R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 05-08-2009, 09:35 PM   #901
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

nope; bone stock kit.No hits at all one one chassis the other broke after I went over a corner dot(no air).My friend broke his too -same spot at the rearAll kits less than 1 week old.
ft4 MT wallet
cyclone;xxx-s;x-rayT2;crc gen xl;bmi 12rrl
GasGod is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 10:29 PM   #902
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 100 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasGod View Post
nope; bone stock kit.No hits at all one one chassis the other broke after I went over a corner dot(no air).My friend broke his too -same spot at the rearAll kits less than 1 week old.
Thats weird I've run the Cyclone S for two years and I've never experienced that kind of breakage. Do you think it could have already been broken and it was repaired with CA or something? Sorry to hear that anyway mate, it may be a fault with a new batch of chassis as well, just let HB know and they may be able to replace them if it wasnt due to a big crash.
Old 05-09-2009, 06:19 AM   #903
MD
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 105 (100%+)

Where did it break?
MD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 06:44 AM   #904
Tech Master

All 3 broke between the last rear bulkhead screw and the rear toe blocks where the belt slot is.I would have thought it would snap where the motor is--And no the mounting screws were not too tight.Bought another-and dremeled off everything past the toe block about 3/4"(rear bumper) so--maybe it's ok-I hope.
ft4 MT wallet
Old 05-09-2009, 07:12 AM   #905
MD
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 105 (100%+)

I had one where the rear bumper broke off and a small piece of the chassis snapped off. May be it has something to do with that rear bumper. I think the rear bumper sits so high that it put a lot of stress on the chassis. I would call or email Hot Bodies/HPI and ask them. I have had good luck with them sending out parts if there is a problem with their products.
MD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 09:37 AM   #906
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I posted on the cyclone thread as well but you should be able to solve it doing what you did cutting the chassis.
Old 05-09-2009, 09:28 PM   #907
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Finally got my cyclone s hooked up with help from a fellow racer at the track last night.Running hpi pro linier springs bright yellow 16.9 lbs with 60 wt oil and hpi blue 14.8lbs with 50 wt oil in the back running hpi pro comp shocks with 3 hole pistons 5mm ride height front 5.5 in the back with 7mm droop front and 6mm in the back.He told me to tighten my front diff completely snug but not cranked down as hard as i can till it stopped then back out a half turn and the back 3/4 turn from snug and set my esc to 30% drag brake and bamm! 1st place in my first heat and 2nd in heat #2 starting dead last.didnt stay for the main gets way to late for the mains.The car was so much easier to drive.I knew i was a good driver and would place well if my car would hook up and it was and racing was much more fun as it should be.Sucks to have a car thats not hooking up and drifting all over the track,prior to this i was posting faster laps with my 18r,not any more,also was running the new sjr's 36r pre-mounts.
airwoods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 11:28 PM   #908
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 100 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by airwoods View Post
Finally got my cyclone s hooked up with help from a fellow racer at the track last night.Running hpi pro linier springs bright yellow 16.9 lbs with 60 wt oil and hpi blue 14.8lbs with 50 wt oil in the back running hpi pro comp shocks with 3 hole pistons 5mm ride height front 5.5 in the back with 7mm droop front and 6mm in the back.He told me to tighten my front diff completely snug but not cranked down as hard as i can till it stopped then back out a half turn and the back 3/4 turn from snug and set my esc to 30% drag brake and bamm! 1st place in my first heat and 2nd in heat #2 starting dead last.didnt stay for the main gets way to late for the mains.The car was so much easier to drive.I knew i was a good driver and would place well if my car would hook up and it was and racing was much more fun as it should be.Sucks to have a car thats not hooking up and drifting all over the track,prior to this i was posting faster laps with my 18r,not any more,also was running the new sjr's 36r pre-mounts.
Nice work there mate. They're a great car once you know how to set them up and even if something small is out they handle very well I have never had an issue with mine hence the reason Ive kept it and still run it in 540. Keep up the success stories.
Old 05-11-2009, 10:40 AM   #909
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by vazzo View Post
Nice work there mate. They're a great car once you know how to set them up and even if something small is out they handle very well I have never had an issue with mine hence the reason Ive kept it and still run it in 540. Keep up the success stories.
speaking of being out of wack and still running good,when the race was over i noticed my left wheel wobble loose and was ready to fall off.
Old 05-14-2009, 09:07 AM   #910
Tech Initiate

hey guys isit good enough to just buy cyclone s Stock ( no purple parts )
or the one with some purple parts
wATERbOTTLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 12:51 PM   #911
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by wATERbOTTLE View Post
hey guys isit good enough to just buy cyclone s Stock ( no purple parts )
or the one with some purple parts
Besides shocks and cvd's mine is all stock plastic parts and is good enough to finish top 3, and when i get into a groove and drive well i'll put her in 1st.I race sportsman so in the expert class i'm not sure, but there are guys that do run the cyclone s with all the bells and whistles that can win major events.I'm sure if set-up right and good driving skills a stock cyclone s can compete with cars with higher end parts with equal driving skills.The class i race,i'm the only one with a cyclone s,the rest are losi xxxs,tc5,xray,tamiya's and cyclone tc.A few of the drivers look like beginners banging into everything and taking you with them and wont let you by even if your clearly faster and the race leader lapping them.
Old 05-15-2009, 09:59 AM   #912
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by airwoods View Post
Besides shocks and cvd's mine is all stock plastic parts and is good enough to finish top 3, and when i get into a groove and drive well i'll put her in 1st.I race sportsman so in the expert class i'm not sure, but there are guys that do run the cyclone s with all the bells and whistles that can win major events.I'm sure if set-up right and good driving skills a stock cyclone s can compete with cars with higher end parts with equal driving skills.The class i race,i'm the only one with a cyclone s,the rest are losi xxxs,tc5,xray,tamiya's and cyclone tc.A few of the drivers look like beginners banging into everything and taking you with them and wont let you by even if your clearly faster and the race leader lapping them.
one more question, is cyclone S drift edition good for playing touring, or must i change anything from the drift edition package?

thx
Old 05-15-2009, 12:28 PM   #913
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by wATERbOTTLE View Post
one more question, is cyclone S drift edition good for playing touring, or must i change anything from the drift edition package?

thx
I'm not sure about the drift edition.Other than harder tires and maybe different springs it should be the exact same car as the cyclone s.
Old 05-17-2009, 01:24 PM   #914
Tech Master

After 3 tubs I have given up--I ordered a graphite replacement from 3racing.Any input on this chassis?I don't think I can have any worse luck-with it.Still like the car tho-
ft4 MT wallet
Old 05-29-2009, 04:34 AM   #915
Tech Initiate

hey guys,

just got my cyclone s.

care to tell me some of ur set ups?
and whats is a must buy for hop ups ( i know cvd is a must buy )

thx