R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-01-2010, 09:50 PM   #1141
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 351
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozvena View Post
Gearing for Novak motors is here, you can start from there:

http://www.teamnovak.com/tech_info/index.html

64 pitch works fine indoor...for outdoor move to bigger spaced tooths, 48 pitch as it is more resilient to small rocks.
Thats what I was looking for.Thanks
airwoods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 11:39 PM   #1142
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 120
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by airwoods View Post
Thats what I was looking for.Thanks
Most guys are running 88/54 or 55 (64p) with the TC and the 18t pulleys for that setup. It's around about 3.5 to one. Not sure how to get that ratio without changing the 16's for 18's and new belts.

How small of a spur can we go on these? 88/55 is good on the TC, I see they offer 80-82, doing some quick math it's in the ball park with 16t. Will this work?

Last edited by markw; 07-01-2010 at 11:57 PM.
markw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 11:49 PM   #1143
Tech Addict
 
mlight13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: United States
Posts: 675
Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)
Default

When I push the car down like when checking the ride height, it stays in the down position. The shocks are fine and this did not do it with my ball diff that I just took out. If I hold the car and squeeze the shocks, they go up, but don't come down on their own. I took the shocks off and tried it and sure enough, there is some pretty tight resistance between the end of the dogbone and where it goes into the solid axle. It does it to both sides of the car too.
__________________
Mark
mlight13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 08:59 PM   #1144
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 120
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlight13 View Post
When I push the car down like when checking the ride height, it stays in the down position. The shocks are fine and this did not do it with my ball diff that I just took out. If I hold the car and squeeze the shocks, they go up, but don't come down on their own. I took the shocks off and tried it and sure enough, there is some pretty tight resistance between the end of the dogbone and where it goes into the solid axle. It does it to both sides of the car too.
Careful running dogbones with a spool. I'm switching over to cvd's up front. The dogbone would pop out on tight turns and lock the driveline Oh, the hotbodies Worlds Edition spool is pretty cheap and nice. Use the 61086 with the 61051 pulley. Did you do the Sonrise church race yesterday?

Last edited by markw; 07-11-2010 at 09:27 PM.
markw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 05:49 PM   #1145
Tech Addict
 
Bubblehead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Portsmouth, VA
Posts: 708
Default

I'm thinking of changing my Woven Graphite Chassis for S Tube Chassis. How much flex is in the Tube Chassis?
Bubblehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 05:57 PM   #1146
Tech Addict
 
warnos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 522
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default tub chassis

There is a far amount of flex in the tub.. but its not as strong as the carbon fibre chassis obviously.. Just the other night my g/f tub chassis snapped from a very slight knock on the rear wheel ... this is the 2nd chassis in a month to snap.. one good thing though the electrics are allot more protected and even if you have the setup wrong the car is very easy to drive as there is so much flex.. where as the TC.. its allot more noticable if you have the wrong setup..
__________________
TCX Smokem / F104 wgp
Major Sponsor : Visa Card
TEAM SMA - www.smaracing.org
warnos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 06:05 PM   #1147
Tech Addict
 
Bubblehead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Portsmouth, VA
Posts: 708
Default tube chassis

Warnos, is the problem in the design of the chassis?
Bubblehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 07:15 PM   #1148
Tech Addict
 
warnos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 522
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

It just seems to be a weak point.. the chassis is still awsome for the price has some advantages over the c/f chassis as everything is protected and is easy to setup...But just once the tub breaks I would get a carbon fibre chassis.. even the 3 racing one.. I would not go from c/f to tub..

Cheers
__________________
TCX Smokem / F104 wgp
Major Sponsor : Visa Card
TEAM SMA - www.smaracing.org
warnos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 07:37 PM   #1149
Tech Addict
 
cherry2blost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: London
Posts: 713
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by warnos View Post
It just seems to be a weak point.. the chassis is still awsome for the price has some advantages over the c/f chassis as everything is protected and is easy to setup...But just once the tub breaks I would get a carbon fibre chassis.. even the 3 racing one.. I would not go from c/f to tub..

Cheers
There is a screw hole that is marginally too close to the outside of the chassis, when running aluminium hingepin hangers and rear bulkheads the lack of 'flex' in the Ally makes the liklihood of a breakage quadruple .

There is a fix we found though that returns it to kit standard breakage levels, that would seriously strengthen the weak spot on all plastic Cyclone - S's.

In the gap where the rear chassis comes back in from the main body drop epoxy resin into the hole in the chassis, mainly this is on the Left side of the car for clockwise tracks and the rightside for anti clockwise tracks. The Tub chassis handles MUCH better on lower grip surfaces and is a lot more forgiving, drives like a Pro 3 lol.

