R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-22-2009, 06:54 PM   #961
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 87
Default

Thanks, MD and Charlie!

I can't wait to see how this set-up works at Pound It in the 17.5!

on another note... anyone know what weight the stock green shock oil is? or what degree the stock tires are?

Thanks again,
AJ
spam77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 07:40 PM   #962
MD
Tech Elite
 
MD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Illinois
Posts: 4,852
Trader Rating: 118 (100%+)
Default

I don't know, but if you go to the Hot Bodies website and ask them that question on their support email, they usually get back to you quickly.
MD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 11:08 AM   #963
Tech Addict
 
ZEe_NYC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Queens, NYC
Posts: 550
Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default

i'm thinking about getting back in to 1/10 EP tc this winter...

do you think this car can be competitive in a 17.5 class?

i have the money to spend on a $500 tc, but if i can save $$, why not, right?

i'll probably be running this with my mamba max and trakpower lipos. fyi


thank in advance.
ZEe_NYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 12:43 PM   #964
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 477
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZEe_NYC View Post
i'm thinking about getting back in to 1/10 EP tc this winter...

do you think this car can be competitive in a 17.5 class?

i have the money to spend on a $500 tc, but if i can save $$, why not, right?

i'll probably be running this with my mamba max and trakpower lipos. fyi


thank in advance.
Asphalt or Carpet?
MonkeyFist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 12:48 PM   #965
Tech Addict
 
ZEe_NYC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Queens, NYC
Posts: 550
Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default

indoor carpet, most likely.

are there pros and cons for this car when comparing asphalt/carpet?
ZEe_NYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 01:40 PM   #966
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 477
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZEe_NYC View Post
indoor carpet, most likely.

are there pros and cons for this car when comparing asphalt/carpet?
I've never run carpet, so I can't help you there.
MonkeyFist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 03:49 PM   #967
Tech Addict
 
ZEe_NYC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Queens, NYC
Posts: 550
Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default

So how is it on asphalt, then?
ZEe_NYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 04:48 PM   #968
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 546
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

yea, how is it on asphault? My friend is looking to get into the hobby with me(i've only run a couple races myself) because hes heard about how fun it is to race at my local track. I had been searching for the right car for him for a while- completely rtr, low price, and competitive, and i think the S is the answer. He seems on board with the car (tho he doesn't really know what to look for in a car) and i do to. He would be racing on asphalt outdoors and theres no hobby shops that carry parts for HB in my area i don't think. Does this car break easily stock? could it compete at all in the novice class at my local track? Is it easy to tune? and in general, how is it stock lol.
Thanks,Dan
__________________
Dan Fowler
Getting out of the hobby... Check out my for sale thread.
TC4Racer123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 04:50 PM   #969
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 546
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

^ by the way, we're talking about a 14 or 15 year old that is on a tight budget that would slowly upgrade to the aluminum parts over time
__________________
Dan Fowler
Getting out of the hobby... Check out my for sale thread.
TC4Racer123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 05:11 PM   #970
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 477
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

On asphalt the tub is a good car. The lower traction as compared to carpet and foams play into the hand of the tub chassis. I'm assuming your running rubber tires. The Cyclone is easy to work on and tune. It's been a while since I had a Cyclone, but I loved mine and wish I'd kept it. TC4Racer123 in stock racing, that is 27 turn or 17.5 turn, aluminum is not desirable as it weighs more then it's plastic counter parts. The nice thing about the Cyclone S is that all of the Cyclone TC hop ups will fit it. So over time you can add parts that help you tune the car to your liking more. Things like spools and one ways are a direct fit into the S version.
MonkeyFist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 05:31 PM   #971
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 546
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyFist View Post
On asphalt the tub is a good car. The lower traction as compared to carpet and foams play into the hand of the tub chassis. I'm assuming your running rubber tires. The Cyclone is easy to work on and tune. It's been a while since I had a Cyclone, but I loved mine and wish I'd kept it. TC4Racer123 in stock racing, that is 27 turn or 17.5 turn, aluminum is not desirable as it weighs more then it's plastic counter parts. The nice thing about the Cyclone S is that all of the Cyclone TC hop ups will fit it. So over time you can add parts that help you tune the car to your liking more. Things like spools and one ways are a direct fit into the S version.
I'm not saying he'd take the whole thing purple, but he'd probably replace some parts that break most often, and the novice class is 13.5 but 17.5s are allowed. Stock is it going fast enough to break parts easily or are the parts easily broken?
__________________
Dan Fowler
Getting out of the hobby... Check out my for sale thread.
TC4Racer123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 05:34 PM   #972
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 477
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TC4Racer123 View Post
I'm not saying he'd take the whole thing purple, but he'd probably replace some parts that break most often, and the novice class is 13.5 but 17.5s are allowed. Stock is it going fast enough to break parts easily or are the parts easily broken?
The only weak part that I encountered was the stock C hubs were brittle. That was a long time ago, so maybe they have changed the C hub material. I didn't drive the Cyclone that long so I didn't have time to break that many parts. Good news is that Hot Bodies stuff is usually easy to get.
MonkeyFist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 06:06 PM   #973
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 546
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyFist View Post
The only weak part that I encountered was the stock C hubs were brittle. That was a long time ago, so maybe they have changed the C hub material. I didn't drive the Cyclone that long so I didn't have time to break that many parts. Good news is that Hot Bodies stuff is usually easy to get.
Well we don't have any hobby shops that carry HB in the area i don't think.. maybe one, i'll have to check. maybe those would be a good part to have in aluminum (if they make aluminum c hubs)
__________________
Dan Fowler
Getting out of the hobby... Check out my for sale thread.
TC4Racer123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 06:29 PM   #974
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 477
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TC4Racer123 View Post
Well we don't have any hobby shops that carry HB in the area i don't think.. maybe one, i'll have to check. maybe those would be a good part to have in aluminum (if they make aluminum c hubs)
Well there is a good bad bad to aluminum. It is durable but expensive, and once it gets bent, it's junk. I'd rather have a bunch of plastic replacements that are cheap, the one expensive part.
MonkeyFist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 07:05 PM   #975
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 546
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyFist View Post
Well there is a good bad bad to aluminum. It is durable but expensive, and once it gets bent, it's junk. I'd rather have a bunch of plastic replacements that are cheap, the one expensive part.
But an aluminum part is not as likely to break in the middle of a race.. I couldn't find out if the other hobby store has HB parts or not from their website because their website is garbage.. If it doesn't he's going to need to buy some parts online and just have them when he needs them. if he does this, what kind of parts should he buy? or to put it diferently, what breaks the most, other than the c hubs?
__________________
Dan Fowler
Getting out of the hobby... Check out my for sale thread.
TC4Racer123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
HotBodies Cyclone WCE MooreSpeed Andy Moore Cyclone SammyZ R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 20 07-08-2010 11:17 AM
Taking Time Off Sale: Cyclone,VTA Cyclone,M03 Mini Coopers,F201,12L,T3, LOTS of MISC bmr R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 82 03-09-2009 10:13 AM
2 x HB Cyclone WCE, cyclone parts & other electric items NickM Australia For Sale/Trade 8 04-19-2008 06:28 PM
Cyclone/Cyclone S front and rear belts vazzo Australia For Sale/Trade 0 02-28-2008 06:26 PM
FS: 3Racing Sway bar sets for Cyclone/Cyclone S vazzo Australia For Sale/Trade 1 02-07-2008 02:54 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 03:38 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net