Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Good websites to buy ESC.

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2001, 02:00 PM
Tech Apprentice

Bob,

Good site and even better prices. Are there any hidden coupons on the site like Tower? ;-) JK
Old 12-05-2001, 02:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

YokGuy,

Sounds like you've been in on those debates in other forums. =0)

No secret codes, no handshakes, no wondering if you missed something, no worries. Just us doing our best to supply you with parts at a good price with good service.

Good Racing,
Bob Stormer
Stormer Hobbies

Old 12-05-2001, 03:56 PM
Tech Apprentice

Bob,

I would be cool if you could have a feature where customers could browse "Electronic Speed Controllers" or "Foam Tires", etc.

I would let people easily compare against different brands.
Old 12-05-2001, 04:09 PM
Tech Regular

Default reply to bob

ok, thanks bob.
Old 12-05-2001, 04:19 PM
Tech Elite

RacerTex,

You need to spend more time on our site... the search for electronic speed controls is already 'right there' on the left side of the page.

http://www.stormerhobbies.com

on the left side, it says (and these are clickable links on the site)

1. Aparrel
2. Batteries
3. Electronic Speed Controls (I believe this is what you asked for)
4. Motors
etc... etc...

I went to our search page, and typed in "foam tires" 99 items came up, and they are listed here:
http://www.stormerhobbies.com/cgi-bi...&pn=foam+tires

I don't know that we could make that much easier. It already works just like you mentioned that it should.

Good Racing,
Bob Stormer
Stormer Hobbies

Old 12-05-2001, 10:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default ??? for BOB

In earily January I will be making a purchase ( actually a very BIG purchase...around $1500) and I will be sending a money order, is there any way that on the day I send the MO I could call in the order to make sure all items are available and that they don't sell out while the MO is on it's way...
Old 12-05-2001, 11:12 PM
Tech Elite

Our inventory is pretty deep. Unless it's something obscure, like a Fantom dyno, etc. It's likely to be here.

If you like, drop us an email: [email protected]

Ask about the availability of certain items you are interested in. We know what's around, what's not, and how long. We know the stuff like the next time Traxxas will be out of a particular car, Hitec's next ship date on spectra module radios, etc.

Let me know you were on the forum here and had a question.

Good Racing,
Bob Stormer
Stormer Hobbies

Old 12-06-2001, 12:31 AM
Tech Regular

Bob,

I tried to order online, but your online system does not support billing address from Indonesia. Is this intentional or only certain countries?

I have emailed to sales but still got no reply.
Old 12-06-2001, 01:30 AM
Tech Elite

Yea,

For whatever reasons, our credit card processors cannot do credit cards from Indonesia. Hence, we cannot take orders from there. Believe me, I'd like to, not sending orders is contrary to what we do.

I pulled up some email files, and only one has anything to do with Indonesia, and it was time stamped at 9pm this evening (it's only been a few hours). You wouldn't even normally get a reply until tomorrow.

If you're the guy with a buddy in San Francisco about the Battery packs, we could ship to him, but only if the card is billed to where we are shipping the package.

There are a quite a few places we cannot ship. They are also listed on our 'terms of use' page.

Good Racing,
Bob Stormer
Stormer Hobbies

Old 12-06-2001, 01:37 AM
Tech Regular

Bob,

Yes, that's the one.
I will have him order to you.
But just for a suggestion, I could order and ship from Towerhobbies. May be you can do the same in the future. Lots of my friend got the same result from visiting you website.

Do you sell KO VFS 2000 or Keyence Zero Extreme?
Old 12-06-2001, 06:44 AM
Tech Adept

Bob,
awsome site I love it that you sell what towerhobbies doesn't sell (like fantom products) and you still beat their prices. I was wondering do you ever have sales?
Old 12-06-2001, 11:03 AM
Tech Elite

Fangio,

We tend to shy away from up and down pricing. I don't like it or feel it's fair. One day you call and item "A" is $129.95 so you put aside some money and save up, you call us in 30 days, and item "A" is now $144.50. You grumble, becasue it's more than you thought, but you pick it up anyway. 30 days later your friend desides he likes what you have and you agree that it would be cool if you both have the same car so you could race and play. He calls up to order item "A" and this time it's $119.95. Wouldn't you be a bit irritated by that? I think so, which is why we don't do that.

We have no secret codes, no secret handshakes, no mis-understandings, nothing to miss or order at the wrong time. Just fair, consistent, and easy to follow discounted pricing. You never have to worry about paying to much or ordering at the wrong time. I like that. and think our customers do too. There are people that really enjoy what Tower does with their codes. For Tower that seems to work and their customers seem to like that as well. It just seems to me, if you can sell it for less, but need a code to do it... why not just sell it for less without the code?

Usually, we set a low price, if we can, we lower it again as supply and pricing issues iron out (like for quantity, etc...).

Everything is always on sale at a discounted price here, and our inventory is deep. A sale price is useless if you don't have the item in stock.

Good Racing,
Bob Stormer
Stormer Hobbies