Just my tuppence ...
__________________
Tamiya TA05 Ver II, Hobbywing 13.5T, KO PROPO PDS-2501 ICS, Eagle Racing 6000 65C LiPo, Hobbywing XTREME STOCK 518/213) Sanwa/Airtronics MT4 2.4G Radio.
www.racersinexile.org.uk | 'Official Certified' UK/Euro Importer for the Hobbywing XERUN Series Equipment We ship the world !!!| Quote code 'cherry' for 10% discount on our Web Store.
cherry2blost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 09:30 AM   #1150
Tech Regular
 
Micro-E's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Orange, CA
Posts: 329
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

I need some spool advice... I ordered #61045 "Front Solid Axle Set" and tried to install it. The ends of the drive shafts won't fit in the cups?? I know the drive shafts are universals, I just have no idea what part number. They are black and feel like steel, with no marks on the shafts.

The only other spool/solid axle part number I have seen is the #61375. Is that the goods? Is there another part num?

__________________
- Erik
Micro-E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 09:33 AM   #1151
Super Moderator
 
charlie_b's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Anaheim
Posts: 9,799
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to charlie_b Send a message via MSN to charlie_b Send a message via Yahoo to charlie_b
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micro-E View Post
I need some spool advice... I ordered #61045 "Front Solid Axle Set" and tried to install it. The ends of the drive shafts won't fit in the cups?? I know the drive shafts are universals, I just have no idea what part number. They are black and feel like steel, with no marks on the shafts.

The only other spool/solid axle part number I have seen is the #61375. Is that the goods? Is there another part num?

Erik, are you running the dogbones? If so, then you will need the OLDER cups cuz the new V2 cups of the spool are smaller. That or just slightly file the cups so they fit.
__________________
''Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up.''-- Thomas Alva Edison
CAL RACEWAY:CAL RACEWAY
GT10 SERIES:GT10 SERIES
CFX Paintworks:="https://www.facebook.com/CFXPaintworks?fref=ts
TEAM ASSOCIATED|REEDY|HITEC|PARMA|PROTEKRC|SWEEP|IWATA| RPM|AMAIN|CREATEX/WICKED/AUTOAIR PAINTS|CFX|CAL RACEWAY
charlie_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 04:38 PM   #1152
Tech Addict
 
Bubblehead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Portsmouth, VA
Posts: 708
Default tube chassis

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherry2blost View Post
There is a screw hole that is marginally too close to the outside of the chassis, when running aluminium hingepin hangers and rear bulkheads the lack of 'flex' in the Ally makes the liklihood of a breakage quadruple .

There is a fix we found though that returns it to kit standard breakage levels, that would seriously strengthen the weak spot on all plastic Cyclone - S's.

In the gap where the rear chassis comes back in from the main body drop epoxy resin into the hole in the chassis, mainly this is on the Left side of the car for clockwise tracks and the rightside for anti clockwise tracks. The Tub chassis handles MUCH better on lower grip surfaces and is a lot more forgiving, drives like a Pro 3 lol.

Just my tuppence ...
I should be receiving my chassis on Tuesday. Can you post a picture of your mod?
Bubblehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 08:40 PM   #1153
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 120
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlie_b View Post
Erik, are you running the dogbones? If so, then you will need the OLDER cups cuz the new V2 cups of the spool are smaller. That or just slightly file the cups so they fit.
I did the 61086 with 61051 pulley, and 61088 MIP's. The dogbones would pop out on tight turns and lock the drivetrain. I guess I could've fixed that with some springs in the cups to keep them pushed out, but that removed the excuse to buy the MIP's. Next to tackle will be tossing a prodiff in the rear and doing TC shocks.
markw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 10:48 AM   #1154
Tech Addict
 
mlight13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: United States
Posts: 675
Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)
Default

Check this out!
__________________
Mark
mlight13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 07:39 PM   #1155
Tech Regular
 
ozvena's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: STL
Posts: 489
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

It looks like the local on-road is coming back to life so I will dust out my Tub Cyclone! TTT
ozvena is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
HotBodies Cyclone WCE MooreSpeed Andy Moore Cyclone SammyZ R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 20 07-08-2010 11:17 AM
Taking Time Off Sale: Cyclone,VTA Cyclone,M03 Mini Coopers,F201,12L,T3, LOTS of MISC bmr R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 82 03-09-2009 10:13 AM
2 x HB Cyclone WCE, cyclone parts & other electric items NickM Australia For Sale/Trade 8 04-19-2008 06:28 PM
Cyclone/Cyclone S front and rear belts vazzo Australia For Sale/Trade 0 02-28-2008 06:26 PM
FS: 3Racing Sway bar sets for Cyclone/Cyclone S vazzo Australia For Sale/Trade 1 02-07-2008 02:54 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 11:28 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net