R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-23-2009, 09:15 AM   #886
Tech Master
 
GasGod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Tween a Rock & a Hard Place in Pa.
Posts: 1,275
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MD View Post
GasGod - I didn't have any issues with the chassis. I had two issues. The steering turnbuckles are small and tend to pull out of the ball cup. I have broken one or two steering knuckles. When you buy the knuckles you get one steering knuckle and one rear hub. So I have got a few extra rear hubs.
lol reminds me of Tamiya,guess they expect ya to sheer the whole side off.
thnx I will pick up some for spares-(are there better ones avail?not alum.)turnbuckles I will replace on assmbly-I like captured ball end anyhoo-Anyone else have any probs?I need all the help I can get-lol
__________________
F! Metal Militia,VTA NATION--Team SloMoFo
losi 8t,mbx5t,rc8
rc8,Kyosho rb5,SCR
ft4 MT wallet
cyclone;xxx-s;x-rayT2;crc gen xl;bmi 12rrl
GasGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 10:34 AM   #887
MD
Tech Elite
 
MD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Illinois
Posts: 4,857
Trader Rating: 118 (100%+)
Default

GasGod - I thought someone on this thread there are aluminum steering knuckles, but I am not sure.
MD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 11:22 AM   #888
Tech Master
 
mac853's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Dirty place
Posts: 1,777
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by airwoods View Post
i use that exact battery and it fits perfect in there like it was made for it and the good thing about it is the battery sits furthest out meaning have to use much less lead weights to balance it out.
Really, maybe even could try also that "PPDBILLET" 3.0 oz base weight pad(picture below) to gain more CG.

Well, that's why i am asking about with this Reedy 5000, not only but also the coming soon all new LRP 5300 and Robitronic 5000, they are also heavy and good performance but with the same problem, so much tall which will not fit so much "S".

Thanks anyway!

Well there's another question could anybody tell if tried before "LOSI's LCD".
How was it?
I tried asking in HB Cyclone thread before, but without any answer.

Best regards
Attached Thumbnails
Tub Cyclone `S`-600_tc5_base.jpg  
mac853 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 02:16 PM   #889
Tech Master
 
GasGod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Tween a Rock & a Hard Place in Pa.
Posts: 1,275
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MD View Post
GasGod - I thought someone on this thread there are aluminum steering knuckles, but I am not sure.
Never cared much for alum.-rather have it break than bend, and not know it.
__________________
F! Metal Militia,VTA NATION--Team SloMoFo
losi 8t,mbx5t,rc8
rc8,Kyosho rb5,SCR
ft4 MT wallet
cyclone;xxx-s;x-rayT2;crc gen xl;bmi 12rrl
GasGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 04:54 PM   #890
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 351
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac853 View Post
Really, maybe even could try also that "PPDBILLET" 3.0 oz base weight pad(picture below) to gain more CG.

Well, that's why i am asking about with this Reedy 5000, not only but also the coming soon all new LRP 5300 and Robitronic 5000, they are also heavy and good performance but with the same problem, so much tall which will not fit so much "S".

Thanks anyway!

Well there's another question could anybody tell if tried before "LOSI's LCD".
How was it?
I tried asking in HB Cyclone thread before, but without any answer.

Best regards
Oops! my bad,i just installed my reedy lipo and forgot that i had dremmeld down the tabs on the battery so i could fit it in my old sprint 2 but it does fit perfect in my cyclone s tub without drilling anything on the chassis.
airwoods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 06:06 PM   #891
Tech Elite
 
vazzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Brisbane, QLD
Posts: 2,719
Trader Rating: 100 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac853 View Post
You mean the right side of middle block, thanks!
Maybe speak to airwoods about it then mac as I couldnt fit it without dremeling, but in saying that i upgraded the motor mounts to the 3 racing ones not using the original ones on the car as I need more purple bling.
__________________
Gone riding, cya.........
vazzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 01:00 AM   #892
Tech Master
 
mac853's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Dirty place
Posts: 1,777
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by airwoods View Post
Oops! my bad,i just installed my reedy lipo and forgot that i had dremmeld down the tabs on the battery so i could fit it in my old sprint 2 but it does fit perfect in my cyclone s tub without drilling anything on the chassis.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vazzo View Post
Maybe speak to airwoods about it then mac as I couldnt fit it without dremeling, but in saying that i upgraded the motor mounts to the 3 racing ones not using the original ones on the car as I need more purple bling.
OK, i will pay attention on it.
About to replace 3racing 1, i prefer to modifying the original.

Thanks!
mac853 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 07:40 PM   #893
Tech Elite
 
Tabushi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Chile - Southamerica
Posts: 3,029
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Tabushi Send a message via Yahoo to Tabushi
Default

Hi guys,

Just received the Cyclone S with a lot of upgrades that i bought on ebay. Im very happy because all the seller published was true, the car its NEW and UNUSED. All the upgrades mentiones were inn, and the stock parts were on a separate bag.

The thing is that comes with center pulley 18T, how thats affect the pinion and spur selection ?

I ordered a couple of pinions and spur from Kawada based on gearchart.com, pinions 32, 34 and 36 and spurs 66, 68 and 70

I assume the tranny ratio from gearchart.com its considering stock 16T central pulley ... so i dont know if the pinions and spurs i bought will work good or not with the 18T pulley.

