Wiki Posts
Search

Intellect 4200SHV

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2006, 04:46 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

Danny,

Do you know if IB will be tweaking the 3800s to increase voltage also? Those are some crazy numbers.
Old 05-09-2006, 06:07 PM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I'm not sure if Kintetix will stock them. Sales of 4200s have been slow in North America due to them not being legal at most races.

I'm pretty sure Stormer Hobbies will carry them and we will also offer them for 74.95

We have problems getting our website updated but if anyone has a tough time getting them as it may take time for the local shops to get them since this is not the busy time of the year for matched packs you can email me and I will take orders.

The 3800s will stay the same as they are now with 1.20-1.21. Were the only Intellect customer purchasing 3800s as the rest of the World allows 4200s.
Old 05-14-2006, 02:47 PM
Tech Adept

Its a shame they don't bring out a SLW (super light weight) cell.
Old 05-14-2006, 03:20 PM
Tech Rookie

It seems most Battery Seller’s and Matches are indicating that IB’s are the ones to get, but I’ve seen some on track testing of these cells and the GP43's and although the cell numbers and bench testing lean towards the IB’s, the on-track performance goes to the GP’s…

Why is that?
I know I’m probably going to be flamed, but all I seek is an understanding .
Old 05-14-2006, 06:11 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Brake Late
It seems most Battery Seller’s and Matches are indicating that IB’s are the ones to get, but I’ve seen some on track testing of these cells and the GP43's and although the cell numbers and bench testing lean towards the IB’s, the on-track performance goes to the GP’s…

Why is that?
What on-track performance are you talking about? In the US, every race since Cleveland has been won by IB's. I can't speak for Europe or Asia, however the LRP race was just won with them too.
Old 05-14-2006, 07:43 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Jack Rimer
What on-track performance are you talking about? In the US, every race since Cleveland has been won by IB's. I can't speak for Europe or Asia, however the LRP race was just won with them too.
Sorry Jack I didn't mean to miss lead you, I was talking from a layman’s perspective when referring to the track testing... not from any major international event. I've been racing with some friends when they’ve done some back to back comparisons between several "new" packs and the results differed from what I’ve read on these forums, what shows up at major race meets, and what I expected. I’m confused now and was hoping that someone would be able to explain more about this. Contrary to the bench testing, and the cell numbers, the GP’s seem to have better punch and acceleration over the race period.

I know we’re not experts in battery mechanics, and we may have unknowingly introduced a variable somehow, but we switched packs over after every run (2 & 2). I can’t explain it and is the reasons I ask these questions.
Old 05-14-2006, 08:16 PM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

This is a very very good cell. Pretty amazing what Intellect has done. We are carrying this cell on our site.
Old 05-14-2006, 08:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Brake Late

Why is that?
TROLL

Everyone knows the IB is the better cell right now.
Old 05-14-2006, 09:04 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Brake, one of the things that people dont relize is that the new cells are way ahead of the new motors. We almost have too much voltage. What happens in alot of cases is someone takes their fast stock motor and puts in their GP's that they have been running with and have the correct gearing and motor tuning and they lay down some great laps. Now you go and get the IB's and put them in and they put out more power, which also means more heat, which will cause the motor to fade if you drive it and gear it and tune it the exact same way. Does this make sense at all to you?
Old 05-14-2006, 10:09 PM
Tech Rookie

Thanks Bob... that does make sence... guess we should try some of that theory.....

Thanks...
Old 05-24-2006, 04:29 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 220 (100%+)

are these readily available yet
Old 05-24-2006, 05:06 AM
Tech Adept

I have a pack on their way to try out, so i guess they are. Figures on mine are 1.229v @35Amp discharge. Will see what they are like in the car though
Old 05-24-2006, 05:59 AM
SPC

Originally Posted by pink_sleeve
are these readily available yet
Yes, we are currently zapping & grading a new batch. So far the numbers appear incredible!
Old 05-24-2006, 06:51 AM
Tech Rookie

We just got the SMC packs in and have them on stock for shops to order. The numbers are insane, voltages of 1.224 to 1.229!!
Old 05-24-2006, 08:59 AM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Our initial shipment was sent to our distributors overseas as the 4200s are legal in other countries. Were currently matching our second lot so we expect to have some shipping out in a few weeks to our US ditributors.

Our team drivers who had a chance to use them at the LRP race reported that they were very reliable and felt stronger than the previous 4200s. Paul Lemieux told me that lap times are faster with these cells but once again motor setup is critical as the motor has a tough time finishing strong due to the extra power.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.