Search

Tub Cyclone `S`

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2009, 07:51 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by airwoods
my reedy 5000 hard case lipo fits perfect with no cutting
I was wondering if you had a pic of the Reedy 5000 LiPo in your S? I was thinking abou getting that LiPO for y Cyclone S.
Old 10-06-2009, 05:22 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MonkeyFist
Yes. No doubt.
Ok. do you know how it would compare to a tc4 on aspault? thats the two carsr my friend is between. i supose your going to say the s is probably better.. but te only thing against that car is no one sells parts for that here.. and they do sell tc4 parts..
Old 10-06-2009, 11:36 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TC4Racer123
Ok. do you know how it would compare to a tc4 on aspault? thats the two carsr my friend is between. i supose your going to say the s is probably better.. but te only thing against that car is no one sells parts for that here.. and they do sell tc4 parts..
Rest assured, there are online shops like Spedtechrc that carries parts for the Cyclone S. If worse comes to worse, you can always buy direct. You really don't break much on the car to be honest.
Old 10-06-2009, 11:58 AM
MD
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 136 (100%+)

Tower Hobbies, Horizon Hobby ( a few), and many others carry parts.
Old 10-06-2009, 04:10 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by charlie_b
Rest assured, there are online shops like Spedtechrc that carries parts for the Cyclone S. If worse comes to worse, you can always buy direct. You really don't break much on the car to be honest.
Originally Posted by MD
Tower Hobbies, Horizon Hobby ( a few), and many others carry parts.
No, i mean in the area. i know people sell them online, they sell tc4 parts online too, but they also sell tc4 parts here in my area. they do not sell HB stuff here..
Old 10-06-2009, 04:27 PM
MD
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 136 (100%+)

My hobby stores don't carry them either, but they will order whatever I want.
Old 10-06-2009, 06:36 PM
Tech Addict

Anyway, how will this compare to the Associated TC4? my tc4 breaks quite often, i suppose the 'S' doesn't. I suppose the 'S' is slightly a faster chassis than the shaft driven TC4. But i also suppose, when the 'S' does break, my friend will have to wait till his part comes in the mail and he will be out of racing or even practicing for a week. Would this be true? Hmm.. hard decisions.. lol
Old 10-06-2009, 06:51 PM
Tech Adept

I think that you may have a overly simplistic view on this. The TC4 and the "S" assuming you are talking about the RTR version would be the base to start comparing.

1. If you are going to run your car, you should expect to have some spares on hand. This is probably more important to you if the hobby stores around you do not stock Cyclone parts. You do not need a bunch of spares but you should have such things as arms hub carriers, c hubs, knuckles, maybe a spare belt. This will keep you racing with the car in the event of a breakage. This is not unique to the "S" but a generally good thing to have.

2. The "S" has a fully upgradeable path to the current Cyclone TC if you so desire. To upgrade the TC4 to the latest car you are buying whole new car outright. The impact of this is that as your reach the limits of the car (Cyclone S) you can improve on it where you cannot necessarily do that with the TC4.

3. I would not suggest that the TC4 is slower or faster then the "S", each have its advantages and disadvantages. How fast a car can be has many factors than the motor you strap into it.

Personally I own both cars. I have the RTR version of the TC4 and the "S". I choose to use the "S" not because it is "better", but the platform is continually being developed where the TC4 is not.
Old 10-06-2009, 07:37 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by JSeay
I think that you may have a overly simplistic view on this. The TC4 and the "S" assuming you are talking about the RTR version would be the base to start comparing.

1. If you are going to run your car, you should expect to have some spares on hand. This is probably more important to you if the hobby stores around you do not stock Cyclone parts. You do not need a bunch of spares but you should have such things as arms hub carriers, c hubs, knuckles, maybe a spare belt. This will keep you racing with the car in the event of a breakage. This is not unique to the "S" but a generally good thing to have.

2. The "S" has a fully upgradeable path to the current Cyclone TC if you so desire. To upgrade the TC4 to the latest car you are buying whole new car outright. The impact of this is that as your reach the limits of the car (Cyclone S) you can improve on it where you cannot necessarily do that with the TC4.

3. I would not suggest that the TC4 is slower or faster then the "S", each have its advantages and disadvantages. How fast a car can be has many factors than the motor you strap into it.

Personally I own both cars. I have the RTR version of the TC4 and the "S". I choose to use the "S" not because it is "better", but the platform is continually being developed where the TC4 is not.
Dude...you rock! What a good rep for the HB product. I couldn't of said it better myself.
Old 10-07-2009, 05:26 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by charlie_b
Dude...you rock! What a good rep for the HB product. I couldn't of said it better myself.
Yea, that helps a lot. Thank you. i'll tell my friend about this
Old 10-10-2009, 10:20 AM
Tech Addict

Default body chose

hey guy! need help on picking out a rcgt body. i run 17.5 t/c class and i want to get a rcgt body that duzn't require alot of set-up changes so i can run both 17.5 t/c and gt at the same race.my mazada speed 6 is what i run in t/c . thks 4 your support.
Old 10-10-2009, 10:53 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by isuzuguy
hey guy! need help on picking out a rcgt body. i run 17.5 t/c class and i want to get a rcgt body that duzn't require alot of set-up changes so i can run both 17.5 t/c and gt at the same race.my mazada speed 6 is what i run in t/c . thks 4 your support.
Kinda a hard thing to answer. Some bodies work/handle different for different people. The whole idea of RCGt is to NOT have a dominant body so the playing field is even. I can tell you what bodies are used at OC Circuit races.
Mustang GTR,Lotus Elise, Toyota MRS, Toyota Supra,Nissan 350Z, Mazda RX7/RX8, Pagani Zonda, Chevy Vette, Honda NSX,Nissan Skyline,Lambo Gallardo, Lambo Murciallago, Ford GT40.
Old 10-12-2009, 03:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 114 (100%+)

What Compound are the Premount Tires that come in the Cyclone S Kit?
These:http://www.hotbodiesonline.com/products/en/61147.html
Thank you
Dave
Old 10-12-2009, 04:15 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by dragracer72nova
Thank you
Dave
They are just only known as GUMBALLS...i think they are close to a 28* C tire is anything.
Old 10-12-2009, 04:17 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dragracer72nova
Thank you
Dave
http://www.hotbodiesonline.com/piw.p...=61271&lang=en

These are actually the premounts that come with the kit. They are S compound tires.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.