Wiki Posts
Search

Corally SP12X

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2007, 03:22 AM
Tech Rookie

Default front end

Hello!

what kind of front end is the best on this car??
I where can i bye it????

Best regards
GKS
Old 03-07-2007, 04:51 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by sanfransoxfan04
Thanks for the info on the Spur Gear, I am trying to find online source to purchase a 64p 88t Spur with 8 balls in a small diff ring size. If you have a link to an online store, please let me know. I will try hobbyetc

Now i have a bigger problem, finding a long pinion gear in a 38-40t. Hwat pinions are you guys using in place of the Corally Long Boss?
Casey talk to Layman about the SPX12. He's run it alot with the 13.5.

For the spur gear look for Precision Racing Systems
If you can't find one you can buy it direct. PRS 88T 8 hole spur. The local purple vet will agree with the PRS choice.
Old 03-12-2007, 04:43 AM
Tech Adept

well i managed to get 2nd at the NZ nationals with the setup i posted earlier.

Learned alot about the diff, and how to best set that up.

low traction. No tyre additives allowed:

used the hard t-bar (had no spacers for the soft t-bar )

Kawada rears in the extreme heat worked brilliantly, pink corally rears shined with cold - moderately hot conditions.

silver fronts.

10x2 Vantage v2 motor (endurance brushes *DOH* )

IB4200s (charging at 6amp)
Old 04-03-2007, 05:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I posted this on the other sp12x thread too. Not sure who is watching what.

Anybody aware of any solution to making rear 1/2mm ride height adjustments? 1/4mm adjustments would be nicer.

When the car wears in to 3mm of rear height, I'd like the option to go back to 3.5mm (or even 3.25mm), not 4mm or more. Can't do that with the stock adjusters.

I suppose it could be argued that a person could have an additional set of tires trued to say 41.5mm ready to put on when the ones your using hit 40.5mm (giving you back 1/2mm of ride height), but that's not a very good solution.

Ideas?
Old 04-05-2007, 12:24 PM
Tech Fanatic

I can't think of anything that would do this from current production parts. It really needs Corally to make the in-between ones, or IRS to make a two-piece design based on his 0.5mm ones for the 12L/CRC/etc. cars.

I'm thinking that a housing over the axle tube could be 'capped' with an insert like the IRS ones. This would mean leaving the housing in place all the time, and just changing the cap. However, I don't see a solution that doesn't involve good mould tooling, and I doubt the potential market is big enough to justify the investment - the small volumes would make them too expensive.

Dave 'the Diff' Irrgang - any comments?
Old 04-06-2007, 05:37 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bob-Stormer
I posted this on the other sp12x thread too. Not sure who is watching what.

Anybody aware of any solution to making rear 1/2mm ride height adjustments? 1/4mm adjustments would be nicer.

When the car wears in to 3mm of rear height, I'd like the option to go back to 3.5mm (or even 3.25mm), not 4mm or more. Can't do that with the stock adjusters.

I suppose it could be argued that a person could have an additional set of tires trued to say 41.5mm ready to put on when the ones your using hit 40.5mm (giving you back 1/2mm of ride height), but that's not a very good solution.

Ideas?

I just received my 12X the other day and Wed. ran it for the first time. I already need different adjusters than what comes in the kit. I am a CAD designer and work in a tool shop. I have already designed and manufactured custom parts for other cars. I am thinking about doing a set of adjusters that would fill the void from the kit pieces. They would be made from delrin and CNC machined. If there is interest in these pieces please let me know as it is almost as easy to make 5 set rather than one. Probably do the 1/2 mm steps too.

Pic of 2.5mm added.
Chris
Attached Thumbnails Corally SP12X-solid-ride-ht-adj.jpg  

Last edited by Mach10_shooter; 04-06-2007 at 07:19 AM.
Old 04-06-2007, 10:33 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Mach10_shooter
They would be made from delrin and CNC machined. If there is interest in these pieces please let me know as it is almost as easy to make 5 set rather than one. Probably do the 1/2 mm steps too.

Pic of 2.5mm added.
Chris
I'm in. I'd take a few sets. See if you can make a 3.25 or 3.5. Not sure if there is enough room before the axle bottoms out in the tube. As is, with a 3.0 adjuster you have to pretty much toss the rear tire at 40.5mm

You wanna be a hero? Re-design the front suspension bridge so it won't bend like a twig (and put another degree of caster in it). I realize that something else is going to bend in place of it, but I'm okay with that.
Old 04-06-2007, 11:05 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Bob-Stormer
I'm in. I'd take a few sets. See if you can make a 3.25 or 3.5. Not sure if there is enough room before the axle bottoms out in the tube. As is, with a 3.0 adjuster you have to pretty much toss the rear tire at 40.5mm

You wanna be a hero? Re-design the front suspension bridge so it won't bend like a twig (and put another degree of caster in it). I realize that something else is going to bend in place of it, but I'm okay with that.

After a little checking a 3.25 is the max. That will leave about .1mm between the axle and the tube. Here are the sizes I'll be doing. 0, .5, 1.5, 2.5, and 3.25.

Don't think I want to tackle a project like that bridge but it sure would be cool to do some out of titanium.

Chris
Old 04-06-2007, 12:22 PM
Tech Master

I'd be in - assuming that the cost wasn't stupid (including shipping to the UK) and i somehow suspect that there would be quite a few people interested this end. Let me know if you want me to ask around over here?? - be easier to just ship one load as well!
Old 04-06-2007, 12:30 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by MattW
I'd be in - assuming that the cost wasn't stupid (including shipping to the UK) and i somehow suspect that there would be quite a few people interested this end. Let me know if you want me to ask around over here?? - be easier to just ship one load as well!
Well I'm not sure what a "stupid" amount would be but I'm thinking $20-$25 US per set plus shipping. I'll know more after I get the first batch done.

Chris
Old 04-06-2007, 01:07 PM
Tech Master

Yeah that's not so bad. You see some "special" stuff that people want real big money for!!! I'd be interested in a set at that.
Old 04-06-2007, 03:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

I would buy an set also if the price is not too carzy
Old 04-09-2007, 05:04 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Gearing choice on the SP12X

Hello Guys,

Please help me out. I am driving a SP12x right now and I have problems having enough juice coming back at the end of the race.
I am running a 19T motors with 44mm tires in the front and 46mm tires at the back. The gearing I choice is 30/98, and I am using 4300 batteries.
If you have other suggestions that can give me on gearing that will be great.
Thanks guys
Old 04-09-2007, 11:19 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by hkboy
Hello Guys,

Please help me out. I am driving a SP12x right now and I have problems having enough juice coming back at the end of the race.
I am running a 19T motors with 44mm tires in the front and 46mm tires at the back. The gearing I choice is 30/98, and I am using 4300 batteries.
If you have other suggestions that can give me on gearing that will be great.
Thanks guys
Which 19t? You're rolled out 44.2mm and about 50 is good on a large US carpet track. How big is track? When was the last time you rebuilt the motor, or last time you fully cycled your pack on some equipment?
Old 04-09-2007, 11:21 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Mach10_shooter
Well I'm not sure what a "stupid" amount would be but I'm thinking $20-$25 US per set plus shipping. I'll know more after I get the first batch done.

Chris
I'm still in.

I'd take 2 pair of the 2.5 and 2 pair of the 3.25

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.