my car and was wondering what is the correct size bearings needed for flanged bearing rims?
Not sure on the pro-strut, but CRC has a good website that should have the answer somewhere. www.teamcrc.com
Old 01-25-2008, 09:09 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Switch Blade
[...] modern large rims wheels such as Parma Pro Cut, CRC, Jaco Prism, you will need 1/8 x 5/16 flanged ball bearings.
Old 01-25-2008, 09:13 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Larry Brown
Hiya Jeremy. Trip was fine, if you like 700 miles of rainy weather. We use the IRS VCS shock, not sure if that is the same as a durashock. The VCS is great, very smooth and consistent, but can develop air in the chamber over a day or 2 of racing. So maintenance is required. Interested in the HB just because its new and maybe? requires less maintenance. Hehe, don't miss the cold even a little.

Ferrarimk13- I'll answer for Mike since he may not see your question. He was running a CEFX, and did very well with it.
oh, thanks. That car has been doing well lately, i like the green on the CEFX too.
Old 01-25-2008, 09:28 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (92%+)

Originally Posted by Arn0
[...] modern large rims wheels such as Parma Pro Cut, CRC, Jaco Prism, you will need 1/8 x 5/16 flanged ball bearings.
For the CRC front end, you need 3/16x5/16 flanged.
Old 01-25-2008, 10:25 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Johnny Carey
For the CRC front end, you need 3/16x5/16 flanged.
excellent, thanks a lot.

So for flanged bearings in the rear i need 7mmx3/8?
Old 01-25-2008, 10:41 AM
Tech Adept

So for flanged bearings in the rear i need 7mmx3/8?
No, the outside diameter will be metric as well as the inside (7mm) diameter. I don't happen to know what the standard size is. Perhaps your local hobby shop or some other 12x racers on this forum can help.
Old 01-25-2008, 10:43 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

7x11mm Boca Bearing makes some flanged versions if you cant find any.

-Korey
Old 01-25-2008, 12:47 PM
Tech Master

ya, pardon my ignorance, im an idiot. It doesnt make sense to have a metric/imperial bearing.

thanks, Ill see if my LHS has some.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.