Wiki Posts
Search

Tub Cyclone `S`

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2009, 09:15 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MD
GasGod - I didn't have any issues with the chassis. I had two issues. The steering turnbuckles are small and tend to pull out of the ball cup. I have broken one or two steering knuckles. When you buy the knuckles you get one steering knuckle and one rear hub. So I have got a few extra rear hubs.
lol reminds me of Tamiya,guess they expect ya to sheer the whole side off.
thnx I will pick up some for spares-(are there better ones avail?not alum.)turnbuckles I will replace on assmbly-I like captured ball end anyhoo-Anyone else have any probs?I need all the help I can get-lol
Old 04-23-2009, 10:34 AM
MD
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 136 (100%+)

GasGod - I thought someone on this thread there are aluminum steering knuckles, but I am not sure.
Old 04-23-2009, 11:22 AM
Tech Master

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by airwoods
i use that exact battery and it fits perfect in there like it was made for it and the good thing about it is the battery sits furthest out meaning have to use much less lead weights to balance it out.
Really, maybe even could try also that "PPDBILLET" 3.0 oz base weight pad(picture below) to gain more CG.

Well, that's why i am asking about with this Reedy 5000, not only but also the coming soon all new LRP 5300 and Robitronic 5000, they are also heavy and good performance but with the same problem, so much tall which will not fit so much "S".

Thanks anyway!

Well there's another question could anybody tell if tried before "LOSI's LCD".
How was it?
I tried asking in HB Cyclone thread before, but without any answer.

Best regards
Attached Thumbnails Tub Cyclone `S`-600_tc5_base.jpg  
Old 04-23-2009, 02:16 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by MD
GasGod - I thought someone on this thread there are aluminum steering knuckles, but I am not sure.
Never cared much for alum.-rather have it break than bend, and not know it.
Old 04-23-2009, 04:54 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mac853
Really, maybe even could try also that "PPDBILLET" 3.0 oz base weight pad(picture below) to gain more CG.

Well, that's why i am asking about with this Reedy 5000, not only but also the coming soon all new LRP 5300 and Robitronic 5000, they are also heavy and good performance but with the same problem, so much tall which will not fit so much "S".

Thanks anyway!

Well there's another question could anybody tell if tried before "LOSI's LCD".
How was it?
I tried asking in HB Cyclone thread before, but without any answer.

Best regards
Oops! my bad,i just installed my reedy lipo and forgot that i had dremmeld down the tabs on the battery so i could fit it in my old sprint 2 but it does fit perfect in my cyclone s tub without drilling anything on the chassis.
Old 04-23-2009, 06:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mac853
You mean the right side of middle block, thanks!
Maybe speak to airwoods about it then mac as I couldnt fit it without dremeling, but in saying that i upgraded the motor mounts to the 3 racing ones not using the original ones on the car as I need more purple bling.
Old 04-24-2009, 01:00 AM
Tech Master

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by airwoods
Oops! my bad,i just installed my reedy lipo and forgot that i had dremmeld down the tabs on the battery so i could fit it in my old sprint 2 but it does fit perfect in my cyclone s tub without drilling anything on the chassis.
Originally Posted by vazzo
Maybe speak to airwoods about it then mac as I couldnt fit it without dremeling, but in saying that i upgraded the motor mounts to the 3 racing ones not using the original ones on the car as I need more purple bling.
OK, i will pay attention on it.
About to replace 3racing 1, i prefer to modifying the original.

Thanks!
Old 04-25-2009, 07:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hi guys,

Just received the Cyclone S with a lot of upgrades that i bought on ebay. Im very happy because all the seller published was true, the car its NEW and UNUSED. All the upgrades mentiones were inn, and the stock parts were on a separate bag.

The thing is that comes with center pulley 18T, how thats affect the pinion and spur selection ?

I ordered a couple of pinions and spur from Kawada based on gearchart.com, pinions 32, 34 and 36 and spurs 66, 68 and 70

I assume the tranny ratio from gearchart.com its considering stock 16T central pulley ... so i dont know if the pinions and spurs i bought will work good or not with the 18T pulley.

This car will be raced on 13.5 brushless (novak) and 6 NiMH batts (maxamps 4.700mah)

thanks,
Old 04-25-2009, 09:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Tabushi
Hi guys,

Just received the Cyclone S with a lot of upgrades that i bought on ebay. Im very happy because all the seller published was true, the car its NEW and UNUSED. All the upgrades mentiones were inn, and the stock parts were on a separate bag.

The thing is that comes with center pulley 18T, how thats affect the pinion and spur selection ?

I ordered a couple of pinions and spur from Kawada based on gearchart.com, pinions 32, 34 and 36 and spurs 66, 68 and 70

I assume the tranny ratio from gearchart.com its considering stock 16T central pulley ... so i dont know if the pinions and spurs i bought will work good or not with the 18T pulley.

This car will be raced on 13.5 brushless (novak) and 6 NiMH batts (maxamps 4.700mah)

thanks,
It will definately effect the spur/pinions you bought. See ratios below.

16T Pulleys = 2.4375
18T Pulleys = 2.1666

I sent a number of requests to the hosts of gearchart and they never add the new cars, I think they have stopped developing the site or something. Anyway most manuals give you the gear ratio these days.

Cheers
Adrian

Cheers
Adrian
Old 04-27-2009, 07:48 AM
YBR
Tech Rookie

Hey guys,

I am running the stock 96t 64p spur and was wondering what pinion i should use for a 19t motor? I'm not used to gearing with 64p gears so I really have no clue thanks for any and all help..

Phil
Old 04-28-2009, 04:18 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by YBR
Hey guys,

I am running the stock 96t 64p spur and was wondering what pinion i should use for a 19t motor? I'm not used to gearing with 64p gears so I really have no clue thanks for any and all help..

Phil
try 35-38 you should shoot for a fdr of 6-6.5 gearing always depends on track-ask others what fdr they are running--
Old 04-28-2009, 04:26 PM
Tech Master

Missed the Fed=ex guy today--My kit should be here tomorrow-gonna build it tomorrow test thurs or fri- and race Sat--13.5 /rubber outdoors lol Hope the front end holds together as I have no spares yet.Gonna try some other brand uni's or cvds-I have some that measure 44mm so-- gonna give it a shot.I have seen the dogbones chew up an rtr's axle stubs badly,they would actually lock up the front wheels in a turn--
Old 04-29-2009, 02:21 AM
Tech Initiate

Hey there, just got myself a cyclone S I've never ran on road before so I need help.

FYI I plan to run Trinity 5000 Lipo's on asphalt

1. Gearing for a 17.5 or 10.5 Pinion and Spur pls not just Final drive (Starting point anyway)
2. Basic idea of suspension starting point - springs, oil, piston
3. Sway bars
4. any tips pointers to consider before going racing.

thanks in advance
Old 05-08-2009, 07:27 PM
Tech Master

bummer snapped 2 chassis in a week--both at the same spot and no hits--
Old 05-08-2009, 07:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by GasGod
bummer snapped 2 chassis in a week--both at the same spot and no hits--
Have you got any aluminium parts on the car? like rear pivot block?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.