This car will be raced on 13.5 brushless (novak) and 6 NiMH batts (maxamps 4.700mah)

thanks,
__________________
Patricio "PATO" Concha

E-Mail : [email protected]
Facebook : http://www.facebook.com/patoconcha
Whatsapp : +56 9 66165085
Tabushi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 09:12 PM   #894
Tech Elite
 
vazzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Brisbane, QLD
Posts: 2,719
Trader Rating: 100 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabushi View Post
Hi guys,

Just received the Cyclone S with a lot of upgrades that i bought on ebay. Im very happy because all the seller published was true, the car its NEW and UNUSED. All the upgrades mentiones were inn, and the stock parts were on a separate bag.

The thing is that comes with center pulley 18T, how thats affect the pinion and spur selection ?

I ordered a couple of pinions and spur from Kawada based on gearchart.com, pinions 32, 34 and 36 and spurs 66, 68 and 70

I assume the tranny ratio from gearchart.com its considering stock 16T central pulley ... so i dont know if the pinions and spurs i bought will work good or not with the 18T pulley.

This car will be raced on 13.5 brushless (novak) and 6 NiMH batts (maxamps 4.700mah)

thanks,
It will definately effect the spur/pinions you bought. See ratios below.

16T Pulleys = 2.4375
18T Pulleys = 2.1666

I sent a number of requests to the hosts of gearchart and they never add the new cars, I think they have stopped developing the site or something. Anyway most manuals give you the gear ratio these days.

Cheers
Adrian

Cheers
Adrian
__________________
Gone riding, cya.........
vazzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 07:48 AM   #895
YBR
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 13
Default

Hey guys,


I am running the stock 96t 64p spur and was wondering what pinion i should use for a 19t motor? I'm not used to gearing with 64p gears so I really have no clue thanks for any and all help..

Phil
YBR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 04:18 PM   #896
Tech Master
 
GasGod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Tween a Rock & a Hard Place in Pa.
Posts: 1,275
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by YBR View Post
Hey guys,


I am running the stock 96t 64p spur and was wondering what pinion i should use for a 19t motor? I'm not used to gearing with 64p gears so I really have no clue thanks for any and all help..

Phil
try 35-38 you should shoot for a fdr of 6-6.5 gearing always depends on track-ask others what fdr they are running--
__________________
F! Metal Militia,VTA NATION--Team SloMoFo
losi 8t,mbx5t,rc8
rc8,Kyosho rb5,SCR
ft4 MT wallet
cyclone;xxx-s;x-rayT2;crc gen xl;bmi 12rrl
GasGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 04:26 PM   #897
Tech Master
 
GasGod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Tween a Rock & a Hard Place in Pa.
Posts: 1,275
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Missed the Fed=ex guy today--My kit should be here tomorrow-gonna build it tomorrow test thurs or fri- and race Sat--13.5 /rubber outdoors lol Hope the front end holds together as I have no spares yet.Gonna try some other brand uni's or cvds-I have some that measure 44mm so-- gonna give it a shot.I have seen the dogbones chew up an rtr's axle stubs badly,they would actually lock up the front wheels in a turn--
__________________
F! Metal Militia,VTA NATION--Team SloMoFo
losi 8t,mbx5t,rc8
rc8,Kyosho rb5,SCR
ft4 MT wallet
cyclone;xxx-s;x-rayT2;crc gen xl;bmi 12rrl
GasGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 02:21 AM   #898
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 32
Default

Hey there, just got myself a cyclone S I've never ran on road before so I need help.

FYI I plan to run Trinity 5000 Lipo's on asphalt

1. Gearing for a 17.5 or 10.5 Pinion and Spur pls not just Final drive (Starting point anyway)
2. Basic idea of suspension starting point - springs, oil, piston
3. Sway bars
4. any tips pointers to consider before going racing.

thanks in advance
Ummmm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 07:27 PM   #899
Tech Master
 
GasGod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Tween a Rock & a Hard Place in Pa.
Posts: 1,275
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

bummer snapped 2 chassis in a week--both at the same spot and no hits--
__________________
F! Metal Militia,VTA NATION--Team SloMoFo
losi 8t,mbx5t,rc8
rc8,Kyosho rb5,SCR
ft4 MT wallet
cyclone;xxx-s;x-rayT2;crc gen xl;bmi 12rrl
GasGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 07:38 PM   #900
Tech Elite
 
mangoman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 2,981
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasGod View Post
bummer snapped 2 chassis in a week--both at the same spot and no hits--
Have you got any aluminium parts on the car? like rear pivot block?
__________________
Hot Bodies Cyclone!!!
www.smaracing.org
www.rchobbies.com.au - www.feralbatteries.com.au
craig mcphee ( WHERE'S MY BEER )
mangoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
HotBodies Cyclone WCE MooreSpeed Andy Moore Cyclone SammyZ R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 20 07-08-2010 11:17 AM
Taking Time Off Sale: Cyclone,VTA Cyclone,M03 Mini Coopers,F201,12L,T3, LOTS of MISC bmr R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 82 03-09-2009 10:13 AM
2 x HB Cyclone WCE, cyclone parts & other electric items NickM Australia For Sale/Trade 8 04-19-2008 06:28 PM
Cyclone/Cyclone S front and rear belts vazzo Australia For Sale/Trade 0 02-28-2008 06:26 PM
FS: 3Racing Sway bar sets for Cyclone/Cyclone S vazzo Australia For Sale/Trade 1 02-07-2008 02:54 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 11:28 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net