Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2006 REEDY RACE

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2006, 08:24 AM
Tech Adept

even if Hara use new tyre in round 6 (which I believe he wasn't) , it doesn't mean that Marc can hit him in last round.

If you ever watch A3 of TITC 2005 you'll see him try to past Surikarn but cannot and hit him 2-3 times and in last lap at the end straight Marc hit him with full power. (you''ll notice that all top 3 cars Hara, Surikarn, Marc use same motor, batteries, charger ,motor tuner but why only Marc has super power???)
Old 05-30-2006, 08:27 AM
Tech Adept

here is video

http://suda.mine.nu/TITC2006/2005A3.wmv
Old 05-30-2006, 08:28 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Wow, that was the best quality R/C video I've seen in a while. You definitely sold me on the DVD.
Old 05-30-2006, 08:34 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Kingcrab
...(you''ll notice that all top 3 cars Hara, Surikarn, Marc use same motor, batteries, charger ,motor tuner but why only Marc has super power???)
You have forgotten about the two most important things that determine how fast a driver can ultimately be - driving style and and car. A good driver can use less battery to get around the track. He can therefore use more powerful motors and more aggressive motor set-ups. And a well-handling car also requires less battery per lap, and requires less braking action which improves motor performance and untimately leads to faster lap times.

Marc had more than 1000 mAh left after EVERY race. He could have been even faster.
Old 05-30-2006, 08:54 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by stefan
Reinhard's dad (who just signed up for RCTech today) stated on a German board, that Hara and Marc hab a gentlemen agreement, not to use new tires in on of the rounds.
When Hara was clearly faster in this round, Marc asumed that Hara had put new tires on despite the agreement and got majorly p.o.'d.

He was talking about the end of their friendship and other BS.

IMHO, this is a kid pouting and if he did it on purpose in the last round, then he should start a club with Michael Schumacher.

Cheats United, or something like that...

Oh, btw, Marc's dad is a very outspoken dude and he'll probably flame me crispy for this one.
I guess Uwe (Papa) Rheinard have first hand information, and you don´t. Right?
Booth Rheinard Sr & Jr are very fair sportsmen.
Old 05-30-2006, 09:05 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Rick Hohwart
You have forgotten about the two most important things that determine how fast a driver can ultimately be - driving style and and car. A good driver can use less battery to get around the track. He can therefore use more powerful motors and more aggressive motor set-ups. And a well-handling car also requires less battery per lap, and requires less braking action which improves motor performance and untimately leads to faster lap times.

Marc had more than 1000 mAh left after EVERY race. He could have been even faster.
You're right but not in this case, yes may be other driver use more battery or cannot drive aggressive motor set up or cannot set up well-handling like Marc

(even they are world champions and also they've got TQ and 2nd place, and in A1 and A2 one of them won both finals and another got 3rd and 2nd)

but I don't think it'll effect in first 5 laps of the race as you'll see in video that in the corner they have same speed but not in straight way. Is that mean well -handling car set up for all top 3?

May be if little different is acceptable, because from different car, esc set up, gearing but this look like come from different sponsor.
Old 05-30-2006, 09:05 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Eirik
Great Video!!

Marc's car was allot faster than Atsushi's car down the mainstraight and around the sweeper, scary fast!!!
To me it looked like Hara went wide and tried to shut the door when it was already too late.... Shit happens dude!!
Exactly how I saw it. Marc was clearly quicker than Hara and when Barry let them fight it out, Marc knew he had to get by. Didnt look to me as if Marc had to get on the curbing to get in there so Hara must have been a little wide.
Old 05-30-2006, 09:06 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

I don't know what you were trying to prove with that video...but it looks like Marc used EXTREME patience during the whole race. Yeah he hit him at the END of the straight on the last lap........But only with trying to RUN THRU the timing loop and not have to brake at the end for the right hand corner. Looked like a smart move.

If he drives THRU the loop and Surikarn brakes to make the turn, Marc's momentum would have given him the spot at the line.
Old 05-30-2006, 09:07 AM
Tech Adept

Default Kingcrab

Yeah that is a killer video.....what race is that from? Also...who is the guy holding up Rheinhardt for most of the race?
Old 05-30-2006, 09:11 AM
Tech Adept

Default impresme

If that is the video of the Reedy Race....then I totally agree with you. Rheinhardt in my opinion used "UNBElIEVABLE PATIENCE" and in my opinion was BEING HELD UP for most of that race......he was MUCH FASTER. I cant believe he drove as fairly as he did....in that type of situation.

Also BTW......Rick H.....very IMPRESSIVE performance! Have you been practicing? You took it to a LOT OF BIG NAMES
Old 05-30-2006, 09:14 AM
Tech Elite

You're right but not in this case, yes may be other driver use more battery or cannot drive aggressive motor set up or cannot set up well-handling like Marc

(even they are world champions and also they've got TQ and 2nd place, and in A1 and A2 one of them won both finals and another got 3rd and 2nd)

but I don't think it'll effect in first 5 laps of the race as you'll see in video that in the corner they have same speed but not in straight way. Is that mean well -handling car set up for all top 3?

May be if little different is acceptable, because from different car, esc set up, gearing but this look like come from different sponsor.

Do you know for a FACT that ALL 3 Ran the Same motor? It could have been that one ran a 7x1 while the others opt'ed for maybe an 8x1 or even a double(which I doubt with that infield). Do you know for a FACT that all of them ran the EXACT same ROLL-OUT (FDR) I would think it would be hard for a Tamiya 415MSX and a Cyclone to have the EXACT same gearing since that both of the internals are different on those two cars.... How do you (or anyone else) know that Hara, Marc and Surikarn didn't have different set-ups in the ESC. With the HARA ESC can't you make your own profile? But what do I know! LOL

So just because 2-3 drivers run the "same" company equipment doesn't mean EVERYTHING IS EQUAL!!
Old 05-30-2006, 09:16 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by ErnieP
If that is the video of the Reedy Race....then I totally agree with you. Rheinhardt in my opinion used "UNBElIEVABLE PATIENCE" and in my opinion was BEING HELD UP for most of that race......he was MUCH FASTER. I cant believe he drove as fairly as he did....in that type of situation.

Also BTW......Rick H.....very IMPRESSIVE performance! Have you been practicing? You took it to a LOT OF BIG NAMES

Ernie- That video is of the Thailand race a few months ago. The Reedy video is back a page or so.
Old 05-30-2006, 09:20 AM
Tech Adept

Default impresme

Thanks for the clarification....can you post the video for me so I can see what all the controversay is about? Thanks
Old 05-30-2006, 09:24 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by futureal
Invite Race 32 video:
http://www.ampdraw.com/video/2006ree...ite32_divx.avi

This is about a 58MB download, so right click and save as to view it. The file is screwed up, and jumps around a bit later on; I didn't have the time to do a proper encode tonight, I'll redo it tomorrow. It's uploading as I type this so if you try to download it right this moment, you won't get the whole thing.

Also, this requires DivX (www.divx.com) if you don't already have the codec installed.

Hope this entertains someone.
Click on link in post Mr. Provetti.

Edit...sorry...click on this link...

Invite Race 32 video:
http://www.ampdraw.com/video/2006ree...ite32_divx.avi
Old 05-30-2006, 09:30 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Mongo
Drama.....Drama......Drama....

Hey.... How come this is MF's last Reedy?
Its about time...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.